Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/20005894.html

According to this teaser, we got a new keyword coming, called Enhance.

When playing a card with Enhance, if you have at least as much PP as the Enhance number specified, the card now costs that amount, and the Enhance effect activates.

A couple of the more interesting cases translated:

Call of the Ice Prison (Neutral) - 5PP Spell
Destroy an enemy follower.
Enhance 8: Add a Servant of Darkness to your hand.

Purgatory Contract (Shadow) - 3PP Spell
Destroy an enemy follower with 4 defense or less.
Enhance 7: Summon a Pluto. It gains the destroyed follower's stats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Tornis is the only one I've seen that doesn't do any of these:

* Play obnoxious J-Pop songs for the majority of the stream.
* Use a bunch of anime GIFs all over their OBS scene.
* Have some sort of Bellringer Angel sound for when people follow/subscribe/donate.
* Unironically get super creepy about their card waifus.

He doesn't just play Shadowverse, but he plays quite a bit of it. I think he's currently taking a break from the game after reaching Master.

Outside of that, I enjoy the occasional Hafu, Reynad and Kripp sponsored streams.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

No Wave posted:

How hard is it to reach Master in Shadowverse vs Legend in HS?
What happens when a card is nerfed? Do you get full vial value?

Rank doesn't reset per season, (Although Masters all get set to 0 points within Master rank.) but it gets pretty grindy from A0 and beyond.

Whenever they nerf a card you can liquefy them for full vials just like in HS.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Yakiniku Teishoku posted:

In B rank I've just discovered the joy of having my face pushed in by Discard Dragon, Altered Fate for 14 face at once :f5:

Discard Dragon is a gimmick deck, with one of the lowest recorded win rates. You probably won't encounter that deck again (And lose to it.) any time soon.

I once lost to a Control Blood that managed to pull off a Flame and Glass when I had ran out of cards to kill them. It was the first and only time I ever saw the combined follower activate, and it was in AA2. Never before was the triple *gasp* emote as fitting on Arisa.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

In today's climb to AA3...

Heal Haven mirror matches are really dumb. We both had 2 cards left when they finally managed to kill me.

Pulling off a Seraph win against Banner is insanely rare to say the least. Oh so satisfying though.

This PTP Forest spammed the "Sorry" emote once they got me to 2 health and cycled their entire hand with Altered Fate. I proceeded to eat an Earth Sigil with Veteran Alchemist, and walled myself against their Roach combo with a couple of Guardian Golems. Turns out they only had one PTP in hand. :smug:

Midrange Sword plops down Otohime, evolves her and trades into my evolved Siegfried. They even saw me use Dragon Emissary, but I guess they didn't realize their mistake soon enough. I just attacked with Trinity Dragon, passed the turn so they couldn't free up room for Aurelia or Sage Commander and then finished them with Forte.

The road to Master is such a huge grind. I really want to reach it before the expansion hits though.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Got only one legendary out of the 13 packs. My third Odin. Really would have preferred a third Pascale in case she ever takes off in Earth Rite, or a second Seraph, or an Alexander. But oh well. Still have a 20 or daily deal chances until the expansion.

I did get an absurd amount of niche golds I didn't have from the Standard set though, and an animated Elana to spread cancer in style.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Nehru the Damaja posted:

This game's looking even better since the new Hearthstone expansion hosed up its rarity rates and screwed over anyone who opened their packs already. I opened 19 packs and I bet Blizz gives me loving nothing.

Meanwhile Shadowverse is all "oh hey one of our guys won a Magic event, here's some packs. v:shobon:v "

I heard that they're compensating people for the packs though.

Also, I could taste the salt:

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

trucutru posted:

It's a different approach. Shadowverse gives a lot of free packs but crystals are expensive (twice as expensive as heartstone packs) (...)

Packs being 8 cards instead of 5 more than offset that value difference though. (Especially when factoring in all the extra packs.)

That said I will never open a pack with crystals outside of daily deal, or use something other than tickets/rupies for arena entry.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

ZypherIM posted:

Figured I'd play some of this, the emulator in the first post was erroring on me when I tried to install, but I'm not a huge fan of tons of rerolling anyways. Pulled Cerberus, Gabriel, Alexander, Enshrined Seraph, Bloody Mary, Lord of the Flies x2, Zirnitra, and a Fafnir. Seems not terrible from what I can tell?

