Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This is a popularity contest survey on who will outperform this debate
Strictly Come Dancing :q: Edwardenholm M. "Ed" Balls, First of His Name, Supernova Dance Star and Ex-Shadow Chancellor
Drone Murderess, Iron Abuela the Dread Queen Empress Hilda Tilton, First of Her Name, Colonial Adminstrator of Americore Asteroid Mining
Real Est8 Magn8 Gaivs Conaldvs Magamicvs Tarvmpvs, First of His Name Bigly, The Golden One, Legio XXX Redneckvs Cohorts: "Carpe Pvssy!"
William H. "Bill" Mitchell, Seventh of His Name, Expert Pollster and Twitter Slayer of Bots, Bumblebee enthusiast and Ma-Ti reincarnated
View Results

• Locked thread
Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
hello c-spam i have a favor to ask

i have a friend who thinks that assange is very trustworthy and has always done exactly what he said he was going to do, and that the 'disappointment' after oct 4 is a media hit job to support the smear campaign of him being a pedo and poo poo

in some short googling i linked him a couple of videos of, for example, assange with megyn kelly and he claims that assange saying that it will take a while to release everything completely exonerates him from all his supposed communications failings

he claims that alex jones and roger stone being disappointed as well are irrelevant because they got hyped 'unfairly'

could i please get a sampling of the assange puffing himself up so he can understand the context of all of this and why assange is, in fact, not very trustworthy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

he is in fact a very good guy he just appears to think something strange in this one situation

also WHOOPS i meant that post to go in the trump thread

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Mr. Jive posted:

If you can't debunk the material in Wikileaks releases, or you can't demonstrate that the material in Wikileaks releases are irrelevant to the actual issues at stake in this election, then you shouldn't be poisoning the well by taking shots at Assange.

I don't think I've set an unfairly high bar with either of those criteria.

It's objectively impossible to do either if someone already has an opinion either way because the leaks are allegedly going to come through December; you can say he isn't doing anything worthwhile but not that he lied about the releases because he isn't done leaking nothings yet. To be clear I'm basically certain that Assange has gently caress all or he would have released it already, but it's impossible to say the leaks are pointless because they're not done yet.

It is however (I felt trivially) possible to point out that everyone from CNN to infowars to even Wikileaks's own Reddit were really disappointed by oct 4th's massive nothingburger, and suggest that maybe Assange had something to do with that (assange himself refuses to take responsibility for this, saying that "the media falsely reported it"). If he refuses to cop to that then he can't even tell the truth on a tiny thing and he is therefore untrustworthy on larger things

This was apparently not okay and I was asked to quantify where he said oct 4 would be big, and two sentences in his rather bombastic interviews with NYT and fox where he said things would take time were held up as proof that everyone is just stupid and against assange

I am not going to crawl through the hours of media attention that rear end in a top hat got in aug/sep to build the context the rest of the world clearly had at the time but I figured the junkies here might have a video or two building that context on speed dial

Is that clear enough to get past this

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Mr. Jive posted:

Are you looking for something that discredits Wikileaks? Or something that proves we should ignore anything released by Wikileaks? There is a difference.
I thought I was very specific about this but I am looking for things that are indicative of Assange saying October 4th was going to be big, which was the universal impression of everyone who was paying attention but my friend was not at the time. He simply points out that Assange said it would take months to release everything and that's the end of it for him. The fact that literally everyone else on the planet thought otherwise is, to him, a media smear job, and not Assange being a bombastic fucktard whose mouth writes a lot of checks his rear end can't cash - which is the point at hand here.

• Locked thread