Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE

Gynovore posted:

RIght after posting that ^^^ I played a game of Narc on MAME. Great game, but holy poo poo it's loving hard, and there's no difficulty settings. I'm totally making a donation if that guy can beat it without pumping in a truckload of virtual quarters.

Hi I'm the guy running NARC and a couple other games in a few hours. I will do my best to explain everything that goes into playing that game on one credit, but sometimes I have rotten luck on Wheelchair Big. Here's hoping!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE

Gynovore posted:

Nice run on NARC. Too bad it wasn't a one-credit run, but it's still a zillion times better then I've ever done. Donated $20.

"Geeee-no-voh-ray."

Yeah, I'm really sad with how that turned out. I had a practice run a few hours prior that went way better but... sometimes Wheelchair Mr. Big trolls the hell out of you. The rest of the game was sloppy too, it's not good to be losing so many lives early on since you need them for the end.

I think I'm more sad about bombing out on Shinobi. No continues so I couldn't even show the end. Not a good start! People have been getting bodied in a lot of games thus far. Oh well, I still get to do 4 more games: NAM-1975 and Chimera Beast in the early hours, and then Metal Slug and Shock Troopers near the end of the event. I'm really pumped about getting to show Shock Troopers for a lot of people, oh man...

Also, DanAdamKOF is my hero for fixing important sound issues that we were having

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE

u wan gently caress posted:

Some other games that seemed more interesting from a playthrough and commentary perspective got put in some bogus time slots comparatively.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm a little salty about this too! There's a lot of cool games that are happening in the "graveyard" shift. Donkey Kong, DDR, IIDX, and Tetris getting multiple "prime time" spots.... like, I understand why it's happening, but there's some really cool games coming up that people might miss. Darius Gaiden, Raimais, The Ninja Warriors, Trio the Punch, PuLiRuLa, etc... Plus I'm doing
NAM-1975 and Chimera Beast, the latter of which is super loving weird (but not quite Trio the Punch weird).

It's my fault for signing up so many games, but hoo boy my schedule for tonight is rough. Barring any more delays or schedule shuffles, I got things to run at 3:45 am, 8:00 am... and then I gotta wait to do my last two games at 4:10 pm. Oof!

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE

lets hang out posted:

the ninja warriors was a great run, that game is bananas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFjv6_p7qRE

I'm really sad that everyone here is asleep or trying to figure out some other hardware problem in the other room. Zakky's Ninja Warriors run was fantastic and I wish there was a better appreciation for it.

I panic'ed too much during NAM but at least it made things more interesting~

• Locked thread