Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
Going to do some rerolling tonight. What faction makes the best aggro decks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Really dumb question: if you get a pack in a crate, do you have to go open said pack? If so, where do I find them?

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Crystals Tia, Cerberus, Odin, Sun Oracle Pascale... Probably a reroll, yes?

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

I don't feel like rooting just to save rolls.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Pulled 6 legendaries on this reroll, not one s-tier.

Lucifer
Sun Oracle Pascale
Jeanne d'Arc
Alexander
Beast Dominator
Prince of Darkness

Starting to wish I'd stayed with my first roll!

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

It's okay buddy hang in there, we're here for you

Thanks, friend. How about this roll?

Ancient Elf
Merlin
Sun Oracle
Skull game
Dragonsong Flute
Crystalia Tia
Lord of the Flies
Pluto

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

I really like aggro decks, I'm guessing the forestcraft cards I pulled will be better towards that end, or at least a little more tempo oriented than those shadow cards.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

I like midrange as well. I do like the idea of liquefying skullfane to make an aggro deck though.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Just started getting into this game about a month ago and then went off the grid until the other day. Anything significant happen in that time?

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

cheetah7071 posted:

Someone in the general chat thread just got into this and wanted some starting advice.

First off, if you're reasonably convinced you'll be interested to play this long-term, consider rerolling. The easiest way to do this is on an android emulator with macros, because you can reset your account without having to redownload all the data every time. What you're looking for is a decent number of high-quality legendary cards from more recent sets (mostly just excluding Wonderland Dreams because it's rotating out soonish).

Do not reroll if you have a low tolerance for tedium or if you aren't reasonably convinced you might play long term. It just isn't worth it.

Past that, try to play the first 8-9 or so chapters of each hero's storyline (up until they enter the Nexus). This will give you a decent feel for which classes you like and dislike. If there's any classes you particularly dislike, one easy way to break into getting a good deck is to vial every single card of the classes you don't like.

Right now the cheapest good deck is Holy Lion Havencraft (list), which only plays one legendary card which isn't even very essential to the deck. Once you've gotten a feel for what deck you want to try to play, just work towards that--as a beginner, both ranked and unranked modes will be pretty soft, with unranked in particular having many people playing completely untuned decks (what I like to call the "dragoncraft cards I own" style decks). You can get a bunch of rewards by doing private matches (this discord is a great way to arrange private matches with strangers), by playing take two with the tickets you get from story mode, or by doing the harder chapters of story mode. Honestly, you basically can't go wrong just playing--the way rewards are structured, you get something for the first few times you do just about anything.

Well seems like this thread is dying but I just picked this game back up and this was really helpful. Thanks! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

trucutru posted:

Oh, it has been pretty dead for a while. The current expansion was complete rear end and it could be felt from day 1 as I helpfully mentioned a few months ago by saying that "it sucks balls".

In general, the approach the developers have take for the game has reduced counter-play enormously and game have devolved into a race to deploy your finishers that doesn't care much about what the opponent is doing. Hopefully the next expansion will do something for the game, but I am not too hopeful.

But it's good to hear you picked the game again, I hope you enjoy it.

What's your CCG of choice these days?

• Locked thread