Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
there's also a swordcraft gimmick to give both flame and glass ambush but that's not very good either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

always funny when they play two prayers but don't get a chance to heal

also flame juggernaut is cast for free while flame and glass don't do that, it's not even comparable

on that draft nothing stands out since yuel and elven princess mage are at worst a goliath which is fine. I think fairy champion is pretty awful and I think satan is really bad unless of course you had stone unplayables in the other pick. I've never seen satan turn a board around, when satan wins, the player is usually already in a winning position. The apocalypse deck is also really slow to take off without proper low drops to compliment the plays.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Nov 3, 2016

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

I got the amazing choice of choosing between forest, blood and rune and this was the first pick

I feel like i should retire already

titania's sanctuary + robin hood for sure

being able to evolve fairies for 0 points is actually a pretty big tempo swing on board

Not that titania's sanctuary is actually good, but it's way more likely to affect a game than silver bolt, and robin hood and fairy princess are pretty close.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Nov 3, 2016

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
sorry but Enstatued Seraph is #1 waifu for sure

face sword is nice and Alwida's Command is a good card to have as like your only significant rare because it goes into like every sword list

also Gabriel is a really strong neutral legendary for your random quest decks. Arguably the best neutral legendary when your decks are really bad.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Nov 3, 2016

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

ilifinicus posted:

I sharded an animated version of that and made a cerberus

fite me

Cerberus is cool and cute, but not waifu material.

I even like the English voice acting on Coco and Mimi.

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Focus on results and build a few decks you can learn inside out. Do your quests in Take Two or something.

Uh doing your class quests in take two is a good way to throw your rupies down the drain :homebrew:.

On the other hand ladder losses just mean larger win streaks when you switch to your best deck.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Nov 3, 2016

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
summon pegasus sucks and love's gospel is pretty garbage, I probably wouldn't be that happy with that deck honestly. you can get some broken draws but you are also likely to get draws that just can't grab board control

sometimes you just aren't offered a good curve :smith:

the main thing in take two is your deck is way more strongly affected by bad cards than good cards.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Nov 4, 2016

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
that web page is confusing :colbert: :blush:. I didn't realize the main page was just every card in haven

I also really don't like heretical inquiry or featherwyrm's descent and Elana's is a bit too inconsistent for my tastes.

inthesto posted:

I've been offered Lord of the Flies in all three of my drafts so far :pwn:

lord of the flies is pretty great but you have to have some options to adjust for it not always fixing your board with the fanfare bug insect

Also in Take Two I'd be happy to take Execute over Dance of the Dead (of course the real decider would be the card paired with either card) unless I were leaning aggressive. Having an out to Leonidas amulet or Polyphonic Roar is really nice.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Nov 4, 2016

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah the bug it fanfares.

Maybe I should have called it an insect :v:

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
drat i just got wrecked to 4-1 on a solid run with an average shadow deck. when your opponent has mist dragon and forte and your deck is removal light, the game is not going to look good

my pack had an animated lucifer though, so clearly the game acknowledges my efforts.

legoman727 posted:

Take Two just feels massively unbalanced towards Swordcraft. Every single loss I've had feels like it was completely out of my control because every single follower they can draft gets card advantage or board advantage on play and even if you do somehow cut through it they just drop Leonidas and end you.

sword is good at trading up and grabbing early momentum but they have to spend a lot more resources than some other classes (mostly looking at shadow and dragon here) to re-establish board control.

sure leonidas is always a thing that can come up but that means your deck just has to be able to turn the corner relatively quickly in the 2 turns it takes for him to come online, most other good late drops are that strong too if you don't put enough pressure on the opponent (looking at polyphonic roar, mordecai, olivia)

that said i've never gone worse than 3-2 with the worst sword decks imaginable so it's probably a little stronger than non-shadow classes.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Nov 4, 2016

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
leonidas ain't poo poo in take two :colbert:

luna is love, luna is life

Zoness fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Nov 4, 2016

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

trucutru posted:

It has to be the second case. Those are some serious decks. Specially that mid-range sword or whatever.

I started playing like 2 weeks ago and i'm like two awilda's away from a reasonable midrange sword deck.

My winrate is still nuts without those Awilda's.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
assault commander and swift infiltrator are easily the first two cards to go from that list, imo

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Nehru the Damaja posted:

That feeling when you first-pick Rose Queen and get offered like 2 more fairy-making cards the whole draft. Forest's gimmick is big unwieldy fuckin 6-8 drops, right? And what business does an A-rank sword with Tsubaki and Otohime have meeting me in the 2-2 anyway?

a lot of bad players pick sword too

the solution is to not pick forest to play around fairies, because a lot of the good fairy makers are not at common

or alternatively, to not pick forest.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
my experience playing midrange sword is that banner sword is the easiest matchup i get

i assume this is partly because the matchup is good and partly because there's a lot of bad banner players out there

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
i thought aggro vampy seemed easy, in the sense that you can just mulligan for vampys and fortresses and if you don't get those you can just hit concede :haw:

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Lord Ephraim posted:

Opened three packs that you get linking with a google play account and I got another Aurelia and Cerberus. I'm pretty sure my account is a keeper, no?