The solo story was decent, though maybe I should have opened cards before I played through it. Mostly ok, though some of the blood and haven fights were annoying. Basically if I got a crappy draw+mulligan it was a straight loss, then other fights I'd have a terrible draw and still stomp them. Runecraft in particular was pretty easy sailing most of the time (think I had 2 times of "no spells ever" that were crap), mostly because I could remove poo poo off the board without using evolves.

Overall decently fun, I'll probably check out some arena stuff and make a terrible deck and muck around.

Not a bad roll at all. You have a pretty good skeleton for Midrange Shadow with Cerberus, Gabriel and Lord of the Flies.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Lord Ephraim posted:

The new big card from the expansion is Bahamut, a 10 pp 13/13 follower that nukes everything on the board. Cannot attack face if there's two or more enemy followers on board.

Isn't there a Hearthstone card that does the exact same thing?

Deathwing is a 10 mana 12/12 that discards your hand and destroys the board.

It's a slightly different approach though, as it's both bigger (Relevant considering the lower health total.) and the way he destroys all amulets has beneficial implications if you're playing Haven. The attack limitation is also a clever way of allowing the opponent to actually stall if they have a couple of minions in hand.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Dzhay posted:

I charitably assume that disconnects are kids whose parents are calling them, or people who need to take a phone call or something. The alternative, that someone is too upset about doing badly at a pretend card game to quit in the right fashion, is pretty weird.

What I find a bit off is people who concede long before they're certain to lose. Seems unsporting.

I'd imagine they quit for two reasons:

1. In hopes that you'll get impatient with the timer and restart the game on Steam or switch to a different app while waiting on mobile. Both those things will result in a loss for you.

2. There's a difficult to pull off exploit where if they minimize the mobile app exactly as lethal is dealt to them, it confuses the game's disconnection detection and there's a chance you'll get the loss instead, even if you wait out the entire timer. It's really rare for it to work, as I've never had it happen in hundreds and hundreds of games, but there's been plenty of reports of it. Up in the AA ranks it's really common for players to try it, hoping to keep their score.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Don't try to argue with the staunch defenders of DShift. (Especially that particular poster that always comes running in with a wall of text.)

The entire match boils down to two questions. "Did your minions last long enough to attack?" and "Did Tits McGee draw into DShift in the first 3 or 4 turns?"

Y/N - Auto-Win.
Y/Y - Win if you can end it by turn 7-8.
N/N - Lose by turn 10+.
N/Y - Auto-Lose.

And then that guy writes an essay about how hoping the stuff you play lasts a single turn is interactivity.

The only interactivity is to mulligan for things they can't Solitaire away.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Clarste posted:

I honestly didn't realize that Alexander was used in any competitive decks. I've seen one exactly once in ranked play, and it felt more like a fluke than a refined deck. I'm only in A1 though, so maybe they're concentrated higher up on the ladder? Still seems to be ranked lower than midrange though.

That said, it's unclear to me if a gimmicky deck like Discard Dragon can get the same kind of value out of a late game board clear that Sword apparently can. I mean, Mythril Golem fills the same niche, but obviously that never sees play because that's not the kind of game Runecraft is playing. Unless... it does see play? I don't even know anymore.

Control Sword was never too popular even in AA-Master, and below AA a deck as expensive as that one is pretty much non-existent. That said, during the first few weeks where the upper ladder was infested with nothing but Tempo Forest and Storm Haven, with a sprinkle of Elana Haven and DShift, Control Sword was common enough. Alexander was and still is a staple in that deck, as it offers a pseudo-clear and allows Sword to stabilize.

Mythril Golem has never seen any play in any competitive deck that I'm aware of, even before DE. It's just too slow, and that late in the game, you can always use Fire Chain for the same effect for less than half the mana.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Outside of really obviously terrible legendaries, (Like Soul Dealer and Beast Dominator.) it's hard to tell what legendaries may fit into RoB decks.

Queen Vampire is played in Control Blood, and that deck may become favored in the RoB meta.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

In today's edition of Shafting the DShifter:

What's that, you need targets for your Solitaire? Nah, I think I'll just evolve and suicide minions into your Merlins while I wait to Exodia.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

nftyw posted:

The average one might not because they haven't run into amulet bs yet / haven't seen them checked off in the netdecks (mine has zero petrifications but I might add some later if I play more). Of course the poster hates dshift so much they will throw matches until they get a chance to run anti dshift, which is a bit petty but hey if you have the cards to build a counter for a popular control meta deck then go for it.

e: They have an earth sigil out? Maybe they do run it but didn't draw it, I don't play the game enough to know

This is in AA3, where there's something like 6 different DShift lists being played right now, and only two of those tech in Petrification. (My opponent definitely runs it, but they didn't draw it.)

