Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Nice write up the OP, I got my stick setup and working with ease.

Is there any way to get the NHL app to work? I've tried a few different things but haven't had any luck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Any idea if a new Fire Tv is coming? I'm picking up a new OLED TV but want the benefits of HDR and the current model doesn't support it. I really like the Fire TV (I have 3 fire tv's and 3 sticks) but might get the new Roku instead.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Call Me Charlie posted:

The new Roku wouldn't be a bad choice. Yeah, the UI is kinda lovely but having one device that can do niche services the Fire TV doesn't have (Vudu/Warner Archive/etc) is nice.

Good call. And if a nicely updated Fire TV comes out down the road I could always get one since they're affordable.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

bull3964 posted:

HDR for one.

This.

I'm well invested into Amazon (3 tvs, 4 sticks) and having to use the built in app on my TV for HDR is kind of ridiculous.

An HDHR app would be nice too, or at least a way to see OTA channels.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Inspector 34 posted:

I didn't really expect too much from Kodi, but I hoped Plex would at least work alright. Even on my PS3 Plex can play things reasonably well, though the menus are absolutely awful to get through. But on the Fire Stick everything stops to buffer constantly unless I have the video set below 720p. I'm just curious if there's something obvious I might be missing since nearly every device I own can run DirecTV Now and Plex without much trouble, but the Fire Stick struggles with them both.

Is it something with your network? I set two up yesterday in my kids rooms and have been using DTV Now, Netflix, Plex with zero issues. DTV Now has been running for several hours non stop without issue on one of them. I had first gen sticks prior as well and both worked well despite being bit slow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

PuTTY riot posted:

Just got the update on one of my 3 old fire sticks. Haven't checked the others yet.

All my old stuff updated in the past week.