Also why is Bloodcraft have the most :japan: cards but the leader is some Castlevania Dracula knockoff?

on the other hand swordcraft's legendaries commanders are also pretty :japan:

basically everything that isn't a knight, i'd say

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
oh man I drafted this monstrosity of a deck:

the games were pretty close though

charon mvp, although mordecai won me the most topdeck wars

Zoness fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Nov 7, 2016

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
why buy standard packs when you win them in arena

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
moon can hit face though

it's just that she crowds the 6 drop slot along with garuda

Speaking from playing midrange sword the 6 drop I hate the most is Themis though. It shouldn't be good but it makes this dumb guessing game when I'm racing the haven player, plus it's like Haven's only way to kill Aurelia.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
the secret op card there is fire lizard

turn 2 plays against dragon are obnoxious because of that card, and fire lizard acts as a solid siegfried enabler, when siegfried is already one of the best cards to have against evo turns

also dragonewt fist is insane but dragonsong flute is on average quite bad, are my hot takes

there's no doubt that your top end is insane and filled iwth 2-for-1's but it's having a solid early-mid game that gets you there.

Lord Ephraim posted:

They really want me to play Sword. Just from 20 or so initial packs and buying ones from the gold you get from beating the elite AI I have 3x Otohime, 3x Aurelia, and one Alexander. I really wanted to play Blood or Shadow. Sword just doesn't have enough maid cards. :(

sword's leader is a maid with a sword what more do you want

Zoness fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Nov 8, 2016

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
5-0 with a disgusting shadowcraft deck that really glutted out the 3-drop slot, including 2 Necroelementalist, 1 Angelic Barrage, 1 Foul Tempest 4 Spartoi Soldiers and a Shield Angel. I went up against sword 4 times :unsmigghh: (I never fell behind on board).

Luna is the best.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

trucutru posted:

Still getting mostly dragon missions so my face dragon deck is climbing nicely. The "cannot be attacked" monsters are basically what screws my opponents, since at turn 4-5 they cannot just plop something down and evolve it to trade, and most of my opponents are not good enough to evolve their poo poo pre-emptively and thus my own drop into evolve can often do a clean 2 for 1. Bonus points if my evolved mon cannot be attacked either.

I wonder how far can I climb (by only doing missions) until I hit a road block. Better aggressive decks and decks with direct damage totally smoke my low stats cards.

I think you will hit a roadblock at

"By my blade, victory and prosperity are yours." "Featherblade, show your true power."

Which is a ways off, so keep going at it.

Also maybe tempo forest, since Tia makes a gigantic 6/6 ward and rhinoceroach kills very fast

how's your aggro vampy matchup?

Zoness fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Nov 8, 2016

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
i like my midrange sword matchup against most face decks, except storm haven that's running themis, but that might be on how I play.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
i got some garbage golds, please give me your surplus olivias

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
all right who's ready to puke at the most disgusting take two list :

well, I guess rousing step is a dud, maybe this isn't that disgusting

i played against a surprising number of elves this run, but they all had tia + ancient elf

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Lord Ephraim posted:

I feel like Take Two is an arms race of who can get their strong 4 point followers out or people who stall until Olivia and win. It seems really baised towards Blood or Sword when you can spam Florals or Bats. I draft 6 wards and don't draw a single one and die by turn 7.

If I don't care about the mode, can I just trade the tickets for packs and just use dailies for gold generation?

wards aren't very important and blood isn't very good in take two, imo. strong 4-drops are only part of the picture for how you gain board control.

Floral Fencer is probably the strongest 4 drop but she's far from unbeatable.

Like, Shadow and Haven are the classes with the best wards at common, and they don't really rely on wards to win in take two.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Nov 10, 2016

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

trucutru posted:

Oh, gently caress D-Shift, I am supposed to beat that poo poo with my aggro dragon deck. Like, I play that because It's fast (and I am poor) so let me twiddle my thumbs for half an hour while you play with your 9 cards. Yeah, I'll let you cycle your cards 4 times per turn, then wait for all the bullshit spells, while I sit here on top of this pile of salt.

Such a loving chore to play against. If at least I could interact with it in some way besides killing the random golem here and there.

I guess it's time to do some changes to put more damaging/faster cards in there because it usually ends with them a 1-3 hp. The problem is that "cannot be attacked mons" have lovely stats for the cost and D-Shift obviously doesn't give a flying gently caress about them. Otherwise I am steamrolling everything at D2.

