Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

I finally have a phone that isn't 11 years old, so I downloaded this game among others and started the reroll process. Of the classes and deck archetypes I looked up, Discard Dragon seemed the most fun/interesting to me. However, I don't know if I can justify passing up this reroll, so I would appreciate some input:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Alright, that all meshes with other stuff I'd read and what I was thinking, so I'll go ahead and stick with this roll. Thanks for the input.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Is arena the best use of gold? It seems like even if you suck and only get a couple wins, you still might as well do that as opposed to using it directly on packs.

Also, I opened a second Cerberus recently. I'm considering biting the bullet and picking up the prebuilt theme deck for a third one and slapping together one of the budget aggro shadow decks I've seen. Is that still a solid way to go?

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

I got this pack as one of my five DE packs today and thought it was funny:

I also got one legendary from the packs, and an animated one at that. It was my second animated Sun Oracle Pascale and my third overall. I almost feel obligated to make a lovely deck with her now.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

No Wave posted:

Do you know how many DE packs I've bought since it became irrelevant hoping to get an animated humpty??? At least fifty. Not even kidding.

Make sure you check out the evolved art on him. It's glorious.

You weren't exaggerating, he's incredibly shiny.

Also I tried some stuff with Sun Oracle Pascale and she seems even more disappointingly mediocre than resources led me to believe. The effect happening at the end of your turn kills it, although it'd be way too silly if it happened right away.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

Im just a mage, who slots into Dirt

Speaking of Levi, I put together a budget aggro DShift deck from a list I found and I think old fart Levi is almost more offensive by himself than chaining DShifts together. He's ridiculously good and for some reason his voiced line makes me laugh.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

I like Take Two for the opportunity to goof off with cards that are bad and/or I don't have but there are definitely also frustrating times.

Unrelated: My three missions for today were 1, 3, and 4 wins with Bloodcraft. Nice synergy.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Test of Strength is completely changed and Shadow Reaper is one cost higher: https://shadowverse.com/news/important/news-0123

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

I killed some of the downtime looking through the new cards again and had a fun laugh at the idea of making a Cinderella Support Cannon deck and calling it The Bounce House. It probably wouldn't be any good, but if I'm fortunate enough to open a couple copies of her later then I might try to make it for unranked play.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Since my Wonderland packs gave me 2 Wizardesses of Oz, I went ahead and crafted the third and put together a Dirt Burn Rune based on some lists and discussions I'd seen. It feels pretty good and it is a nice change of pace from Sword Dshift.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Apparently the way to not run into Neutral Blood in ladder is to switch to playing Seraph Haven since I played Burn Dirt Rune so much I got to level 100 Runecraft.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

I thought Neutral Sword Aggro was doing okay though?

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Okay, I realize I'm only in A1 here but since switching to Seraph from Burn Dirt I've only run into like 2 Neutral Bloods and I've run into 3 Polyphonic Roar Ramp Dragons. So bizarre.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Jimmy Hats posted:

I've been playing carabosse. It's pretty fun! I figured out the trick is to play her on turn 7 or 8 since it lets you play bloods awesome 4 drops with other cards in the same turn. My deck is basically just board wipes, wards, banes, and drain. Carabosse+limil's way is insane health gain.

Can you post your list? I've been trying different lists with her from super stall (which sucks) to semi-aggro (which is doing ok) and I'd like to see more ideas.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Thanks for the list. It's definitely got some things I hadn't considered. You're also definitely right about the Executioner's Axe being really strong for the long game, but I'm not sure I would make room for it in a more aggro build. The Blood Moon idea is cool, too.

Unrelated, but people playing Neutral Spawn Blood in Unranked disgust me, especially when I just want to goof around with my extremely budget duck windmill deck.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

I put Dramatic Dragonblader into my terrible budget Hamsa Windmill deck because I like her art and it's actually been pretty ok. The deck still sucks though because I really need Breath of the Salamander and probably Uriel to make it safer and more consistent.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Yukari posted:

What's the cat blood deck?

Something like this:

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Spawn is really good at the moment and is the only legendary you need for his deck, really, since some Neutral Blood builds don't really need Alice Wonderland Explorer. Ancient Elf is good but a lot of Forest decks are more gold/legendary dependant, Dark Alice is currently a fun gimmick that will probably be really good and fun if the meta slows down, and the others are sorta eh. Back it up if you can, otherwise I would reroll that if I was in your shoes.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

The semi-aggro Carabosse deck I stole from Reddit or Gamepress and have been playing does use Mask and it has actually stolen me a couple wins, including one against Spawn. Here's that deck, since I realized just now I never linked it when we were talking about Carabosse before:

Unrelated, but I just got done with a super frustrating session where I was going for 7 ranked wins for a daily, got 6 easily, then lost like 10+ in a row bouncing between Burn Rune, that Carabosse deck, and Seraph. The mulligans and topdecks just completely left me for that stretch.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Jimmy Hats posted:

Have you been getting any mileage out of Vampire's kiss? I've been finding that it sort of sucks poo poo now with all the buffs floating around and a lot of minions having 3 health

Like Yukari said, they can still be pretty good early on, and they're not completely dead later since 2 health healed can be pretty significant. There are also times on turn 4 going second where something like Lyrial + Kiss has helped me retake a board in much the same way Lyrial + Tove would. Whether you keep them early on is gonna depend a lot on the opponent (Tove, Haven not having early stuff in general). I could see them being cut but I'm not sure there's really a great alternative out there that covers both the damage and the healing Kiss provides.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Hyper Inferno posted:

Carrot/Hamsa Windmill is the most hilarious Dragon deck I've ever played. I don't have any Uriels, so I've been using Dragon Emissary to search it out where only it and Draconic Fervor are my cards above 5 mana in the deck. It's not a great deck but boy is it hilarious.

