Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Rush Limbo posted:

Don Quixote Part 1:

Goon project

Don Quixote Part 2:

Commentary on why it failed and who's to blame.

This isn't getting enough love.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deafboy
Dec 5, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Somebody fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Nov 2, 2016

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is
Miss Lonelyhearts

r/relationships 3.0

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man
Close to the Knives

a young Cutco salesperson blogs about wacky customer encounters

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
Valley of the Dolls

A tale about the environmental destruction of the Grand Canyon through filling the landmark with the world's used and discarded sex robots, real dolls and anime pillows

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

The Stand Walking Dead Slash fiction

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Gone with the Wind - White people discuss at length in what context it would be acceptable for them to say the n-word. The debate becomes heated when someone brings up white rappers.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Dr. Dogballs Jr. posted:

the three musketeers three masters of playing wow grudgingly take on a fourth member after a series of whacky coincidences in dungeon raids

The Man in the Iron Plastic Mask

Lewis a hotshot young business executive with everything going his way. But he hides a terrible secret: his twin brother is a loving loser. The bastard still lives in their parents' loft, just playing WoW all day long. He hardly ever comes out and never takes off that stupid Guy Fawkes mask.

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine

Hogge Wild posted:

The 120 Days of Sodom: GBS after the Halloween 2013.

heehehhehehw

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

The Man in the Iron Plastic Mask

Lewis a hotshot young business executive with everything going his way. But he hides a terrible secret: his twin brother is a loving loser. The bastard still lives in their parents' loft, just playing WoW all day long. He hardly ever comes out and never takes off that stupid Guy Fawkes mask.

20 years after: the 40 year old virgin

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Tess of the D'ubervilles

A woman is raped in the back of a taxi

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

A Clean, Well-Lighted Place
Two network techs in a Google server farm deal with a client over Skype around the Christmas holidays

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Fahrenheit 451

A woman talks about video games on YouTube.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
It
The Killer Clown trope becomes popular every 25-30 years.

Eric the Half a Bea
Jul 13, 2008

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so
Toilet Rascal

Can someone show me the link to that thread? I've lost it or maybe I thought I read it but didn't...

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Eric the Half a Bea posted:

Can someone show me the link to that thread? I've lost it or maybe I thought I read it but didn't...
Everyone should read it.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3714480
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3720872

quote:

I recently decided that I was unhappy at my job, so like any sane person I put a 30 day notice and decided I would walk across America from LA to Daytona Beach Florida. Part of my trip is for personal reasons, I want to find who I am as a person and what truly makes me happy in life. Another big reason of doing this trip is that I want to raise awareness for mental health illness, something I've struggled with my entire life. I assumed everyone would think that I was crazy, but the reaction has been the complete opposite, I've received support from my entire family and friends and even strangers that just happened to see my page shared on Facebook and donated to my cause. So far I've raised $2300 in a little over 4 days. My end goal besides surviving is to write a book about my travels, that nobody will read. I've received very interesting questions from some people so far so I figured I would open it up to SA. I'm departing for LA on the 14th of May.

Kennel fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Nov 3, 2016

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

It was very goddamn funny.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
The Gulag Archipelago/A Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich: Basically the same story, but now set in a remote for-profit privatized prison in rural California in 2016.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man
The Jungle

a Democracy Now! broadcast

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

funkybottoms posted:

The Jungle

a Democracy Now! broadcast

The ending is just some guy literally standing on a soap box and reading an article from the Jacobin.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO
The Martian A man stranded in a stuck elevator comes up with various tropes and tries to be Meta as gently caress

Anna Karinina An asexual S J W gets railed in an unexpected way.

Mein Kampf The Eliott Rodger Story

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

Lord of the Flies: Libertarian Redditors build their seastading utopia

Look Back in Anger: An unemployed blogger rages against the neoliberal consensus and is an abusive twat to his wife because no struggle matters but class struggle

du -hast posted:

Nice.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

The Stranger A confused man discovers the downside of the European refugee policy.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Dune Timothy Leary discovers hash but is nearly foiled by the CHOOM gang

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Gravity's Rainbow My nigga have u tried LSD??

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Stranger in a Strange Land A Gypsy with a large penis is arrested, joins circus

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas A drug fueled erotic bathing session in a cheap hotel nearly goes terribly wrong

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Love in the Time of Cholera: swap.avi

The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn: Two teens go on a rafting trip to creampie teens and discover an unexpected size discrepancy when their negro manservant gets in on the action, followed by an gangbang of all members of an 1800s episode of Family Fued.

The Four Agreements: A mentally ill Mexican man publishes a book of bullshit, but his antipsychotics make him too tired to start the cult. Also refers to himself as a Don.

Lolita: Eyeball licking followed by loud excuses that it is in fact entirely normal to be an ephebophile.

