Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This is a popularity contest survey on who will outperform this debate
Strictly Come Dancing :q: Edwardenholm M. "Ed" Balls, First of His Name, Supernova Dance Star and Ex-Shadow Chancellor
Drone Murderess, Iron Abuela the Dread Queen Empress Hilda Tilton, First of Her Name, Colonial Adminstrator of Americore Asteroid Mining
Real Est8 Magn8 Gaivs Conaldvs Magamicvs Tarvmpvs, First of His Name Bigly, The Golden One, Legio XXX Redneckvs Cohorts: "Carpe Pvssy!"
William H. "Bill" Mitchell, Seventh of His Name, Expert Pollster and Twitter Slayer of Bots, Bumblebee enthusiast and Ma-Ti reincarnated
View Results

• Locked thread
Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

he is in fact a very good guy he just appears to think something strange in this one situation

also WHOOPS i meant that post to go in the trump thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Coolguye posted:

he is in fact a very good guy he just appears to think something strange in this one situation

also WHOOPS i meant that post to go in the trump thread

That person is not your friend, they're a loving police report waiting to happen. You're going to find them calling on you to let them crash on your couch for a day or two, then find out they just stayed for a week while drinking your booze, eating your food, and left while you were at work with half the poo poo in your living room which you'll later have to recover from pawn shops all over town. Sever.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
I missed the debate. what piece of furniture did Trump bang this time?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

I missed the debate. what piece of furniture did Trump bang this time?

stove

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
so how bad was it?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Jose posted:

so how bad was it?

depends on who it's supposed to be bad for.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Jose posted:

so how bad was it?

"stop he's (Trump) already dead" x 1010

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Jose posted:

so how bad was it?
Horrible, both the candidates came off as deluded crooks.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Jose posted:

so how bad was it?

https://twitter.com/ariannahuff/status/788925262192836609
https://twitter.com/annabreslaw/status/788925319952687106
https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/788933918049259520
:getin:

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Doorknob Slobber posted:

Ted Cruz is bad, but is he really Donald Trump bad?

YES

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Nonsense posted:

Planet Earth II is gonna be great.

the orchestrator for that is my composition teacher, she's cool

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I felt like Trump repeated himself more in this debate than ever before. If you cut out all the times he repeated himself I wonder how much that would reduce his speaking time?

edit: imagine if you cut out every time he repeated things he said in previous debates too. I'm not talking about things he paraphrased, but things he said word for word the same. He would have barely spoken at all in the third debate.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
No

Lathespin.gif
May 19, 2005
Pillbug

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Clinton v Kasich 2020: Who is the real racist?

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Zyla posted:

Friendly reminder that Paris Hilton grew her inherited wealth at 5 times the rate and 3 times faster than Donald Trump

lol it ftrue

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Zyla posted:

Friendly reminder that Paris Hilton grew her inherited wealth at 5 times the rate and 3 times faster than Donald Trump

yo thanks for making me almost choke haha

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Zyla posted:

she plays the personal brand game v well

also great taste in media

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Kit Walker posted:

Need me a Nasty Woman tag. God I'm so glad the debates are finally loving over. All hail Dread Abuela, Ice Queen of Infinity

seconded

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Samurai Sanders posted:

I felt like Trump repeated himself more in this debate than ever before. If you cut out all the times he repeated himself I wonder how much that would reduce his speaking time?

edit: imagine if you cut out every time he repeated things he said in previous debates too. I'm not talking about things he paraphrased, but things he said word for word the same. He would have barely spoken at all in the third debate.

trump rlly cant fit that many talking points into his head, he has whatwver he's internalized from watching cable news, but beyond that, any other prep fails him

maybe bannon could have just recorded a cable news program tailored just for him with all the relevant points and beamed it directly into his skull

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Can't wait for Paris Hilton 2020

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Zas posted:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Trump actually has more moderate opinions than the other clowns

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

jBrereton posted:

Horrible, both the candidates came off as deluded crooks.

