Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This is a popularity contest survey on who will outperform this debate
Strictly Come Dancing :q: Edwardenholm M. "Ed" Balls, First of His Name, Supernova Dance Star and Ex-Shadow Chancellor
Drone Murderess, Iron Abuela the Dread Queen Empress Hilda Tilton, First of Her Name, Colonial Adminstrator of Americore Asteroid Mining
Real Est8 Magn8 Gaivs Conaldvs Magamicvs Tarvmpvs, First of His Name Bigly, The Golden One, Legio XXX Redneckvs Cohorts: "Carpe Pvssy!"
William H. "Bill" Mitchell, Seventh of His Name, Expert Pollster and Twitter Slayer of Bots, Bumblebee enthusiast and Ma-Ti reincarnated
View Results

• Locked thread
Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

I wonder how the media blitz of the last few days regarding Clinton's chances is going to affect Trump tonight. It's obvious that his big plan was to unnerve her in the second debate with his antics, but now he's really floundering. Vilerat's mom? Obama's brother? These are desperate choices by a man who is detaching himself from the process in short order.

I don't think he'll refuse to concede. I do think he'll just take off back home and lock himself in Trump Tower and not give a speech. I think this whole thing is going to break him in short order he might start really flipping out tonight. His ego cannot take this, especially when he has to deal with stress by humping a chair. He's gonna lose it, just a matter of when.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

TwinsensRevenge posted:

debate prediction: much like the second debate although a little nastier. wallace isn't going to really challenge trump on anything, and will either put the pins on hillary during emails or wikileaks. barring a total trump meltdown on stage, i think polls show hillary with a narrower win than last time.

I think tonight will be Trump's downfall. He has to know by now that it's over, even if he'll pretend it isn't. His whole excuse of 'IT'S RIGGED' has been blown out of the water by the amount of early voting and outright hatred he's pushing and now there is no excuse. He has three weeks to go through this until he can lose and move on. And I think that's going to really wear on him. The Republicans are only keeping him around because the ballot can't be changed, and when he loses it's going to be seen coming and may be a gigantic landslide that destroys the GOP for two to four years. Not only that, he's angered so many powerful people on both sides of the aisle that he can't go back to normal business after this is done. I think we'll see desperation tonight because Trump can't deal with real stress and he's looking at an unavoidable loss of historical proportions.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Three Olives posted:

I think Clinton will be vicious tonight with the entire purpose of provoking insane reactions. I hope that she was subdued in the last two debates knowing that she had a comfortable lead knowing it would catch him completely off guard on the last one when she goes for his jugular.

I think she's going to be mining for more commercials. She doesn't need to do much.

If anybody needs a laugh, Huckabee Sanders (Trump advisor) is on MSNBC saying that Trump needs to keep pushing the outsider/insider angle which hasn't worked to date and then noted that Clinton 'had a bad week which shows she's really rattled.' Delusion ahoy!

EDIT: Yeah, Huckabee Sanders is just parroting bullshit showing that nobody in the Trump Campaign even has that one person who questions anything. Trump is going into this once more blind as hell. He has learned nothing and will probably lose more voters by the time this is through.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

DarkstarIV posted:

just a reminder: the person who played clinton in trump's debate prep was chris christie.

let that sink in

Well, he killed Rubio's presidential chances, might as well go for a two-fer.

I think I'm going to enjoy watching Trump's surrogates on Election Night. When it's called for Clinton they're going to get that 'Romney cancelling the credit cards' look on their faces before they have to bum money to get a ride home.

Also, they aren't getting paid. They humiliated themselves for nothing.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

disjoe posted:

Is someone's phone going off on CNN?

Someone is setting off a car alarm? Either way, the trolls have brought their A-game.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Wolf looks sad that he can't get trolled like that. So quiet up there. So lonely.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Trump surrogates pushing Wikileaks like it loving matters. So I guess Trump will touch on that, see Clinton unfazed, and then go back to the Monica/adultery stuff?

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

CNN question: can Trump turn this around?

Considering a lot of swing states started early voting, I think the time is over. This whole 'Trump is only beginning to fight' bullshit is pathetic.

EDIT: CHACHI HAS BEEN SPOTTED.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Kayleigh is bringing up Bernie Sanders.

Donald, I take it back. Don't pay your surrogates. They don't deserve it.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

hanales posted:

Who is the rear end in a top hat with the whistle near CNN and why isn't someone punching him repeatedly.

I wish they could get their unified shouting together so we can understand it. They're overpowering the mic but are so mushmouthed it's hard to understand.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

And now Thunderdome begins!

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

"The Supreme Court is where it's at."

HE'S loving STONED.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Trump learned the word 'debunked' today and wanted to use it so badly.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

At 10pm you could see Trump starting to realize he lost. He started doubling down on poo poo he already said, looked frustrated and angry and panicky. Hilary almost lost her temper a few times, but Trump....Trump knows he's toast.

Nonzero chance of him ducking out of the election before Election Day. He looks like he's already trying to find ways to logic around running like hell.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

My only regret is that Ted Cruz gets at least 4 years of being able to claim he totally would have won if HE had been the nominee, even though I imagine he would have done almost as badly as Trump has.