Also while I do despise DShift, you're confusing me with the other poster that plays their Anti-DShift in Unranked. This deck is just Elana/Seraph Hybrid.

Basically, if I didn't have a Seraph in my starting hand, I'd have instead tried to abuse two Elana's Prayer to get minions big enough that they couldn't just zap instantly. It's an extremely unfavorable matchup.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Some new cards were revealed.

Sahaquiel
Neutral Legendary
7-Cost Follower
4/4 - 6/6
Fanfare: Place one neutral follower from your hand into play and give it Rush. At the end of the turn, return that follower to your hand.

Tangled Ivy
Forest Bronze
1-Cost Spell
Give an enemy follower -10/-0 until the end of the turn.
Enhance 5: Destroy it instead.

Fang Slayer
Sword Gold
8-Cost Follower (Officer)
3/8 - 5/10
Rush.
Bane.
Clash: Deal damage equal to the enemy follower's attack to the enemy leader.

Clark, Seeker of Mystery
Rune Silver
3-Cost Follower
2/3 - 4/5
Fanfare: Spellboost the followers in your hand twice.

Dragon Battle
Dragon Silver
5-Cost Spell
Gain an empty play point orb.
Draw 2 cards.
Restore 3 health to your leader.

Ghost Dog Grave Keeper
Shadow Bronze
2-Cost Follower
2/2 - 4/4
Fanfare: Your followers in play are now destroyed instead of banished.
Whenever one of your followers come into play, they are now destroyed instead of banished.

Veight, Vampire Prince
Blood Silver
3-Cost Follower
3/2 - 5/4
Ward
Clash: Summon a Forest Bat.

Celestial Court
Haven Gold
4-Cost Amulet
Countdown 3.
Fanfare: Destroy a random enemy follower.
Last Words: Destroy a random enemy follower.

To start things off, the Neutral card seems like it has some nice combo potential, but it's hard to tell how viable it will be.

The Forest card is going to allow them even more favorable trades early, but they might have a hard time making room for it. As for the Sword card, it's really slow but it works as removal and extra reach, so it wouldn't surprise me if Control played one copy. I could see the Rune card being thrown into some of the DShift variants that run Witchette Emmylou alongside Flame Destroyer, but I don't think there's any chance stuff like Lightning Shooter will start seeing play because of it. Dragon gets a card which I expect every Midrange and Ramp deck will experiment with. Now onto Shadow, that card will definitely help even out the Shadow vs. Haven matchup, so if Haven is still dominant in RoB, expect to see 3 of these in every Shadow deck. Blood gets Vania's brother, and he provides good Forest Bat synergy, so I can see it making it into both Aggro and some of the more bat-centric Control lists. The Haven card is a really interesting twist on Death Sentence, which sees occasional play in some Satan and Seraph decks.

Ruby Prism fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Dec 9, 2016

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Well that's a relief. The card is still really strong, but now it won't punish big followers that much.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

That card will probably never see play in Face Dragon actually. One of the reasons Dragonewt Scholar, Trinity Dragon and Deathmist Dragon are so strong is that when evolved they are out of range of Blackened Scripture, Priest of the Cudgel, Crimson Sorcery, Dragon Warrior etc, and aren't susceptible to Elf Child May, Fire Lizard and Angelic Barrage when unevolved. And the turn 7 play is just a weaker Forte.

Also, was watching a SV community tournament and this just happened: https://clips.twitch.tv/luisthepanda/HappyCockroachWutFace

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Mr. Whale posted:

I think it's much better on turn 7 than 3 honestly. 1 health is pretty vulnerable to a lot of cards but if you evolve this on turn 7, it's a 6/5 storm that can't be attacked. It's much harder to kill than forte; you would have to use hard removal like dance of death.

The turn 3 play is atrocious, but that's precisely why it's awful. It turns it into a 7-mana Forte with 1 less attack.

