Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Any tips for Take Two? I was infinite/near infinite in Hearthstone but right now I'm 2-8. I feel like Sword and Forest probably have the most going on at common but not sure if that's accurate. Went 0-5 when I had the choice of Dragon, Shadow, and Haven. I went with Dragon thinking that they're all pretty synergy-dependent but at least having Huge Dudes is like a built in form of card advantage. Got my poo poo stomped 5 straight games.

It seems like Swords is the class of choice based on what I've faced so far. Lacking that, I'd go Haven, then Forest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

I really like Kaguya. Cost-effective statwise (6 for 5/6), and punishes your opponent hard for killing her.

I didn't try rerolling but going through the Haven story and some Take Two, this is where I stand Legendary-wise:

Rune: Sun Oracle Pascale
Sword: Tsubaki
Haven: Skullfane, Jeanne d'Arc, Enstatued Seraph
Blood: Beast Dominator, Queen Vampire
Neutral: Dark Angel Olivia, Prince of Darkness
Dragon: Fafnir

I like both Forest and Haven styles, but it looks like RNG has decided that Haven is the one for me. I also drew three Elana's so Elana-Seraph is going to be my Ranked deck.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Is Titania Forestcraft a thing? Fairy Suicide Squad is even more fun when you can make one hit for 3 each turn.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

I'm not sure if there's any functionality for Friends in the game yet, but should we start compiling IDs in the OP anyways? Mine is 591 812 724.

Pretty consistently pulling Legendaries rocks. I got a second Skullfane who I melted down to make a pair of Themis' Decrees my deck was missing.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

My bud turned me on to this for a bit of that CCG kick. I read the OP and see that rerolling to get cool cards is a thing but I'm a lazy bastard and went straight to Steam already oops.

What I did get from my burst of card packs though:

2x Tsubaki
1x Alexander
1x Lucifer
1x Mythril Golem

The Mythril Golem seems lackluster I think but I see Tsubaki and Alexander are good draws for a Swordcraft deck perhaps. There's something familiar and stressing all at once about the complete feeling of overwhelming when diving into a new CCG.

Sword is pretty easy to make an aggro deck with, and in that deck Tsubaki is invaluable removal. You really want to hope for an Olivia soon though, since she changes the game if a match lasts long.

EDIT: Also wow turn on 60 FPS on Steam if you haven't already!

AfroSquirrel fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Nov 2, 2016

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

milward posted:

I need some help with Ranked/What to do.

I have some parts of an Elana (swapping Oding for Statue) but I miss some cards, among those 2 of Elanas prayer and all of the Decree so it is not very good.

I am running the solo maps and doing the dailies for now, doing take two when I have tickets and the occasional ranked for more packs/rupies.

Should I make some budget deck first so I can get somewhere in the ranks?

You need at least two Elanas; you can get away without the third early on if you make it up in searchers.

Themis is really, really important though. None of your other removal is as cost-effective or as immediate. If you use extra banishers in place of Themis, you'll always be ready for big monsters but aggro decks will just overwhelm you.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Just unlocked Harnessed Glass. I assume there isn't really any reliable way to get Flame and Glass online, right? Other than like cramming otherwise dead cards into a Dimension Shift deck.

I looked into it, and the general opinion is that the deck that can do it best (Runecraft) already has a gimmick 7/7 that's more reliable. I'd like to see one done, though!

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Cuntellectual posted:

One of my friends dragged me into playing this, why is the tutorial so long, why does it not use steam to directly invite people and why do so many cards not seem to describe what they do? :iiam:

anyways do any of the decks play like black/red or black/white?

You can skip the entire tutorial by clicking skip in the top right. On cards, you can click bolded text for descriptions of what it does/what kind of token it makes/etc.

Swordcraft is the goto quick aggro, Dragoncraft is the make-big-things-fast (so more like green really), Bloodcraft is probably closest to what you want (aggro, health as a resource, anime vampires).

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Okay cool that's what I did after someone mentioned the Banner Deck, although I'd also put Alexander it I'll take him back out for that 3rd Alwida's Command. Cheers friends, I think this is definitely a solid deck for a first step.

Also I'm pretty sure the answer is going to be an overwhelming majority but I'll ask anyways: How stupid would it be to buy the nifty Mordecai Leader for Shadowcraft? That's like 5 card packs worth of rupies but I also have me a good budget shadow deck and skull man seems super cool.

I bought Forte for Dragons and it was worth it to spam the "Excuuuuuuse the indecorum" emote whenever hitting their face.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Cuntellectual posted:

I don't see the point of the bottom left spellboost indicator then, if it only affects cards in your hands and they dynamically update their values.

As for forced discard, either way, really. I liked Mill (even if it sucks) and Madness decks.

