Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Colonel J
Jan 3, 2008

Finally :')

Only need to fix the alignment (getting there and back was really awful), fine tune the carburetor, install the missing panels and I should maybe be ready for a drive around the lake?

Getting stuff accomplished in this game is so satisfying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Any word from the creator on if we will eventually be able to so something stupid like engine swap with the muscle car?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

jadebullet posted:

Any word from the creator on if we will eventually be able to so something stupid like engine swap with the muscle car?

The muscle car is RWD and the Satsuma is FWD, good luck.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
some sort of realistic welding physics will be required for all the fabrication we'll be doing then, add it to the feature requests

Electrical Fire
Mar 29, 2010

Shout-out to this hose, which is apparently still stuck in a sewage tank in Perajarvi.

T800
Jul 2, 2009

Electrical Fire posted:

Shout-out to this hose, which is apparently still stuck in a sewage tank in Perajarvi.

Well at least you can take something slightly more fuel efficient down there to collect your money after you're done pumping it.

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot
hose be flippin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XzIfw6CJQE

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Thats pretty much what happened to me at that same house. I think that septic tank is haunted, or goes straight to hell.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Cup Runneth Over posted:

I can't say this game has been a super effective advertisement for the Datsun, personally. I'm not sure I want a car that explodes into pieces when you bump it against a tree.

A 1970s Japanese car that's spent 20 years in a northern climate would be rusty enough for that to be entirely plausible. Simulation is accurate :colbert:

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Awwww snap guess who got plates!!!

Time to put my rally tires, after market exhaust, headers and carb on.

I passed inspection with the upgraded radiator in so thats cool.

Any advice for running the rally?

Humbug
Dec 3, 2006
Bogus

JB50 posted:

Learn where the difficult corners are obviously. Don't get to fancy with sliding or handbrake turns. Downshift to third and take it easy over the humps after Loppe. Floor it when you have long sight-lines. Strip the car down. Run richer fuel mix than usual. Save at the scrapheap to make the restart drive to the start shorter.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

JB50 posted:

Awwww snap guess who got plates!!!

Time to put my rally tires, after market exhaust, headers and carb on.

I passed inspection with the upgraded radiator in so thats cool.

Goddammiit. I need to take all my aftermarket poo poo off so I can get inspected. At least I can leave the radiator in, I guess.

Do I have to take off the racing exhaust, too?

StarkRavingMad fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Nov 18, 2016

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

StarkRavingMad posted:

Goddammiit. I need to take all my aftermarket poo poo off so I can get inspected. At least I can leave the radiator in, I guess.

Do I have to take off the racing exhaust, too?

I took mine off and put on the stock just in case.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

JB50 posted:

I took mine off and put on the stock just in case.

After messing with it, I think you actually have to since the racing exhaust won't hook up to the stock headers

(edit) Oh motherfucker, I drove all the way there and forgot the warning triangle, and that was my only failure. Well, at least I know one more round trip will do it.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

BeamNG is leaking into other Steam games.

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot
40 down, 35 to go :sandance:

Colonel J
Jan 3, 2008
I pretty much finished assembling the car save for the panels, and I'm not sure what to do now. Seems like here on out everything costs a lot of money (tuning, repairs, inspection, aftermarket pieces, fuel), and the jobs don't pay that much. They also feel really grindy. How did you guys alleviate that? Just suck it up and grind?

Maybe unplugging the phone while I assembled the car was a mistake, I could have done jobs all this time but I wanted a rally car dammit!

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Colonel J posted:

I pretty much finished assembling the car save for the panels, and I'm not sure what to do now. Seems like here on out everything costs a lot of money (tuning, repairs, inspection, aftermarket pieces, fuel), and the jobs don't pay that much. They also feel really grindy. How did you guys alleviate that? Just suck it up and grind?

Maybe unplugging the phone while I assembled the car was a mistake, I could have done jobs all this time but I wanted a rally car dammit!

You dont have to wait for phone calls. You can pretty much deliver wood to the wood guy everyday. You can also just check the septic tanks to see if they are full and they will pay you when you pump them. Make sure its full to just under the top though or they dont pay up. Ive done too many free septic pumps, learned my lesson.

