Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Ooh. Just read that Guy Madden is producing some video art for the second season. He's so loving good -- My Winnipeg is one of my favourite films.

Sometimes this show is so Hannibal it hurts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Is there any rumors of casting for season 2? Are they doing to do the AHS thing and keep most of the cast, changing their characters around, or a whole new cast?

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

Is there any rumors of casting for season 2? Are they doing to do the AHS thing and keep most of the cast, changing their characters around, or a whole new cast?

Mostly a whole new cast, though apparently one of the child actors from this season is going to cameo next season.

John Carroll Lynch (Twisty from American Horror Story, among many other great roles) is going to be in it, though.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
This was such a pleasantly surprising show. I knew about the creepypasta years ago and wasn't expecting much but the writers produced something great. Felt like a Stephen King short series. Small town, confused main character visiting home, something supernatural goes on. Pretty decent acting for a syfy series too.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Marathoned this series today. It was a good watch but at the end I felt kind of underwhelmed about it.

The setting was pretty unnerving but kind of they never took advantage of it, the tooth kid was only shocking the first time and with each new appearance his impact diminished. I'd rather have more moments with the skin taker. The overall structure and pacing made me feel as I was watching It mixed with Children of the Corn though.

I dunno, there is definitely a good show but I think it fell a little short.

Here's hoping season 2 can iron some kinks and improve the formula.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Metaline posted:

Especially when it was filmed in Manitoba!

I'm a fan of Kris Straub's horror stuff, so finding out that a) this was the Candle Cove adaptation he sold the rights to, and b) this was filmed in my hometown got me to watch the whole thing in one night. The extra layer of seeing all of this stuff happening in my old school, down the street from where I grew up, next to my friend's place and so on really added to the creepiness.

• Locked thread