I've been doing this but without the Carrots, instead opting for goofy bullshit with Through the Looking Glass, Ace Dragoon, and Dramatic Dragonblader which actually does good work against people who play lots of tiny little annoying fairy dudes or no dudes at all for your Hamsas to feed off of. It's bad but it's funny.

Edit: Two packs today (the free WD one and a WD one with crystals) gave me my second Alice and second Queen of the Dread Sea. Nice luck.

Shadow Ninja 64 fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Jul 14, 2017

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

This new Forest prebuilt looks like poo poo: https://shadowverse.com/articles/detail.php?id=column-054

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Sword one seems decent if you need the legendaries or the support cannon shenanigan: https://shadowverse.com/articles/detail.php?id=column-055

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

If the nerfs serve to slow down the meta by two or even just one turn on average, I would expect to see both Blade DShift and Oz/Caprice DShift see a lot more play. Both variants were played a lot in that Shadow Nexus practice tourney that had players bring 3 decks and let each player ban one of the opponent's classes in each match.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Rune prebuilt seems sorta mediocre, standouts being Daria, Professor of Taboos, Mutagenic Bolt, and Melvie I guess: https://shadowverse.com/articles/detail.php?id=column-052

Dragon prebuilt, on the other hand, is insane. Every legendary and gold except for Date Masamune is either playable or insane: https://shadowverse.com/articles/detail.php?id=column-057

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

cheetah7071 posted:

It isn't even alt art Daria?

Nope, it's alt art Hulking Giant.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

The Shadow premade seems pretty alright if you want to make a Nephtys or Death's Ledger deck, or if you have no Eachtars: https://shadowverse.com/articles/detail.php?id=column-058

Also, patch info (but no nerf info): https://shadowverse.com/news/?announce_id=326

Finally, leader poll winners: http://imgur.com/a/2fOGJ

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

I got to out-gimmick a Dark Alice lockdown deck with my Alice's Adventure Seraph monstrosity and it made me real happy.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Belphegor might be the only good part of this: https://shadowverse.com/articles/detail.php?id=column-060

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

I just opened this pack tonight after reading about the nerfs:

https://imgur.com/gallery/EaCDc

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Jimmy Hats posted:

Bapho change kinda fucks my carabosse meme which already sucked poo poo :(

Tutoring for Carabosse is probably dead unless people really want to run only Baphos, Bosse, and Neutrals, but the various nerfs might help Aggro Bat Bosse be more viable. I've already been seeing builds of that in ladder and it seems to do pretty okay I guess?

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

I'd bought one of those 7500 crystal packs a few weeks back with the justification that I haven't bought any other games lately since I've been playing this. I'm now a lot of crystals lighter but I have 3 each of the Dragon and Shadow prebuilts so I can actually play those classes for real. I also have like 28,000 vials now so I might craft some of the neutral wallet legendaries, but I'm not sure which to focus on between Saha/Israfil/Lucifer/more Bahamuts.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

I'm trying Nep and Midrange Shadow both on ladder and my Nep deck ran into and lost to a Storm Ramp Phoenix Roost Dragon deck that was pretty sweet. It seemed like the usual Storm Ramp stuff just with Roost and Wyrm God thrown in.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

I've had a lot of fun with a somewhat traditional Nep deck with Test of Strength teched in. It helps in the mirror, somewhat against Ramp Dragon, and ironically enough against Aegis.

On the Dragon front, I saw mention of using Roost with Goblin Princess + Jabberwock for fun times, so I might give that a shot for fun.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

I keep running into DShift stuff when I switch to Nep and aggro stuff when I switch to DShift. I miss the pre nerf Spawn meta so much right now.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

I just got wrecked by Dracomancer's Rites / Queen of the Dread Sea and it was really neat.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

cheetah7071 posted:

Does anyone have a D Shift list they're happy with in the current meta? Daria variants remain more fun but just aren't winning anymore

I might also give dirt rune a shot potentially. Not gonna abandon my rune-only stance 350 wins in though

You say that about Daria but for some reason I've played against more Darias today than I have in the past two months. Conjuring Force Rune has also made a few appearances in post nerf tournaments, apparently. As for D Shift, the one I had the most success with is probably the most traditional one with Flame Destroyers as its win condition, but other people have had success splashing in Golem Assault. The one that I like playing the most is Neutral Queen Shift, but a control Earth Rite variant of that is more popular and probably better at stalling out until turn 10.

As for the lists, I think the D Shift one I was running is mostly the same as the one on ManaSurge's site. They also have Conjuring and ER Queen Shift lists there: https://manasurge.team/svtierlist/

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

I haven't seen any Elanas in days but I still run into half a dozen different DShift variants all the time, even Daria DShift.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Tove, dead. Spawn, dead. BKB and Sabreur nerfed. Disagreeable Demon cowers in a dark corner in fear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

They added Korean language support to the game, and you get 1 free pack of each set for changing your language to Korean and going to the gift box. I got a Dragonsong Flute and a Nephthys from my packs.

• Locked thread