Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I got a Fire TV Stick from an office raffle several months ago and I finally got around to setting it up this weekend. We've got Netflix, Hulu, and Plex up and running so far. It's a nice little device.

Are there some recommended tweaks/hacks for this thing I can use? I've read I can install Kodi on it.

Also, I can't seem to cast to the Youtube app from my desktop or laptops, but I can connect to it fine from my phone. Not sure if that's a known issue. Maybe I should try using Kodi instead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

KKKLIP ART posted:

You can run Kodi on it just fine, and I also found the cast portion picky. Make sure you have the actual YouTube app and not the YouTube.com app which are all different.

It's the actual Youtube app downloaded via the list of apps on the Fire TV Stick menu. It's weird because Chrome on my other devices will see the Stick in the Cast menu, but when I select it and connect to it, nothing happens. If I then disconnect, the Stick Youtube app closes.