Dragons have a mill-from-hand mechanic, but nothing from the deck. And I don't think they have a way to revive what they've milled, it's just 'discard lowest cost card in hand to do a thing/draw 2+'.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Dragoncraft has been giving me heaps of trouble regardless of who I play as. It seems like a really solid strategy to be busting out 8/8 base units by turn six and I'm just not really sure what the counterplay is

Removal. For Sword/Shadow, there's Bane. For Haven, you can banish them (sometimes you need to hit them once first). Forest can bounce things back to their hand. Not sure about the rest.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS posted:

yo goons just starting out, took the reroll tips and this is my latest reroll, is it worth keeping?

Alexander
Lucifer
Odin
Dark Angel Olivia x2

i think it is because all these cards are listed a top tier on the list...

Yes, aside from the first you will want the rest in any deck you make for a long time. If you also post golds we can recommend specific decks to try besides Banner Sword.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

I think you could put together something Forestcraft with Liza, Cynthia, and the Petal Fencers. Make fairies, make fairies Fencers, and just keep throwing them at the enemy while bouncing/locking their stuff down.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

sounds perfect, i cant wait to be a fairy god mother:toot:

what sort of list should we be building to for forestcraft?

This looks like a good model: https://shadowverse.gamepress.gg/deck/jcg-open-vol26-1st-place-tempo-forestcraft

In the absence of Legendaries and Golds, I'd go for cards like Pixie Mischief that give you more counterplay against big things or Yuel the Ancient to deal with aggro. Looking at card lists, seeing what's highly-rated, and looking for synergy is a good starting point: https://shadowverse.gamepress.gg/cards/forestcraft

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

after getting my bonus packs today i was able to make the aggro bat deck and it feels cheap and dirty. no legends and at my bottom feeder rank it feel unfair against other people.

Aggro Bat is fun and mirror matches are hilarious races to death. I won one when my opponent thought she had exactly enough for fatal by evolving an Imp Lancer, but I had a Mini Soul Devil and her effect left me with 1HP and fatal on my turn.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

I just got my first 5-0 (FINALLY) playing Runecraft of all things. MVP goes to the fire mage card that does one damage to everyone when casting a spell (three copies drafted) and plenty of removal.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

inthesto posted:

I'm trying to decide whether I should build an aggro blood deck since I already have one copy of Vania and I like playing aggro anyway, or if I should save up the vials to build midrange sword which is a stupidly strong deck but requires like seven legendaries I don't have yet and I already play banner sword anyway.

Aggro blood is dirt cheap, and win or lose games happen fast. Besides, rotating between Crafts is much more fun than just doing different flavors of one.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Getsuya posted:

My rerolling is going pretty crappy. The current mix given to newbies is 10 standard packs and 25 expansion, so I suppose that might skew my class choice toward stuff that has a lot of good expansion Legendaries. Still, I've been getting a lot of 4-5 Legendary rolls with maybe 1 of those being top-tier.

This last pull was bizarre, though. 3 Olivias (1 animated), a Satan and a dragonflute thing. I saved it for now mostly because I have to be off to work, but I'm probably going to keep rerolling to get something more class-based.

Might be worth using that last one, since animated cards can get turned into 3x the amount of vials as normal.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

What's the best way to cap card animations? I can show off my swanky D-Shift.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

trucutru posted:

Well, Elana is supposed to be weak to aggro so my guess is that your deck is not fast enough? Around what turn do your matches usually end?

I'm pretty sure it's the polar opposite of this. Elana deals with aggro because it can heal back early damage; it's control that causes problems. For me, the worst matchup tends to be Spellboost Runecraft.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

At what rank does Storm Haven stop being a free win generator? I'm getting 8-9 win streaks at B1, with half my losses being to mirror match.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Awesome! posted:

thats not too bad

flutes and skullfane are disenchants
Nooooooooooooooooooooo

Flute deck is hilarious when it works and you can throw an endless stream of cheap dragons at face.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Legends:
Cerberus
Queen Vampire

Golds:
Rhinoceroach
Front Lines
Furiae
Elf Girl Liza
Winged Sentinel Garuda (x2)
Kaguya
Dracomancer's Rites

Plenty of animated Bronze/Silver, and surplus turned into 1350 vials. Not bad.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Is Merlin necessary for Dshift, and if so how many copies? I want to try play solitaire.

Earth Sigil Runecraft continues to be my best pick for Take Two.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Archer is an amazing card for trolling Sword/Dragon. I just has a game with that golden moment where my opponent played two Fortes and I dropped an Archer and a May. At least they didn't rage-D/C, but it was an immediate concede.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

This game insists I play Runecraft with three Pascals and two Darias, so I will make a goofy hybrid deck.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Clarste posted:

...I don't think it was a good deck.

But that was obvious from the fact that it was Runecraft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Gabriel exists so that you can pick her in Take Two. Otherwise, she's a decent filler drop for someone just starting to play.

• Locked thread