Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

This seem ok or should I keep trying?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
Ok so uh

Is the file I'm looking for not supposed to be here?

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

Reiterpallasch posted:

obvious question: is your device rooted?

I have no idea what that means, I don't own a cellphone or anything I'm just using Leapdroid.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
I wish I had known how fun Dshift is so I could try rerolling into some Merlins, but the budget version from the op is still super loving fun. I love playing cancer combo decks, reminds me of playing yugioh.

Also I'm apparently poo poo at card evaluation because I am not great at take two.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
I've only been playing this for a few days, but

While I only have 1 Merlin so far, Dshift is legitimately the most fun I've ever had playing a card game. The absolute stupid bullshit clown fiesta wins you pull off sometimes are the best feeling.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

Gettin on up :dance:

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
So uh

I've been stuck here for half an hour without anything happening. I could quit out of the game I guess, but I don't know if that would count as a loss or not. Anyone know what I should do?

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
This was, without question, the dumbest game of Take Two I've played so far.

I didn't think to screencap these until later, but at one point we both seriously had 4 Earth Sigils on the field. Check out the cards remaining - this game lasted forever

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
I didn't realize I needed to actually follow them to benefit for some reason. Probably because I don't actually have a twitter account. Is it still too late?

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
Oh :downs:

I didn't get anything good or that I cared about though. I got a third copy of Summon Iceform, not that I think I wanted that? I guess I got Remi and Calamitous Curse if I ever wanted to build a Earth Sigil deck.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

:toot:

Unfortunately I had to switch away from my beloved Dshift to a janky Face Dragon to do it, but gently caress it if the game is gunna throw 5 Fortes at me I am going to take the hint.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
I said it earlier in the thread too, but man Dshift is like the funnest deck I've ever played in a card game.

Still though, a little variety keeps things fresh.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
Ask me about Runecraft being my spirit animal.

I find that I actually have really good success with Runecraft if I just focus on Earth Rite poo poo - this deck was way more Sigils than Rites but I found that it was way less of a problem than I initially expected. Calamitous Curse puts in gaming-winning levels of work every time I draft it, and the 2x Remi is super nice. Ancient Alchemist managed to never be dread either, due in large part to all the stall and board flips.

All in all, was pleasantly surprised, and I'm glad to finally have gotten my first 5-0.

Here's the draft for anyone curious.

e: for completeness' sake, I'll also say my rewards were a pack and 280 gold.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

trucutru posted:

Oh, gently caress D-Shift

You know I always wonder what's going through my opponents' heads when I start my Solitaire victory play.

I'm glad to know it's exactly as frustrating as I was hoping.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
In a bit over 2 weeks of playing, I've thrown together:

-Dshift (crafted the budget version day 1 and added the replacement gold/legs as I pulled them)
-Face Dragon (didn't want to play it but the game has thrown like 5 Fortes at me so I took the hint)
-Garuda (crafted this one mostly from scratch, I had like 1 Garuda from packs)
-Elana (entirely from scratch, blew like 4000 vials on it because I loving hate aggro blood)
-Seraph (haven't actually put a list together but I've pulled 2 seraphs so eh)

I could also do some kooky variations like the Elana/Seraph hybrid or the Skullfane Garuda list. In spite of this I still have 3000 vials and another 2000 gold in the bank, so I could probably start building towards another cheapo deck on a whim, like Banner Sword.

Game's really nice to F2P players imo.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

:toot:

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

nftyw posted:

I don't know how Earth Rite cards work but I presume there's some kind of combo where having an earth rite is preferable over having a 0/2 wall on the field.

Fwiw I run 1 Commerce Experiment and 1 Petrify in my dshift to help deal with Seraph and other obnoxious amulets and I'm usually pretty happy to play CE whenever because it's a 1 cost spellboost. A lot of the strength of the deck comes from having like 5 cards in hand that all get cheaper when spellboosted and your cheap spells become -4 cost or whatever it happens to be.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
Counterpoint: don't let your memes be dreams

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
She doesn't, but Lord of Flies triggers at the start of every turn which is probably how you got confused.

e: Also you're Zep right? I always get confused by name changes

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
In my experience Elana is favoured against aggro, is roughly even against midrange decks, and gets dicked on by the heavy control decks like Dshift and PtP. As always its kinda draw dependent - if you don't get Elana ever you are kinda hosed against midrange, otoh if you get an early Elana (or even double Elana) into a big board you can possibly put up enough pressure to beat control.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

trucutru posted:

Ok, I have not much experience and that sounds logical. But how does control deal with her when she starts snowballing?

For the most part something like Dshift will win before Elana can reasonably put on the pressure. The thing about Dshift and PtP is they are entirely designed around stopping pressure before it builds too high, and then they just kinda win regardless of board state.

