Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I just picked up this game and god drat I am so pleased that white weenies is a viable archetype, something that was sorely missing from Hearthstone

What are the must-haves for sword aggro? I ended up crafting Cursed General (3/3 gives officers haste) since that seemed pretty darn important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I'm also currently 6-0 on the ladder and consistently winning on turn 6 or 7. I nearly had a turn 5 win, but I forgot to attack with my raging goblin once.

Gosh, I just love aggro decks :allears:

inthesto fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Oct 31, 2016

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

So how long until people stop letting me do this to them, and what are the key anti-aggro cards in each faction that I should be watching out for

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
AFAIK, you also can't account link on steam, because that button is replaced with the contact customer support button

You have to do it from your phone

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
My first 20 or so ranked matches were total stomps and I may as well have been playing against empty-handed opponents

Now I'm in D1 and decks are actually beating me, especially later at night when Japanese players crawl out of bed. Havencraft seems to have an especially easy time grinding down my hand with attrition. The most entertaining match was when Runecraft loving time walked me twice in a row to win while on 1 HP.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Nope, linking mobile to steam doesn't do anything

If you want those free packs, you need to link mobile to G+ or Facebook. As far as I can tell, the Steam client can't link to those accounts at all.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Clarste posted:

I'm just saying that having ~10 cards that will never see light in any possible game, no matter how long it goes, lowers reliability significantly.

MtG has 60 card decks where at least a third of that is just your mana

You get used to having games that are well beyond your control

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Stop being nerds about rerolling and play the drat game. Crafting exists for a reason.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I just do my dailies in unranked

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I've been offered Lord of the Flies in all three of my drafts so far :pwn:

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
So now that I've finished building the basic sword aggro deck, I'm looking to build the banner deck since it seems a little more robust at the cost of a few extra uncommons and bumping the mana curve up a little.

Is there a list of garbage rares and legendaries that I can turn to liquid safely without any regrets? I'm not gonna go nuts and liquefy everything outside of my faction of choice, but there has to be high rarity trash that isn't worth keeping, even "just in case".

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Fanfare bug?

Unless you mean the literal insect it summons when it enters the battlefield.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Is Erasmus worth keeping around at all? I don't see him listed on any of the runecraft decks, and I've got two copies of the guy.

I really wouldn't miss one copy of it to finish up the banner sword deck.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Reiterpallasch posted:

he's good on paper but rune just doesn't have any sort of coherent lategame control plan that doesn't just involve d-shift right now; he's definitely a card that could end up seeing use when the next expansion hits but not before

Good to know. One of them is has now been converted into two copies of Conscription and two copies of Ruthless Assassin.

Is there anything I really need to know about banner sword compared to face sword? It looks like it's more reliable due to being able to tutor its only commander, but I'm wondering if there's more nuance to that, and how it performs in matchups compared to the face variant.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Speaking of checking for lethal, I had a game last night where I had lethal and didn't notice it until it was too late. Two officers with 4 attack, assault commander in hand, and an evolution point to spare. It wasn't until I had already attacked with my unevolved creature that I realized that added up to more than the opponent's life total.

I still squeaked out a victory at the end, but it was down to the wire, I was in topdeck mode, and it felt like a moral defeat. :negative:

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I've had three games in a row now where my opponent makes an intelligent tempo play, and if you were looking at the board you'd assume I was toast

And then I drop eight damage from my hand anyway, because who really expects to be killed at 11 or 12 life?

Banner sword is bursty as hell and it owns. Are there any gold or legendary cards I should be slotting in now that I have liquid to spare? I already have one copy of Otohime.

inthesto fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Nov 6, 2016

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Lord Ephraim posted:

A friend helped me create this sword deck but I don't really know what I'm suppose to do with it. The two cards you can't see is Alwida's Command and Frontguard General. I don't really now much about CCG jargon outside of SMOrc meme stuff. I have an Alexander but he said it's not really fitted into the meta however do not liquefy it yet.

I won 6 out of 10 unranked games against similar ranked nobodies without really trying. I just make sure I have more dudes than my opponent and hit face. :orks101:

My free DE packs gave me 5 spirit cycle (and a Crystalia Tia woo?). I mean, I'll take 500 free vials but what are the chances of getting the same card once in each pack?

It looks like you've got 95% of a midrange sword deck, which makes you a lucky jerk because that's the strongest sword deck right now.

Basically your early cards like vanguard, whole sword swing, and fencer let you trade favorably and gain virtual card advantage, you have cards to search and thin your deck like pompous princess and maid leader, and your mid to top end like floral fencer, aurelia, and otohime are monsters that will require 2 or 3 for 1's out of your opponent.

There''s no real tricks to playing the deck, it's a very straightforward value machine.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Aston posted:

Is it worth crafting commons in this game or do you tend to get them quickly enough anyway?

I ended up crafting about 10 or so commons to get my sword aggro deck rolling. It depends on how key they are to how your deck functions.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

trucutru posted:

What I'm getting from this is that, unless you're one of a few extremely aggressive decks, it seems like going second is an advantage. I guess the extra evolution is powerful.

I can't say I'm surprised

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Face sword is almost entirely basics and commons, and is a tier 2 deck to boot. Banner is barely any more expensive; most of its cost comes from Alwida's Command and is tier 1 (maybe 1.5) anyway.

Basically, you can get a top tier deck almost out of the box.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I'm trying to decide whether I should build an aggro blood deck since I already have one copy of Vania and I like playing aggro anyway, or if I should save up the vials to build midrange sword which is a stupidly strong deck but requires like seven legendaries I don't have yet and I already play banner sword anyway.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
The best opening hand for banner depends heavily on theatchup. Against factions that are likely to throw down a one drop, I prefer vanguard, but against haven or rune quick blader is better. Either way, as long as I get 1-2-3 in my hand with maid as my 2, I'm really drat happy.

