Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I am playing this game now. Apparently mtg instincts carry over enough for my t2 records to be pretty positive--spent all the free tickets the story gives and never did worse than 2-3, with the majority being 3-2 or 4-1. I built a budget (i.e. Merlin-less) D shift deck because spellboost speaks to me on a deep spiritual level, and will probably aggressively mulch poo poo for Daria and Merlin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Yukari posted:

You don't need either of those cards for dshift now. Dariashift is... a completely different deck than dshift, and Merlin's okay to use but a lot of builds have been using Freshman Lou instead.

Yeah I know Daria is a completely different deck, but it also looks fun so I want it. I'm playing Lou right now but there's one or two cards in the list I copied that feel kind of out of place and Merlin could easily slot in over them. The list has one rite of exorcism which is super mediocre and three blade mages which feels like too many. I'd rather play more cheap cantrips but I'm already maxed out on those so.

cheetah7071 fucked around with this message at 02:38 on May 21, 2017

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I will miss casting lightning blast in take two

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Yukari posted:

I'd also be okay with them making discard dragon cool. Rune, I have no idea what they can do to make that class fun. And when haven's good, it's not really all that fun to play against because it suffers from the dragon problem of "has infinity boardclears".

Assuming you mean fun to play as opposed to fun to play against, I can personally vouch for rune being fun even if it's bad for at least some players. All I really want to do is cast cantrips all day long and rune is there for me

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Anything that lets me pretend I'm playing UR delver but without actually having to play mtg is fine in my book

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Fauxtool posted:

what is the package of cards that makes daria its own archetype? I just opened her in a pack and she is obviously excellent on first glance

The list I'm running has Daria, Ogler, Blade Mage, and Witchette Emmylou as spellboost creatures, Craig, Wizard of Mysteria and Clarke, Arcane Scholar as enablers, and then everything else is Levi or a spell

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Based on my personal experience laddering (just hit A0), Daria is really really good in the low-tier meta and I'm astonished I haven't seen even one enemy Daria the entire time I've spent getting here. She might be bad in Master or whatever but semi-consistent turn 6 kills and turn 7 kills even with bad hands are really good against the meta I'm seeing here

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

BGrifter posted:

Daria is the same as always. The highest of high rolls, the lowest of low rolls. It just loses more of the games in the middle than before.

I wouldn't enjoy playing a deck that utterly shits the bed in 1/3rd of it's games, but to each their own. :shrug:

making GBS threads the bed 1/3 of the time has not been my experience with the deck

It's possible I'm just running hot but basically any hand with spellboost creatures has a fighting chance (at least in the tier I'm playing in)

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I desperately hope the answer isn't all of them

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
So far I haven't seen any cards that make me really excited to play with them. There's definitely some powerful cards, but none that make me want to build a deck for them day one

Of course this is all entirely subjective and I hope a lot of people other than me are excited by all the neutral synergy

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
If my knowledge of how mtg metagames develop is still applicable here, Carbosse will be played in aggro blood if aggro is a large part of the metagame, and will be ditched in favor of going faster if control dominates.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I just want a playable aggro rune card so I can play 39 good cards and 1 filler in Daria, instead of 36 good cards and 4 filler

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Got a Fafnir and an animated Angelic Snipe (plus a few other garbage animateds). Yay?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Please put soul dealer into every deck, I have yet to lose a game where my opponent played it

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I ditched D shift for Daria but that 3pp 6/6 might make me dust it off. It's definitely the only rune card that makes me want to play it even a little bit

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
No golds or legends, two animateds I don't care about

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Dias posted:

...is that like a 12 damage unless aoe check?

It's a "beat me before I cast this" check, like aegis or enhanced albert

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
voted for Daria and a bunch of garbage I don't care about

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I got rimewind, an animated silver, and an animated bronze

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Is arena the best use of gold? It seems like even if you suck and only get a couple wins, you still might as well do that as opposed to using it directly on packs.

