Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
For the record, with a simple binomial distribution, expected # of legendaries in 30 packs is 3.75, standard deviation of 1.92.

p(5+ legendaries) = 32.2%
p(6+ legendaries) = 17%
p(7+ legendaries) = 8.4%
p(8+ legendaries) = 3.64%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
i really like how i magically transform from a 4-1 draft player to a 1-4 draft player the second the japanese players wake up

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
fun fact: i'm 5-5 in my last two drafts, having won every single game i went second and having lost every single game i went first in

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

Golden Battler posted:

Ok so uh

Is the file I'm looking for not supposed to be here?

obvious question: is your device rooted?

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
also d-shift is currently sitting pretty at like 35% aggregate winrate against aggro decks, including garuda i.e the single most popular deck in the game by a wild margin; the more likely explanation is that said streamer is just really good

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
most android file manager apps will not let you mess around with the phone's internal guts by default (you might explode your phone, and in any case most physical phones don't normally give you access to the files at all). it looks like the app you're using doesn't even bother displaying the files. if you can find the right switch to hit in the settings they'll show up; otherwise just download a root file manager app.

e: concrete advice: go to the Play Store, download Amaze File Manager, go to Settings, and flip the Root Explorer switch

Reiterpallasch fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Oct 29, 2016

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

Clarste posted:

I feel like rerolling all day is a good way to make you hate this game before you even play it.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
sword, blood, and haven all have aa/master meta decks that don't contain a single legendary card

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
in fact, why does the op specifically call out haven as not having a budget deck? you can fit a 100% functional garuda haven deck in 7000 vials. that's more than most of the op budget decks, but not that much more, and unlike those it'll carry you all the way up the rankings if you decide you like garuda haven

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
i understand that people like to herd around the new hotness in decks, but i'm entering my eighth game against the same banner swordcraft list and i want to die

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
twist ending: that last one was actually a control swordcraft list and i got my rear end handed to me

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
I'd say that this list from a Japanese site is a more "canonical" banner sword list. The gamepress.gg list uses Maid Leader and Conscription, which imo indicates terminal confusion about what your game plan is supposed to be.

e:

Tsurupettan posted:

can I just take the banner deck and replace something in it with Saber (and maybe Lucifer) and be good to go? I posted my legendary pulls above but I really dunno what to do with my cards. This game is fun as gently caress, though!

don't, aurelia is 99% of the time going to be worse than advent blader as your 5-drop (the situations in which she's better you're already losing badly in, and she won't turn it around), and the game should be over long before lucifer is relevant; the beauty of banner swords is that it's a complete master-viable list for like 4k

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
i don't advise super autistic ocd rerolling, but that's a pretty dreadful start--you should probably reroll on an android emulator and link the account with steam

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
Is it? The 1/1 2-drop early is an insane amount of tempo loss, and you're still running 3 floral as a plan-B for turn 4. Whenever I've played against people using the .gg list, I don't have any trouble grabbing board control away from them when they drop Maid Leader-Veteran Lancer on 2 and Fencer on 3 pretty much ends the game right there. But I play a fairly defensive sword list, so my experience might just be weird.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
That's not a horrible start honestly. It's not great but it's keepable

E: that was to the guy with two animated cars

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

Pancakius posted:

So something like buying another copy of Tia/Ancient and start building a forest deck?