Basically, they win before Elana can win.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
How does the ordering with 2 Vampire Fortresses even work?

e:
My gut instinct is the first triggers and pops for 2 damage, then the second triggers and pops for 3. Is that right?

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
I had pretty much completely lost interest in Hearthstone (aside from watching youtube vids I guess) but decided to give Shadowverse a shot and was completely blown away by how much fun I had.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

Lord Ephraim posted:

I'm C2 and facing complete tempo forest and this new PtP Rune deck that just spams cheap 2 PP 3/3 wards until they alter fate 3 times and win. I play mostly unranked for doing dailies. Just getting one Runecraft win when you have zero Dshifts is loving impossible.

Speaking of PtP Rune, I'm actually gunna try streaming it in A rank in about 15 minutes.

https://www.twitch.tv/golden_battler

Come hang out if you feel like it.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
gdi those images are way too tiny

Pretty cool to hear in any case.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
I might be reading it wrong, but Rune is getting a 2 cost 2/2 that Spellboosts a Follower in your hand twice. This owns and is literally the exact thing I was hoping they'd print.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

Nehru the Damaja posted:

So I can just dust Pluto right now since they're releasing a 7-drop version that can also be played as an early game kill spell, huh. Yeesh.

Well tbf Pluto can kill big dudes where-as this can only kill dudes with 4 or less defense, but yeah it seems like a much better card. That's probably fine too, I don't think Pluto was all that good really.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
Some dude translated them all with pictures here

My first impressions:

White Wolf probably elevates Silver Bolt from meme to real status.

Subleader Gert seems boring but good, hard to imagine it wouldn't be played in Banner or Midrange.

Mysteria Wizard Craig is, as mentioned, exactly what I was hoping they'd print and finally gives the Spellboost Followers that Rune has a reason to exist. Could potentially help to create some new archetypes depending on what else they get.

Salamander Breath I dunno what to say since I don't know much about non-face Dragon, but it seems like a totally reasonable card with good flexibility. I somehow forgot that Enhance effects trigger in addition to the normal effect. 7 cost for a super Swipe seems pretty dope.

Purgatory Contract seems like solid enough card. Maybe leads to big swing turns if you eat like, and evolved Forte or something?

Mastema I honestly have no idea if it's good or not. It probably is if you're running into lots of decks with Ward? Based on the wording it can probably still go face which means it might as well be a vanilla 5:6/6 for aggro.

Master Lady Sage is probably good? It's the same cost as a Healing Prayer but instead of healing you get a 1/2 and the potential to trigger more than once. It probably never will, but the fact that they'll feel pressed into burning resources on it is cool.

Golden Battler fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Nov 29, 2016

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
I like saying the word meme.

maymay

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
I'd like to think I avoided most of that while I streamed, but if you were there please do tell me if there's anything you thought could be improved, since I'll probably do it again at some point.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
That was Nages and I yeah, I'm glad to hear it.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

Yakiniku Teishoku posted:

storm haven: top of the meta. fast face damage with a variety of utility
elana/seraph haven: heals back all your face damage and punches you to death with big numbers, or distracts you and literally plays the "you win the game" card
dshift rune: i hope you enjoy watching big booby alchemists solitaire you to death

I guess I am cancer incarnate because those are the first 3 decks I made.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
The fun thing about Forest is that it's entirely possible to die without knowing which list they were playing because they all run mostly the same cards.

e: and that pattern looks like it'll continue in the new expansion since White Wolf actually makes Silverbolt and even Rose Queen significantly more viable.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
I'll be streaming some more Shadowverse in like 10 minutes.

https://www.twitch.tv/golden_battler

Come hang out if you feel like it. I'll probably play some Take Two and maybe throw myself at A0 some more, no idea what deck I'll feel like playing though.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

Awesome! posted:

from watching people stream this game i have learned that cudgel is apparently a word that is difficult to pronounce like melee

How do you hear people saying it?

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

I guess I stole all the luck.

Cerberus is animated btw and that makes this the 7th Forte I've unpacked

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS posted:

i got all the pieces to finish dshift!:rms:

Welcome to the dark side.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

trucutru posted:

But those D-Shift assholes! They are the worst players because not even once I have seen them just win. They *have* to BM. Seems like it is a prerequisite to play the most boring, scumbag deck in the game.

Look at this scrub who can't even emote 12 times in a row :smug:

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
As an aside, in my experience while Elana is definitely strong, it is so incredibly weak to being teched against that it should never be that dominant in the meta. If they run Seraph things are a lot sketchier but you should probably be running 1x Odin in all late game decks anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

Dzhay posted:

Wait, how does PTP haven work?

Probably it would look something like this.

The basic idea centers around Hare of Illusions generating infinite shadows over time while stalling with Haven's usual assortment of controlling cards. It's like, probably not a good idea, but the idea is there.

• Locked thread