The Silence of the Lambs: A prisoner with a foot fetish sends a young FBI agent to Aatrek's house

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

du -hast posted:

You joke, but there is a bona fide threesome scene in Anna Karenina.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
The Immoralist - Aatrek takes a trip to Thailand

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is

du -hast posted:

Love in the Time of Cholera: swap.avi

The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn: Two teens go on a rafting trip to creampie teens and discover an unexpected size discrepancy when their negro manservant gets in on the action, followed by an gangbang of all members of an 1800s episode of Family Fued.

The Four Agreements: A mentally ill Mexican man publishes a book of bullshit, but his antipsychotics make him too tired to start the cult. Also refers to himself as a Don.

Lolita: Eyeball licking followed by loud excuses that it is in fact entirely normal to be an ephebophile.

The Silence of the Lambs: A prisoner with a foot fetish sends a young FBI agent to Aatrek's house

Lol nice.

The Meditations of Marcus Aurelius

Decision Points, by President George W Bush

The Art of War

Dungeons & Dragons Player's Strategy Guide: A 4th Edition D&D Supplement

House of Leaves
Apartment of Shrubs: An alcoholic lowlife finds and annotates a narrative about a defunct YouTube channel in which an apartment dweller wrestles with space concerns for his hybrid homebrew/pot grow operation in which he is saved by a previously overlooked closet. Or is he in danger? He explores it for a bit but gets the munchies and goes back to watch TV.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Snow Crash A man on PCP with a piece of rebar goes on an imaginary aircraft carrier to kill a Samoan, misidentifies what BIOS stands for, all while a greasy wop named Enzo wrings his hands and grins.

Cryptonomicon A long tome whose climax is syphilis, opiate addiction, and giving the middle finger to Douglas MacArthur. Also contains erotic furniture shopping and detailed descriptions of the puckered anus of a 6-year-old Filipino boy.

I, Robot A 400-lb autistic goon finally has an entity that he can identify with.

The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao Fat goon with massive pimple infection and disinclination to bathe discovered a typewriter in Mexico or whatever and begins shitposting IRL.

The Diary of Ann Frank: The worlds' best game of hide-and-seek followed by a free train ride.

du -hast fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Nov 4, 2016

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

The Stand: An outstanding metaphor for the Jewish conspiracy

Leaves of Grass: A man with a disinclination to work sits with his toes in a pond and writes garbage

The Grapes of Wrath: A STEM graduate becomes a manual laborer and moves to present day Arkansas

Of Mice and Men: A man with a Vaseline covered hand tracking down a retard and a midget who supports the 2nd Amendment.

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is
The Bonfire of the Vanities

A wealthy stock trader kills a black youth in a hit and run. He then becomes the focus of a media firestorm in which alternate sides declare him either a racist murderer or a heroic job creator defending himself from a probable criminal. It is promptly forgotten next week when the media moves on to issues of outage on college campuses, and the trader hires some high priced lawyers, and suffers so consequences.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
The Temptation of Saint Anthony - A stoic goon in a well is tempted with apparitions of various escape strategies.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Cry, the Beloved Country: A black man kills a white man in South Africa while the family is participating in erotic phone calls on the party phone line. The father of the killer succeeds in being cuckolded by the killer's own father, who goes on top of a mountain and founds Black Lives Matter

Lord of the Flies An interactive look at the economy of the Republic of Somalia

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Blood Meridian: An erotic tale of a young man, his horse, and various acts of extreme violence. Features a retard on a leash and a man that can make gunpowder out of his own piss, as well as several acts of animal sodomy. A recommended read.

Child of God An extremely mentally disabled man who refuses to give up his property begins loving the corpse of a woman who dies on it, combined with the Metus video. A melange of bodily fluids.

Capital in the 21st Century: A snotty Frenchman writes a million page book mostly generated with a Markov bot and recommends higher taxes for everyone to be placed in a world fund, though he is careful to specifically exempt the Jews from this scheme.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Ender's Game Extreme violence committed by an unstable child, including a sweaty erotic soapy shower child murder scene, followed by a retarded amount of laser tag that somehow leads to genocide. As penance the author converts to Mormonism.

Foucault's Pendulum: A long rant about the Knights Templar set off by the protagonist's frustration with MS-DOS and StarOffice 2.0.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

The Road A father-and-son picnic day in the Ghenzuo Coal Mine region of China. As they lack houkou they are forced to eat dirt. There is a lack of sodomy in this book that is disappointing, but it does involve nuclear bunkers and lung cancer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire: A comfortable allegory for modern day Europe as immigrants slow storm the EU demanding entertainment and welfare faster than the union can expand, until its eventual collapse. Also the flag is replaced with the star and crescent.

War and Peace: On a long bender, the author challenges his imaginary friend to a contest of how many words could be used in the book and the most boring way. While the title has War in it the title there is, in fact, no combat, and the book you might say is a peace of poo poo ;)

• Locked thread