Also, I opened a second Cerberus recently. I'm considering biting the bullet and picking up the prebuilt theme deck for a third one and slapping together one of the budget aggro shadow decks I've seen. Is that still a solid way to go?

If you want Standard cards or just want vials, take two is your best bet.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Unless I get one tomorrow, I will clear all forty free packs without any legendaries

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Awesome! posted:

today was my first brick day with zero legendaries. i dont feel bad now though. none from 35 packs is pretty lovely luck, sorry.

It's okay my initial set of packs (no rerolls) had seventeen legends (one animated), and when I opened 60 packs of Bahamut to go Daria hunting, I got eighteen legends, two animated, distributed well so I only had 2 total extras

I'm just reverting to the mean here

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Now when you take turn 5 off to not effect the board, you will only lose instead of be disappointed and then lose

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Levi is singlehandedly the reason I have a 70% winrate against blood as Daria

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Istvun posted:

I'm still pretty new, so I've mostly been playing take 2 and coming from a lot of magic, it seems both really easy to do well in and impossible to go infinite in because you need to average better than 4-1

Yeah as a fellow magic player (or former one at least) t2 is like, so many orders of magnitude easier than a real limited format that it hasn't been giving me trouble. Draft a curve, draft cards that affect the board, enjoy your 3-2

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Since limited is an afterthought in this game there's just a way higher density of unbeatable bombs than a game like magic and the lack of instants means there's no situations where you can really stem the bleeding

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Reroll on an android emulator so you have root access. You just have to delete one xml file to reroll, no need to redownload anything. If you have one you're unsure about you can even rename the xml file instead and it'll be good for 24 hours or something if you name it back.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
As an aggro player, anyone who complains about aegis is a big baby whiner imo

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Awesome! posted:

so what is everyone crafting first? i think im going for spawn of the abyss and snow white

Carbuncle of Mysteria, as my 4th or 5th attempt to find a card I'm happy with to fill out Daria after you play the 36 good cards.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
7 legends in 59 packs. Two of them were wizardess which is the one I wanted to mess around with most, even if she isn't the most powerful

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I don't know if I've found the right build yet but some deck that plays Daria and Heinlein together will be good.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'm trying to make the Heinlein control Daria deck work and I figured I'd put it up here to see if people think I'm missing something obvious. The Commence Experiment/Calamitous curse package is untested; I had Angelic Snipe+Fire Chain last night but both of those cards played really badly for me. The deck definitely can do some busted stuff but it needs work for sure.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Sefal posted:

People at work were playing this. Picked it up. did the tutorial. Got some decent cards i think?

Ancient Elf
Alice wonderland explorer
Soul Dealer
Sun oracle Pascale
Bloody Mary
2x Hulking Giant
Sahaquiel
Roland the incorruptible
Jabberwock
Dark Angel Olivia

I should do main story now right?
Where do i see what dailies i need to do?

Keep that for sure. It's a good quantity of legends, and some of them are quite good.

I'd just try to make a deck and play the solo story. Don't worry about dailies until you know how things work a bit more.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Neutral is basically the least fun possible deck archetype but heinlein is keeping me interested for now

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I wish this game had a Mark Rosewater to write tens of thousands of words about it so I could have some insight into why they possibly thought the neutral theme was fun

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'm officially done with this game until such time as I can go an evening and only see the neutral package a few times, instead of 80%+ of the time

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Awesome! posted:

see you in 3 months i guess

Yeah that's my expectation

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Keep that for sure

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I mean one person (me) told you to keep it and one said "decent, not great" so I don't think you can blame goon advice for your reroll hell

I still feel for you, I spent 5 hours rerolling in Fate Grand Order (before playing that game for one day and deciding I didn't like it)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Valicious posted:

I'm not sure what to do with this roll.

Fairy Dragon
Crystalia Tia
Carabosse, Wicked Fairy
Dark Angel Olivia

I'd reroll, but DAO gives me pause. I really like control combo decks , and I'd like to play one. What should I shoot for?

Only keep this if you're tired of rerolling. If you are, just play the game.

• Locked thread