Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hadlock posted:

I didn't know they had a free trial program though, she's brought up Blue Apron before, I'll have to check that thread out.

https://twitter.com/BrianLeeWow/status/770798177494503428?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Call Me Charlie posted:

If you thought ever thought 'oh boy, i'd like one of these fire tv things but i really wish it was built into some garbage tv' Amazon has you covered.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...-300384492.html

On a serious note, the fact that they actually integrated OTA support into the OS gives me hope for the Fire TV boxes. And lets hope the 3rd generation of Fire TV gets the same 3 GB of RAM plus 16 GB internal storage.

Are they garbage TVs though? Like 2 years ago my ex dragged me to buy a 4k Westinghouse TV at Walmart on Black Friday, it's tons better than my TV which I am perfectly happy with that I bought 10 years ago back when a high quality 720P LCD cost thousands, I'm pretty sure I paid around 2K for this TV, I think he paid like $300.

Fire TV is a decent enough TV OS, especially with 3 GB of RAM and 16 GB of storage.

Short of LED array dimming, industrial design and OLED I am pretty sure most of the "garbage tv" companies are able to put a panel indistinguishable to most consumers from the high end of the top tier brands and the biggest thing that is left is not having a garbage OS which Fire TV arguably solves.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I mean it is a stupid fight but I'm glad they brought a browser because I hate casting tabs to my Chromecast just to play a bunch of web browsers and have considered buying a Chomebit just to avoid it.

Has anyone tried a Bluetooth keyboard or even better a wireless keyboard and mouse combo though a USB hub?

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

LargeHadron posted:

We are not in a shared Prime Household, and their Fire stick does not appear in the list of devices for either of our accounts. We didn't buy the Fire stick for them. It's just a stick they have, I guess. I don't know anything about it.

Another possibility is that her parents are wrong about where the photos are coming from. Maybe their TV is accessing the photos not through the Fire stick but through some app?

Are you sure they are you photos? The default screensaver is a bunch of generic photos, is it possible that they just think they are yours?

My experience is older people read way too much into what they think "smart technology" can do. My mother-in-law swears, I thought she was kidding but she is dead serious, that Alexa likes my father-in-law better than her and even flirts with him, while Alexa is rude to her.