Unless I'm going second, in which case I'm unconditionally mulling for a floral fencer. That card is dumb.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Mr. Whale posted:

Should I dust my animated pluto? I dunno if they ever buff cards but it seems unplayable right now.

I'm not sure if they directly buff cards, but the metagame will almost certainly shift with the release of a new expansion, which I believe will hit by the end of the year.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Insurrectionist posted:

I'm still facing absolutely bizarre decks (as in 'not even the best you could make if you had zero packs to work with' bizarre) in C-rank and have an obscene winrate with Control Shadow, hardly the strongest deck around. And I didn't do any rerolling so I only had five Legendaries to work with at the start too, one useful for my deck. I must be playing at a better time than anyone else because I rarely meet super-optimized meta decks or even expensive decks at these low ranks. Anyway, you might as well do Ranked for progress on the Ranked achievements if nothing else.

I think I had a 20 win streak before I met somebody who could beat me when I started out in ranked, and I didn't even look up any deck lists. After building the face sword deck in the OP, I cruised right up to about C3 rank, and then after I built banner sword, my winrate was still pretty high until B3.

Once I hit the middle of B3, that's about where I started running into prayer haven and various combo forest decks all over the drat place.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Lord Ephraim posted:

Also that's the first time I've seen the alternate leader for swordcraft.

I personally hate Latham because not only is he a crappy card, but he's a pale imitation of some really strong MtG cards.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

shoc77 posted:

How do you guys clear daily missions where you only have a garbo deck?

Since you are only allowed to reroll once per day, it's kinda hard for me as the only viable deck I have is budget banner sword.

Either try to do it in take two, or just put your nose to the loving grindstone in unranked.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
What on earth do you people even mean when you say "meme"

Also Gert looks boring, would probably replace veteran Lancer for him in a banner deck to almost no noticeable effect

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Okay, so "meme" just means gimmick or jank

idk why there needs to be a new word for this

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Aggro Sword typically wins by firing warning shots for 3 rounds and then dropping the banner and ripping your throat out on turn 4. You deal with this through cheap wards (veteran lancer, snake priestess, spartoi soldier), cheap removal (blackened scripture, magic missile, angelic barrage), or creatures that force bad trades with the likes of oathless and ascetic knight (anything with 2 defense, elf child may). Also priest of the cudgel and dragon warrior are both cards that reliably let you stabilize on turn 4.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I have no idea when people BM me because I play with the sound muted and tab out during my opponent's turn

Also while I'd like to see amulet removal worm its way into the metagame, it really only answers three strong cards and is useless against the likes of Beastcall Aria

inthesto fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Nov 30, 2016

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

trucutru posted:

Aria is kind of a necessary evil since, without it, Haven would not have a way to stabilize against a zerg rush.

Between Blackened Scripture, Snake Priestess, Temple Defender, and Priest of the Cudgel, I'd say Haven has plenty of answers to aggro decks

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I got Mordecai, Tia, and nothing else of note.

At least it was 1500 vials, I guess.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

interrodactyl posted:

Alright, here are my re-rolls that I think are worth anything:

10 Legendaries

Crystalia Tia x2
Gabriel
Enstatued Seraph
Dark Angel Olivia
Dragonsong Flute x3
Skullfane

9 Legendaries

Crystalia Tia
Bloody Mary
Otohime
Enstatued Seraph
Lord of the Flies
Dark Angel Olivia
Sun Oracle Pascale
Dragonsong Flute x2

10 Legendaries

Ancient Elf
Crytalia Tia
Bloody Mary x2
Odin x2
Enstatued Seraph
Soul Dealer
Sun Oracle Pscale
Tsubaki

What should I take?

I'd be tempted to take #1 just because you get two Tias and you can safely liquefy Skullfane and Dragonsong Flute. The other two sets have six strong legendaries each. In set 2 they're spread out across different factions, in set 3 you get two good legendaries for Forest (which will still be an expensive faction) and two good legendaries in blood (which will soak up most of the cost for aggro blood).

None of your choices are bad tbh

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Clarste posted:

So I was curious as to why were got these free packs. Apparently half of them are from the game reaching 6 million downloads, and the other half are to celebrate a pro Magic player on the dev team winning a tournament. Apparently he won by cheating out a 15/15 creature that gives you an extra turn, on the first turn. Congratulations Kentaro Yamamoto; I can only assume you love Dimension Shift.

In case anyone's curious how this actually happened: http://magic.wizards.com/en/events/coverage/gpchi16/finals-atsuki-kihara-miracles-vs-kentaro-yamamoto-sneak-and-show-2016-11-27

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Now there's a loving Johnny card if I've ever seen one

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

No Wave posted:

someone on the reddit made legend recently with a 3x mentor's teachings list. I feel vindicated.

Was mentor''s teachings considered a bad card? Sure it's not exciting in any way, but it's cheap damage that cycles. Hard to argue with that.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

trucutru posted:

Reddit has like 10 new cards posted. Including a neutral 0/2 for 2pp that gains as much attack as the strongest enemy minion +1. Doesn't Haven get a card that gives a minion storm?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Shadowverse/comments/5h6x9l/8_new_rise_of_bahamut_card_revealed/

You're probably thinking of Demon Commander Laura, which is a blood card

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Say, how does necromancy interact with PTP anyway? If you burn shadows on necromancy, are they gone for the purposes of PTP or does PTP simply check your discard pile?

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Well so much for trying to cram Deathly Tyrant and PTP in the same deck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Two Ancient Elves is already really strong, and Skullfane is a very safe liquefy. Tsubaki and Lord of the Flies are also both amazing legendaries. I'd definitely keep it.

• Locked thread