Forte can and often does come out on turn 5 due to Dragon Emissary, followed by another one on turn 6. Being harder to kill doesn't factor in often, as generally you use Forte for the damage and don't really care if she dies.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Clarste posted:

It's a card you add for consistency. It's worse than a Trinity Dragon, and also worse than Forte, but it makes you twice as likely to draw either of them when you need them. I've lost tons of games just from not having my last Forte on turn 7.

And it also adds a brick draw early. As you're much happier getting an Ironscale or Sieg turn 3-4 than a Trinity Dragon that dies to Elf Child May. So it reduces consistency up until turn 7.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Finally. The grind is over!
...and the grind for the animated Olivia and rupies begins! Maybe. Probably not.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

inthesto posted:

Say, how does necromancy interact with PTP anyway? If you burn shadows on necromancy, are they gone for the purposes of PTP or does PTP simply check your discard pile?

It's the same resource, so Necromancy will in fact tamper with PTP.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

ZiegeDame posted:

That feeling when you get hit for exactly lethal with Seraph Lapis on board, while two turns prior you used healing prayer at 18.

Even better when it's from a Roach combo on an empty board! :shepicide:

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

The only standout forest card remains their legendary that will make silverbolt/rose queen decks better.

Maahes is an insane card, and I expect to see it played in any Midrange style Forest.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Don't mind me, just staring at my completely average hand.

(And then on turn 10 I drew my Rise of the Dead, getting my Olivia back. Take Two can get hilarious.)

Ruby Prism fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Dec 20, 2016

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

1 Aurelia in a Banner list isn't that strange honestly. It's teched in to help against mirrors and other swarm decks. It makes it so Maid Leader won't 100% tutor your Banner, but it tends to buy you time even when that happens.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

15 free packs + 33 packs from what I had saved up got me only 3 legendaries: witch, doggy and creepy statue. I did get a full animated pack and a bunch of golds, but can't say I'm too happy with my luck.

I'll probably end up crafting another Daria or two and trying out the spellboost follower deck. Then again, the White Wolf would be a pretty easy fit since I have all of the staple Forest cards already for my other decks, including two animated Silver Bolts.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

So my first batch of packs - 15 freebies and 33 from the rupies I had saved up - were pretty weak. Other than a full animated pack I only got 3 legendaries out of the bunch: Daria, White Wolf and Eidolon.

Then last night while watching Envy's stream on my tablet, I saw people mentioning the Private Match quest and promptly went back and forth between the Twitch app and Shadowverse, racking up those quests with Suicide Blood until I had my 2k rupies. I went to open some more packs and...

...all is forgiven. :stare:

So now I have three doggies for my Silver Bolt combo deck and a couple of Nephs to try out on Shadow. I ended up crafting a second Daria for the hilarious follower-based Tempo Rune, which still lets me save up enough vials to craft 3 more of whatever legendary. Probably going to be Albert, since he's broken as hell, but we'll see.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

No Wave posted:

For some reason I'm kind of pessimistic about sword right now. Daria rune seems like it would run all over it. Maybe I just got unlucky the first two times I faced it (t5 and t6 darias)

I have high hopes for silver wolf roach but we'll see what it takes to keep up with daria rune consistently and if Tia and Elf will be enough to hold out without getting run over. It has to be better than PtP imo.

If Daria Rune becomes prevalent, I wouldn't be worried about Forest or Sword.

Forest still has Will of the Forest, which can handle the non-Ogler boards really well. A good early Ancient Elf is still bonkers, and they can run Maahes as well, for the AoE tied to a decent ward.

Sword might be forced to focus on Control. Tech in Cyclone Blade, switch out Novice Trooper (Which in Control Sword is almost always used as removal instead of face damage.) for Blitz Lancer. White Paladin, Floral Fencer, and the Amelia/Gelt combo will help them stall until turn 7 for Frontguard General, at which point they can stabilize. If Control Sword is capable of dragging the game out that long, Alexander will handle most Daria boards too.

Ruby Prism fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Dec 29, 2016

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Insert maniacal cackling here. The combo is as ridiculous as I thought it would be!

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Super No Vacancy posted:

when do the idolmaster sleeves drop

They came in a while ago. You have do some shenanigans by switching your game to Japanese and replacing some files.

(Aaand beaten!)

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Awesome! posted:

as if we needed a reminder of why you never destroy your entire collection, soulek is playing the game again lol.

The only time I tuned to his stream it was I think early DE. He lost a game to Haven, then proceeded to go into his collection and liquefy every single Haven card out of spite. So I guess this is a common thing for him.