Cruz would have been figleafing his true beliefs all over the place, coding everything so he could hone what he was saying into something palatable or at least defendable. Trump isn't that, and that's the reason why he won the primary. And that's also the reason he's getting shot down now. He is the ultimate GOP candidate, and I can't see the GOP going back from this without some major losses to their base. And that base is already shrinking to the point where large states are now within reach of the Democratic Party.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Yeah, Trump was getting really frustrated last night and you could tell on some level that he knows he hosed up big. He didn't make a very big showing at either of the first two debates and his attacks this time were sad attempts to get under Clinton's skin, and she knew it. She upped the ante on her behalf -- calling him a Russian puppet really rattled him -- and that 'I'll keep you in suspense' line is probably what will finally be the one thing that people take away from his run. Clinton is running for president, and Trump is running for another season of his show that Arnold has taken over.

Trump had a lot to lose going into this debate. Nobody expected him to do well, and even his sad tactics of inviting people to shake Clinton show a lack of ingenuity on his part. He could have done more by simply behaving himself than trying to goad Clinton into....well, flipping out? Losing her cool? If Trump's goal was to showcase how reactionary Hillary is, he failed so hard that he probably handed her the election on that alone. But he couldn't stop tripping over his own feet long enough to do anything constructive. Messing up one debate is one thing, but Trump didn't prepare at all. Fox News structured the debate so he could elaborate and they forget that he really isn't prepared for anything. He tried to sound smart. He tried to hit on various controversies. It would have literally been better if he just not shown up at all because at least then he could have been doing something more constructive with his time.

The third debate was more destructive than his baffling and petty battling with the GOPe. I don't know who he thinks he is, but as of now I have a very clear picture of Donald Trump: a very lucky man who has somehow managed to avoid any responsibility for his failures and everything he has done 'right' has been nothing but luck. He's not a businessman, he's a joke. He's the perfect sign, yet again, of privilege posing as skill and talent. In short, yet another Republican only this time he doesn't feel the need to coat the fascism. I don't see the GOP really recovering from this and they were in trouble to begin with. Unfortunately for them, the Democrats seem to want blood and aren't taking prisoners.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Lastgirl posted:

I see nothing unfortunate about this

eye for an eye fvckers

True. But it's going to kill the Republican Party. Which isn't a bad thing at all. I'd rather have a center-right party like the Democrats and have Sanders and the people he inspire create an Actual Left for the nation. The heart of this nation has never been a rightist one, even if we've played around with that for four decades.

Teikanmi posted:

If you want a real treat, check out Trump's face as he rips off his notes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANT_ZBhpvtw&t=5764s

If he had taken this whole thing seriously he could have learned how to dodge that emotionally. The Republicans would have spent the money on good help if Trump hadn't decided to rip them off and pretend that he won the primary because he was smart instead of just being outspoken among sycophants who were playing softball so they could go back on whatever they said and get a job with the eventual winner.

chitoryu12 posted:

I don't think WikiLeaks actually has anything that could turn the election the other way. Given Assange's self-admitted personal grudge against Clinton, you'd think that if they actually got anything truly damning it would have been released before the debates so it could be shoved in front of her face and potentially drive Democrats away from her.

Instead we've gotten a lot of "Yeah, so what?" bullshit emails and individual phrases taken out of context for headlines.

Wikileaks has been so discredited by this point that they can't be taken seriously. When they hosed Alex Jones with their 3am reveal of jack-loving-poo poo they were over. Put up or shut up, and much like a lot of rightwingers who think they're superior in this election, they got their rear end handed to them because they could not deliver.

Come to think about it, this whole election has pretty much been an expose on how pathetic the Republican Party's media people and general voter base really is. I thought 2012 was going to be the apex of how delusional they are, but they really have no shame when it comes to pretending they're smarter than everybody else and then flaming out in a big way. I knew that day would come, but not like this and in such a clump. I mean, Glenn Beck backed Hillary as his little website/webshow/Breitbart-lite presence collapsed around him and so far he's just been washed away amidst the constant scandals and humiliations of the Trump Campaign. Not only will Clinton win, she's already taken down a huge chunk of the GOP simply by letting Trump go full throttle into a wall.

STAC Goat posted:

The most hilarious thing about the Wikileaks stuff is that even when they stumble on something potentially somewhat damaging its like 3 degrees removed from Hillary. Its always Podesta or Brazille or someone 99% of Americans have never heard of.

If they had anything on Hillary it would have come out by now. Instead they're teasing bringing down Donna Brazille. Who the gently caress cares?

The reason this whole thing fell apart is that the Republicans smelled their own farts too often. Instead of really looking into Clinton's past, they automatically believed that she was inherently corrupt and thus all this information would fall out of the sky and into their hands. They really underestimated her own competence and overestimated their own to such an effect that not only are they losing to Clinton by possibly historical margins, they've shown that they aren't even good reporters or even serious about their profession. How many years did the GOP have their sights on this woman? And what came of it? A possible landslide in her favor. If that doesn't destroy the morale of anybody involved in the GOP in any way, shape, or form and cause them to doubt their cause, they're high.

• Locked thread