Honestly, the game punishes you for going all in early on a single expensive deck, with endless WIN FIVE GAMES AS RUNECRAFT dailies. I'd advise people to start by building a cheapo banner sword list (use sage commander instead of awilda's command), do the elite practice AIs, open the packs from that, and see where they stand.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
For dealing with AI Erika, consider teching-- you usually won't get good mileage out of Ruthless Assassin, but wards and Angelic Barrage do well against her.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
Jesus loving Christ

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

inthesto posted:

So how long until people stop letting me do this to them, and what are the key anti-aggro cards in each faction that I should be watching out for

aggressive sword decks will work at any point in the ladder, but you will probably start having more trouble as you go up just because the decks that can wreck you are fairly expensive

- elf decks in general will try to drop ancient elf, which can be either either a T3 4/5 ward or a T4 6/7 ward, at which point your early game does a looney tunes dive off a cliff
- defensive sword decks will use early veteran lancers and try to trade with your guys, trying to set you up for a midgame that involves you topdecking individual 1/2s and them playing otohime
- face dragon is exactly like you, except all their guys dominate yours in trades

all three of those decks are fairly-to-extremely disadvantageous to you

Reiterpallasch fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Nov 1, 2016

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
yeah, though some of the story fights are actually pretty rough if you're just using a completely random pile of cards

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
rewards every 5 levels, primarily animated playsets of the basic cards that you can't pull from packs

it caps out at level 100 and the required xp doesn't scale up very much so you'll get there eventually anyway

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

AfroSquirrel posted:

I looked into it, and the general opinion is that the deck that can do it best (Runecraft) already has a gimmick 7/7 that's more reliable. I'd like to see one done, though!

that "gimmick" 7/7 is played by approximately 94% of all runecraft players soooo

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

trucutru posted:

Guys, I have a billion dragon missions and no dragon team or experience

Can anybody link me to a cheapo dragon deck for babbys?

forte is an auto-3x in every dragon list ever, but try using a face list and subbing forte out for that 4/4 common which gains storm if you have overflow; if you're below B rank you should do well enough and the deck has no golds/legendaries other than forte

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
some notes on the differences between those lists:

- people go back and forth on whether dragonnewt scholar is any good in face dragon, but you should drop it unless you have 3 already, just because it's gold and all its prospective replacements are silver/bronze
- if you do drop the scholar, you should also drop wildfang dragonnewt for obvious reasons; sandstorm dragon or dragonrider are the natural substitutes
- dance of death is not commonly played in face dragon primarily because you really really really want your 5-drop to be a discounted forte, but if you're not using forte you may want to find some space for dance instead

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
he's good on paper but rune just doesn't have any sort of coherent lategame control plan that doesn't just involve d-shift right now; he's definitely a card that could end up seeing use when the next expansion hits but not before

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
i'm not an expert in banner, but here goes:

it's primarily popular because it's cheap, and because it can flatten the haven decks which are ubiquitous especially in lower ranks (you out-race garuda, and generally deny elana enough breathing space to buff up until themis comes out, at which point you can fish for lethal off of storm followers). your biggest enemy is decks that can throw out early, sizable wards: defensive swordcrafts and any well-built forestcraft. face dragon can often outrace you.

- *extremely twitch.tv voice* always check for lethal
- know which matchups to hold dance of death for the wards
- mulligan for quickblade, oathless knight, and maid leader. banner if no maid and on the play, fencer if on the draw.
- dropping banner on turn 4 is usually the right move on the play vs. midrange decks; evo fencer is often better on the draw. watch out for aggro matchups where banner on 4 can slow you down too much to win the race
- if you're running the variant that only uses quickblader at 1-cost, remember that pompous princess doubles as removal against weakened enemy evolves

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
a lot of people deliberately tank their ranking until they have a strong collection. as you found out, doing "get 5 wins with XXXcraft!" dailies sucks if you don't have anything useful in that craft. it's even worse if you ride your one strong deck up to like AA0, because now your random dragoncraft pile is up against only netdecks

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
A version of the deck based around Royal Banner and damage out of hand with Storm minions has largely displaced it these days. Phoneposting but look for a deck called Banner Swordcraft or Ohata Royal.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
In case it's helpful for anyone: here's a list of all major archetypes commonly played at AA+, organized by a rough estimate of expense, with the expensive cards enumerated best as I can. Please note that all Haven lists have the option of running up to a full set of Moon al-Miraj in addition to the noted cards, but she appears to be fading fast from the metagame and is in no case mandatory.