Guy needs some anger management therapy.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

trucutru posted:

There are even aggro-control blood decks that somehow manage to draw 100% aggro on the first 4 turns then 100% control on the next five.

My Midrange Blood deck is guilty of doing this, and rarely bricks draws. Once I've mooched off some more Master points I'll share the code. It handles Aggro Blood and Daria Rune really well, while still having the ability to run down DShift, Elana's and Ramp Dragon.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Oh what's that? Your entire board of spellboosted followers is dead and I healed from 9 to 18 in 2 turns? :smug:

Neph is pretty decent in a grinder deck. My twist on it hasn't lost to Roach Forest at all, and has a really good win rate against Daria Rune and Ramp Dragon, which are all very common at ~1k Master. Aggro Blood is impossible to beat reliably, as you only get to heal on turn 7.

It's a really fun deck to play too, but it's insanely passive, and only builds momentum to deal damage around turn 6 the earliest, but usually turn 8-9. The obvious issue is that DShift and Seraph both eat its lunch, and so if the deck ever becomes prevalent, people will just play those two for free wins.

Ruby Prism fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Jan 6, 2017

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Clarste posted:

Maybe this is me having a weird reaction to randomness, but I hate the very thought of a dud Nep. IE: 5/5 with ward + draw a card, or deal 1 damage to an enemy board that doesn't care, or anything that doesn't summon Mordecai really. I mean, if you don't know what you're getting when you play it, it's never actually going to be your best play on turn 8. I don't want to gamble with victory, so I made my deck with exactly four cost tiers of followers, and the 7 and 8 slots are reserved for Khawy and Mordecai. So at the very least I can guarantee those 2 effects, 100% of the time. The lower two tiers, 2 and 4, are filled with generally good followers, regardless of whether or not they have Last Word effects or Last Word synergy. If that happens it's a bonus, but I would never rely on it.

I don't know if that's a good plan or not, but that's my Nep philosophy.

After iterating on the Neph deck a bit, I set everything into 2-cost, 6, 7 and 8 tiers for the same consistency you're talking about, 6 being Balor, 7 Khawy and 8 Morde. It's coming along nicely now.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Clarste posted:

...How do you survive?

Massive amount of spell removal. My 2-cost stuff is essentially just turtling.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

trucutru posted:

Yeah, so how do you survive? Say you face roach forest, what the hell can you do?

Roach Forest isn't really the issue. Constant unrelenting pressure from turn 1 from Aggro Blood on one end, and decks that punish grinders like Seraph and DShift are what really stomp it. Banishes as expected still ruin Shadow, so I'm considering replacing Unica with Sexton.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

trucutru posted:

This is part of what roach forest does. The only difference is that they only need to do around 6 damage by turn 4 before they kill you in turns 6.

Roach Forest is a combo deck through and through. The chip damage in the first few turns is just setup while they're getting their Goblin Mages/Feenas to tutor their Roaches. Aggro Blood will be doing non-negligible damage to you every turn, easily bypassing wards. Forest can flood as well as Blood can, but they actually need to keep some of their fairies in hand.

I'm not saying Roach Forest can't be a problem, but in all games I've played against them save one, I easily stabilized by turn 6 with a Death's Breath on an empty board.

Ruby Prism fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Jan 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

I'm seriously considering dropping Balor for good. He's a dead card most of the time, sitting in my hand way past turn 6, and the worst part: When Neph pulls him, if he's ordered first, he tends to kill a damaged high attack minion before Khawy's Last Words. It doesn't help that the guy is so beefy that the best way to trigger the board clear is to use Soul Conversion on him, when I'd usually much rather use it on Khawy. This would also free up another cost tier, and Spartoi Soldier would help stall against the faster decks, while also making turn 6 Death's Breath more reliable.

Here's some highlights against various flavors of aggro. (And Roach Forest.)

This is what has happened in most of my games against Roach Forest. That said, if I brick my early game, and they get a gigantic Ancient Elf turn 4 for free it's pretty much over.

I held on to that Death's Breath the entire game, taking way more damage than I would otherwise, just to prevent a turn 9 Albert stealing the game. Ended up not even needing the drat thing.

Then sometimes you get all your cheap removal and wards against Aggro Blood, and hilarity ensues.

Ruby Prism fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Jan 7, 2017

• Locked thread