Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
I still can't get Kodi on FireTV to be able to access SMB shares in Windows 10 without missing files, folders, or invalid argument errors half the time and I'd really like to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
By jailbreak it does she mean he actuals jailbreaks it, or just installs Kodi on the thing? Installing Kodi takes ten minutes and isn't worth paying anyone a dime.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Did they remove the ability to manage profiles on the Netflix app? I can't seem to find it anymore.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Any idea why I can't find the VLC for Fire app on my new Firestick when it's available for the old one?

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Craptacular! posted:

Probably the same kind of hardware profile nonsense that causes Google Play Store to deem certain apps "not available" for certain Android tablets.

Sideload this for now.

Cool, thanks.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
I would like a USB port so I can have the option of adding external storage to the Firestick.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Oh neat, I didn't know that could be done.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
VLC is also an option, but I prefer Kodi since I've been using that poo poo since the Xbox days and I know my way around it.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Mental Hospitality posted:

I have 2nd gen Fire TV with maybe a whole...5 apps installed, and I keep getting an "low internal storage" message. I've moved everything I could to the SD card save for Prime Video, Netflix, CBS and HBO but I'm still using over 90% of the internal storage. Those apps being the largest make up less than 450MB. Is the OS using up that much space?

Are you using Kodi? If so, might wanna clear the cache on that.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Built in TV options usually aren't implemented very well and are rarely updated. I think you'd be better off with a Fire Stick 4K since they are snappier than previous models and you're only out $40 if you wanna switch to something else later.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
I'm afraid I don't know, but I can tell you the official youtube app is coming back soon

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Can't you just sideload the android version for Disney+ on fire?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
My Echo Dot is connect to my Fire Stick 4K. I used to be able to say “Alexa, pause” and it would pause whatever I’m watching. Now it just says “I’m not sure.” A workaround I found is to just say “Alexa, play” and it’ll pause the show, but it’s an irritating issue. Anyone else run into this?