poverty tier
Banner/Ohata Sword (3 Alwida)
Batspam Blood (3 Vania, 2 Vampiric Fortress)
Garuda Haven (3 Garuda, 2-3 Urd, 0-1 Themis)

1 playset tier
Face Dragon (3 Forte, 0/3 Dragonnewt Scholar)
Seraph Haven (2-3 Enshrined Seraph, 3 Elana, 3 Themis)
D-Shift Rune (2-3 Merlin, 3 D-Shift, 2-3 Fire Chain)
Aggro Shadow (3 Cerberus, 3 Phantom Howl, some variants run 3 Atomy + 3 Death's Breath but :laffo:)
Midrange Sword (3 Otohime, 0-1 Tsubaki, 3 Alwida)
Elana Haven (3-5 of Lucifer, Odin, Olivia to taste, 3 Elana, 3 Themis)

yikes tier
Control Blood (3 Bloody Mary, 2-3 Queen Vampire, and also like half the drat deck is golds)
Literally All Forest (3 Ancient Elf, 3 Tia, 3 Roach, 3 Liza, 6-9 other golds based on chosen win conditions)
Control Sword (10+ legendaries between Otohime, Aurelia, Tsubaki, Alexander, Olivia, 3 Frontguard General, 3 Leonidas)

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
idk about hearthstone, but "mill" in magic refers to burning cards off the top of the opponent's deck, in a generally futile attempt to win by the decking rule

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
shut up, brain freeze players, nobody likes you

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
it's worth noting i've barely played a game of magic since new netrunner came out

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
queen vampire, lord of the flies and to a lesser extent mary are great cards, but they're also primarily played in decks that cost like 96128 vials, so be aware of that

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
the op links to a defensive list based around path to purgatory; my gut instinct is that running ptp without ancient elf in an aggro-heavy metagame (i.e every rank below A) will be horrible, but it's an option

you can also build a fairly aggressive take on the deck with the standard tempo package and just count on cynthia to carry you through matches against bad decks; this is what i did before i had any legendaries and it kicked rear end at C, lemee dig up the list

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
disclaimer: this list is loving awful, but it was enough to rack up like 75% wins at rank c

3 Water Fairy
3 Elf Child May
3 Nature's Guidance
3 Fairy Circle
3 Fairy Whisperer
3 Elf Metallurgist (you almost certainly want blessed fairy dancer here if you have em)
2 Rhinoceroach (i only had 2)
3 Dwarf Perfumer (use elf girl liza instead if you have em)
3 Sylvan Justice
1 Angelic Barrage
3 Elven Princess Mage
1 Wind God (probably want more here???)
3 Dance of Death
2 Yuel the Ancient (great vs. aggro, i.e the entirety of the low rank meta)
1 Crystalia Tia (from my starting roll)
3 Elf Knight Cynthia (pulling 3 in like 3 days is why i built this deck)

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
come to think of it, that list is basically 5 broken legendaries away from the forest list i use today

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
forest (tia, liza, cynthia) and haven (seraph, garuda, themis) have a high density of useful legendaries/golds to chaff in the expansion; everyone else should buy standard packs iirc

Reiterpallasch fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Nov 7, 2016

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
i mean, i assumed he's not buying arena entries with his gold, considering that he asked about what pack to buy with his gold

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
with fortes you should be able to outrace all but the luckiest bat players; as a midrange sword player i don't feel like my matchup vs face dragon is particularly advantaged, but maybe i'm just bad

the real matchup i'd be worried about as face dragon is elana; face dragon has always felt to me like one of those decks that has a way harder time doing 25 damage than 20, if that makes any sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
jp pros regularily post seraph elana lists with 2x enstatued seraph and no moons; if you have some themis' decree/elana's prayer sitting around you could build the deck on the relative cheap

• Locked thread