I just beat a d-shift deck by putting a lot of pressure on him.

It helps that aurelia threatens a 2-turn kill with some quickbladers and he has to commit a lot of resources to take her down :smug:.

Cynic Jester posted:

Swords and Dragons are the two factions I've had the most success with in TakeTwo, and a large part of it is that they have the most reliable, efficient bodies at lower rarities. Drafting a viable control deck is sort of like finding a unicorn in your bathroom, so that the two most straightforward factions are the ones I consistently do well with isn't a big surprise to me. My only 5-0 with Haven for instance involved Olivia. Two of her. Not exactly a common occurrence.

I've 5-0'd with seraph winning at least two of those games.

I had to do some crazy navigation in my matches but it's doable.

Pure control isn't really doable with the card pool but playing a deck whose goal is to constantly pressure the board is the easiest way to do well.

My most consistent 5-0's are with Shadow, because Shadow contests the board very easily and can also turn the corner to killing the opponent very quickly. Charon and Commander of Destruction create board advantages that can't be easily taken away with just an evolution play from the opponent.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Nov 10, 2016

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
this is kind of a fun read:

https://shadowverse.gamepress.gg/node/3676

I like that dshift only has a positive winrate in one class matchup and only at master level

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
this was a perfectly fair and reasonable thing to do in take two:

this deck is actually absurdly poorly composed (angel crusher picked against keen enchantment + well of destiny :negative:) but given that it's a sword deck I can probably freeroll a few more wins

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Clarste posted:

I see a lot of hype for Cerberus, but it's never really impressed me when played against me. I guess there's a lot of flexibility in how you spread its value around, but everyone who plays it just shoots me in the face for 2 and accomplishes nothing.

she's never impressive on her own but the flexibility makes everything else really good

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
weird because at B0/B1 I only run into sword, fairy and aggro vampy, which are fun matchups to play

but when I was climbing out of C I ran into a lot of haven

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
well soul dealer is supposed to be a "safe way" to get into vengeance range but it's really not enough upside.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
to be fair it wouldn't be as bad if you didn't have to guess which haven deck you were up against for mulligans, it's like zoo and handlock all over again

Zoness fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Nov 13, 2016

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

trucutru posted:

Pfft. My banner sword deck doesn't have to guess. It is the same plan against everybody!

i like that the plan against midrange is "inevitably lose"

that has to be my most comfortable matchup now

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
every time I win with midrange sword, my opponent rage dc's

just save me the 30 seconds.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
yeah i mean, fairies are just bats but with better combos, and rhinoceroach is an insane finisher compared to i dunno name a card aggro vampy has

not to mention elf child may is like insane amounts of tempo advantage, and forest has liza for angelic barrage protection.

the main advantage that aggro vampy has over any forest list is reach, but that doesn't come up in this matchup, because a lot would have to go wrong for the forest player to lose board control by that large of a margin.

also fairy beast

Zoness fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Nov 15, 2016

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Lord Ephraim posted:

I'd play more Take Two (I really need Lord of the Flies) but every match my opponent topdecks Olivia and you lose due to a huge momentum swing.

Olivia is strong but she's really not that overwhelming

most 9-drops can take over a game in short order if your deck isn't prepared to face them

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

socialsecurity posted:

Talking about take-two not contructed where Olivia can rock your world.

me too

she's certainly the strongest 9-drop overall but not significantly more so than the other strong 9-drops

Zoness fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Nov 16, 2016

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

socialsecurity posted:

Guess I'm not in the right league but most of my take two games drag out to 9 at the least with both sides balancing each other.

Most of my take two games are almost clearly decided by turn 9, late game bombs notwithstanding. If you play a somewhat aggressive deck or a deck without a strong lategame plan, you have to be prepared to go for a win against a deck with a strong lategame by going wide and trying to hit their face before they stabilize. On the other hand if you've managed to keep a grip full of solid removal you can just weather out three evolutions.

If your opponent has kept ahead and sticks Olivia then you were probably losing anyway barring an insane topdeck v:shobon:v. The same idea applies to cards like leonidas or polyphonic.

That said given that Olivia is a neutral card she's probably a bit too strong in take two, especially compared to other neutrals, since going wide against some classes like Dragon is really risky, but it's pretty safe against Sword, and going wide is the best way to try to fight an Olivia.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Nov 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

trucutru posted:

So, what are the worst legendaries in the game? That dude on haven that's "Garuda, but shittier" is the one that jumps to me.

Skullfane, Rune Legendaries that aren't Merlin, and Soul Dealer come to mind.

Pluto also looks pretty mad mediocre outside of take two, and dragonsong flute :lol:.

• Locked thread