I'm sorry your candidate lost

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Would play Super Smash Bros on that

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Zas posted:

she plays the personal brand game v well

Also I've heard she's actually a legitimately nice person most of the time, whereas Trump spent every debate half a step away from rage-choking his opponent or threatening to rape her on camera.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

gently caress I googled 'nasty woman' at work and uh

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Dubstep Jesus posted:

thats a weird way of calling it the must-see television event of the year

First debate was awful.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes
epsisode rating ranking for debates is definitely 3rd/1st/2nd

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

chitoryu12 posted:

Also I've heard she's actually a legitimately nice person most of the time, whereas Trump spent every debate half a step away from rage-choking his opponent or threatening to rape her on camera.

lol i looked it up, apparently there are rumors that her hobby is restoring vintage radios in her spare time. is it true? who knows, her publicist denies it. in any case, its already rehabilitating her image in my head: it suggests that their is a deep inner life within her mind, that she needs to guard for whatever reason. like what people were saying about trump in the middle of the primaries, that he had a deep well of intelligence and insight beneath the bluster, before he continued to spout off and torpedo all doubts that he was a complete loving diot

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Yeah, Trump was getting really frustrated last night and you could tell on some level that he knows he hosed up big. He didn't make a very big showing at either of the first two debates and his attacks this time were sad attempts to get under Clinton's skin, and she knew it. She upped the ante on her behalf -- calling him a Russian puppet really rattled him -- and that 'I'll keep you in suspense' line is probably what will finally be the one thing that people take away from his run. Clinton is running for president, and Trump is running for another season of his show that Arnold has taken over.

Trump had a lot to lose going into this debate. Nobody expected him to do well, and even his sad tactics of inviting people to shake Clinton show a lack of ingenuity on his part. He could have done more by simply behaving himself than trying to goad Clinton into....well, flipping out? Losing her cool? If Trump's goal was to showcase how reactionary Hillary is, he failed so hard that he probably handed her the election on that alone. But he couldn't stop tripping over his own feet long enough to do anything constructive. Messing up one debate is one thing, but Trump didn't prepare at all. Fox News structured the debate so he could elaborate and they forget that he really isn't prepared for anything. He tried to sound smart. He tried to hit on various controversies. It would have literally been better if he just not shown up at all because at least then he could have been doing something more constructive with his time.

The third debate was more destructive than his baffling and petty battling with the GOPe. I don't know who he thinks he is, but as of now I have a very clear picture of Donald Trump: a very lucky man who has somehow managed to avoid any responsibility for his failures and everything he has done 'right' has been nothing but luck. He's not a businessman, he's a joke. He's the perfect sign, yet again, of privilege posing as skill and talent. In short, yet another Republican only this time he doesn't feel the need to coat the fascism. I don't see the GOP really recovering from this and they were in trouble to begin with. Unfortunately for them, the Democrats seem to want blood and aren't taking prisoners.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

(The campaigns came up with the format, not FNC)

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Unfortunately for them, the Democrats seem to want blood and aren't taking prisoners.

I see nothing unfortunate about this

eye for an eye fvckers

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Lastgirl posted:

eye for an eye fvckers

FINISH HIM

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Lastgirl posted:

eye for an eye fvckers

KAH-LEH-MAH!

KAH-LEH-MAH!

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Yeah there's something about the Democrats' stance this election that is mildly cathartic after how conservatives have behaved over the past 8 years. I'm glad that it isn't enough to just win but that it has to be such a thorough and detailed defeat for the GOP that their party collapses into a sack of deranged wolverines ripping each other apart. These people have a chip on their shoulder that will be ground off with fistfuls of salt. Good riddance.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Coolguye posted:

could i please get a sampling of the assange puffing himself up so he can understand the context of all of this and why assange is, in fact, not very trustworthy
If you can't debunk the material in Wikileaks releases, or you can't demonstrate that the material in Wikileaks releases are irrelevant to the actual issues at stake in this election, then you shouldn't be poisoning the well by taking shots at Assange.

I don't think I've set an unfairly high bar with either of those criteria.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
Some people just want to be ruled by a ruthless dictator, is that so wrong?

:shrug:

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Can't wait for Paris Hilton 2020

She was actually great in Repo: The Genetic Opera, so she's already more qualified than Trump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Node posted:

is there a trip report or a nice summary anywhere regarding this debate, please. is trump going to get 700 electoral votes or is hilldog going to be madame president

• Locked thread