Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Wait, why is it in November now?
wake me up when november ends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

Decebal posted:

Why can't the dumb brain squirt those happy chemicals in me ?! Don't you want us to survive you stupid rear end in a top hat ? I mean, how can the organ who's aware of the problem be the one causing it ? gently caress automated systems

Lol

Wile E. Toyota
Jul 18, 2008

Under no circumstances should you be proud of someone for wearing flip-flops.

Decebal posted:

Why can't the dumb brain squirt those happy chemicals in me ?! Don't you want us to survive you stupid rear end in a top hat ? I mean, how can the organ who's aware of the problem be the one causing it ? gently caress automated systems

seriously though what the gently caress

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010
it was like 85 degrees this week - gently caress heat, bring on the gloom

Banjo Bones
Mar 28, 2003

Fall Back, I say: Get an extra hour of sleep. Oh no, it's dark: We have these things called "lights" now-- they make it so it's not dark. If you're cold, there's this weird thing you put over your body called a "sweater," or you can crawl into a dead horse, whichever comes first, brosef.

Buddha.
Sep 24, 2007

"Have compassion for all beings, rich and poor alike; each has their suffering. Some suffer too much, others too little."
College Slice
I don't understand the point of worrying about it. Just live your life and stop being disappointed that the world doesn't do the specific think you want.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Time is silly, October is the 10th month and September is 9th and they should rename the months to Pepsiber and McMonth

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I don't mind the cold at all but the snow is the biggest problem.

Cold feels good against my skin.

gently caress snow and all the problems it causes.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

This time of year does not depress me as much as piss me off. Why? Because driving to work either people (obliviously or intentionally) have their hi-beams on in oncoming lanes, or they have trucks with the bulbs so high up, possibly with those laser-like LED bulbs. Regarding the latter, I often flash my beams to try to get them to turn off their beams, and then they give me a sunburn when they turn on their real beams.

Too dark? I say how about some regulations about how bright a headlight can be.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Cartouche posted:

Too dark? I say how about some regulations about how bright a headlight can be.

Hate that poo poo too.

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
if youre lucky youll work up the cojones to take some fuckers out with you when you go so you have some thralls to serve you in the afterlife

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
the decreasing of daylight happens no matter what the clocks are gonna say
dst is for not wasting early summer daylight during an hour of the day that 98% of people would sleep through if the clocks werent changed. that hour is saved instead of wasted. and it being light out at 10:30 on a summer night is pretty awesome

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

gary oldmans diary posted:

the decreasing of daylight happens no matter what the clocks are gonna say
dst is for not wasting early summer daylight during an hour of the day that 98% of people would sleep through if the clocks werent changed. that hour is saved instead of wasted. and it being light out at 10:30 on a summer night is pretty awesome

It get's dark around 5PM here in the wintertime. Without the time change you would have an hour of daylight after you get off work (if you are 9-5 peon). It would make all the difference in the world. Working thruout the entire daylight period likely causes a lot more issues than whatever on earth the time change was meant to fix.

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
It's so we can wake up before the Germans and show 'em what's what

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Cartouche posted:

It get's dark around 5PM here in the wintertime. Without the time change you would have an hour of daylight after you get off work (if you are 9-5 peon). It would make all the difference in the world. Working thruout the entire daylight period likely causes a lot more issues than whatever on earth the time change was meant to fix.
daylight savings time takes effect during the summer months
what you are complaining about is the normal time when it is not in effect any more
sorry over thousands of years of human history we converged on a strategy of being productive during daylight hours

again, what daylight savings time does and all it does is make it so everyone doesnt sleep through an hour of daylight because otherwise theres like an hour of wasted daylight at like 5am-6am. move the clocks forward and all of a sudden theres an EXTRA hour of daylight after work

gary oldmans diary fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Oct 22, 2016

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
stupid 23.5° earth axis tilt! this is daylight savings times fault! :argh:
*is actually mad when daylight savings time ends*

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
I like getting out of work only to remain in darkness.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Toadvine posted:

unironically agree

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Kuato posted:

Lately, I've been getting sleepy and think "welp time for bed" and then see it's only 7pm. It's really loving with my head.

I'm going to request paid administrative leave during the fall/winter months due to the psychological effects. If anything I should file a grievance against my employer and the us government.

I heard that suing the country of Saudi Arabia will solve all your problems.

can someone c/d???

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

people who prefer winter over summer are just unusually sweaty people.

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014

Toadvine posted:

Ah yes the season of "go to work in the dark, come home in the dark" :kimchi:

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

There was a drive to repeal it here but it looks like the petition-gathering stalled in March. Hopefully it will pick up and get on the ballot next year, because messing with the clocks is dumb and bad.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.
It's been such a bitch for so long that even in today's world of Internet and cell phones using the time change for an excuse for being late is still totally doable (usually a 1 time only thing so use it wisely).

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

One of the best things about living in Arizona was never having to mess with the clocks. I can't say that I think that state did a lot of things right, but not abiding by the fuckery that is Daylight Saving Time is one thing they absolutely got right.

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

Chlamyllionaire posted:

Ah yes the season of "go to work in the dark, come home in the dark" :kimchi:

If only because it makes me feel like I worked a huge shift, or I'm getting up super-early

It's about the superficial victories

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Kitsunegari posted:

Winter is cool aesthetically and I like it just fine but driving in the snow loving SUCKS

It's actually awesome, hth

lol, just loving lol, if you can't drive in the snow

gently caress the time change tho.

naem
May 29, 2011

I miss weather

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Terrible Robot posted:

The time change sucks, but winter sucks, too. I really seem to be constitutionally suited to living in the tropics, which is weird because I am Anglo-Saxon as gently caress.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
apparently the reason we haven't moved to year round british summer time is that the scots don't want it. maybe theyll leave like they keep saying they will and then we can do it

Kitsunegari
Aug 5, 2013

Terrible Robot posted:

Sorry, I should have specified that driving in the snow loving sucks because of the jerk offs that can't drive in snow.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Hammerite posted:

apparently the reason we haven't moved to year round british summer time is that the scots don't want it. maybe theyll leave like they keep saying they will and then we can do it

they'll vote no on their next referendum and the one after that and we'll still be stuck in the dark on account of those miserable bastards

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i like the dark

it comforts me

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
Cloudy/cold weather is the perfect excuse to stay indoor and game. Which is the opposite of depression.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

a bone to pick posted:

Believe it or not, daylight savings has nothing to do with farmers.

The oil embargo ended a while ago too :(

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

numberoneposter posted:

wake me up when november ends

Long November, and there's reason to believe
this time of year is when we set all the clocks back.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

CharlesM posted:

Time to buy a summer home in the Southern Hemisphere.

Already there!

When daylights saving goes into effect in the US, I will be two hours head of the East Coast, instead of one hour like I am now. I shift between the same time and two hours ahead of the east coast.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Better to go home in the dark then to wake up in the dark.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

FedEx Mercury posted:

Better to go home in the dark then to wake up in the dark.

I do both

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Wow! I'm sorry to hear that my man. I'm salaried so I work 8 hour days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I have a lamp that I shine in my face to stave off the SADs. Just :gizz: that vitamin D into my face.

• Locked thread