Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

I am having inconsistent issues related to audio/video syncing between different applications on my FireTV. Netflix is great. Hulu is not great, and has very noticable issues. SlingTV seems mostly OK but maybe off?

I've cleared cache/data from Hulu, and rebooted entirely to test things. I am clueless, and have googled for solutions but nothing concrete has come up at all.

ShaneB fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Mar 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

thebushcommander posted:

Do you use optical audio output from your FireTV or are you using a FireStick into the tv or a receiver? The reason I ask if source audio type is different between all of those so output conversion might be your issue causing sync/delay. I'd go into the system menu and change output around, perhap put on auto if it's not already or force output to basic dolby digital over hdmi or whatever.

I use HDMI only.

I read somewhere that not using the screen-size scaler can assist with syncing. I haven't really been able to test extensively but I think it might have helped?