Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

reticulatus1775 posted:

Right now I am debating between purchasing a 4 door Toyota Tacoma with a camper shell or a Subaru Forester, but am open to consider anything. I want to put a right hand drive kit in it, so I am limited to vehicles on this list: http://postalthings.com/vehicle-list

Comedy option: 2001-2010 Chrysler PT Cruiser

(sorry, I have no sensible ideas)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spog
Aug 7, 2004

slidebite posted:

Really? Even in Canada the most of our carriers are contract with their own vehicles, including rural routes.
Dodge minivans curiously seem to be very popular, I think they get a deal or something on them.

Still seems bizarre to me as a Brit that you guys don't get the vehicles supplied by the company.

At the very least, I'd have thought the postal service would have great bulk buying power and would allow the carriers to take advantage of that.
Though that doesn't always work out well:

spog
Aug 7, 2004

ishikabibble posted:

It's just drivers on rural routes that buy their own vehicles, I'm pretty sure.

This guy had a round with only 20 houses in it and he got a company van.

Serious note; it's pretty cool that you love your job. it;s such a rare sentiment these days

• Locked thread