Colonel J
Jan 3, 2008

JB50 posted:

You dont have to wait for phone calls. You can pretty much deliver wood to the wood guy everyday. You can also just check the septic tanks to see if they are full and they will pay you when you pump them. Make sure its full to just under the top though or they dont pay up. Ive done too many free septic pumps, learned my lesson.

I see! He just pays based on amount of wood delivered?

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Firewood guy is still on a timer but it seems super short. But I think people have run into problems trying to do two loads of wood in a row for example.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Colonel J posted:

I see! He just pays based on amount of wood delivered?

Yes, full load of wood is 3200.

I think as long as he is standing on the side of his house you are clear to deliver.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I tried buying a bunch of sausages and didn't get a bag or the sausages alone. What's up with that?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

jadebullet posted:

The earlier mention of the old Street Rod games makes me want to see a modern verison of that with this game's level of detail.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

hillo posted:

You need 94 and 93 too, trust me, I know. I know so well. Oh dear god no.

Captain Kosmos
Mar 28, 2010

think of it like the "Who's Who" of genitals

hillo posted:

You also need these
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quLFDSzP0LI
Hector - Juodaan viinaa(Let's drink booze)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leSS06OhXDI
Irwin Goodman - Ei tippa tapa(A drop won't kill you)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBCsp1rHB2Q
Irwin Goodman - Työmiehen lauantai(Working man’s Saturday)
Song starts with "Sauna at five and at six in jail, such is a laborer Saturday"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPy2zlvesm4
Hassisen kone - Rappiolla(In Ruins)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BXSkigN45w
Eppu Normaali - Murheellisten laulujen maa(The Land of Sad Songs)

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
I'd bet if they somehow got a license to broadcast old Radiomafia stuff, nobody would notice.

JointHorse
Feb 7, 2005

Lusus naturæ et exaltabitur cor eius.

Yams Fan

hillo posted:

I had the same idea, but instead of top100 from '95, I'd do top20 from '90 to '95 (skipping repeats). But actually starting, and hunting down the songs.. eh :v:

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot

JointHorse posted:

I had the same idea, but instead of top100 from '95, I'd do top20 from '90 to '95 (skipping repeats). But actually starting, and hunting down the songs.. eh :v:

There was only 3 songs I couldn't find on youtube. Took loving ages though.

Finding the songs I stumbled upon some recent vids from jysäri festival, really should go sometime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvlP-mniWXQ

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

hillo posted:

There was only 3 songs I couldn't find on youtube. Took loving ages though.

Finding the songs I stumbled upon some recent vids from jysäri festival, really should go sometime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvlP-mniWXQ

... is it bad when I realize I overwhelmingly likely could dig them up from my mother's CD collection?

There are no words for how much I hate the music from that era.

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Hey! Quit touching my junk!
loving hell. I keep failing the inspection on #18, kopi.

What's wrong with the body, rear end in a top hat. Everything is bolted down, it's been painted, the interior is there, and nothing's bent.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

PopeOnARope posted:

What's wrong with the body, rear end in a top hat. Everything is bolted down, it's been painted, the interior is there, and nothing's bent.

Your pa hosed his wife once. He don't forget.

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 376 days!

PopeOnARope posted:

I failed because of that my first try. Saved up a bunch of cash for the mechanic, but before I got to him I accidentally cartwheeled the thing - smashed up the front and back ends, both doors like to open by themselves now, etc. Then I took it in for an inspection, just for a laugh.

"I don't know how, but you passed," the inspector said. Me neither, pal.

El Perkele
Nov 7, 2002

I HAVE SHIT OPINIONS ON STAR WARS MOVIES!!!

I can't even call the right one bad.

hillo posted:

You are a masochist

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

If you desire a more 2000s experience, I have a playlist for you

Electrical Fire
Mar 29, 2010
Oh come on now...

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Quick question, how do you get home when your car dies in the middle of nowhere? I was taking my car for a test drive and the entire front left suspension fell off at the end of my driveway. I tried running back to the house to get the van, I ended up dying of a heart attack.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

jadebullet posted:

Quick question, how do you get home when your car dies in the middle of nowhere? I was taking my car for a test drive and the entire front left suspension fell off at the end of my driveway. I tried running back to the house to get the van, I ended up dying of a heart attack.

You apparently can hitchhike from the green car now. Otherwise, if you brought enough booze to drink to make yourself pass out (or can get to the pub), I believe you wake up at home. If neither of those options are available, and you're not near enough to steal the muscle car, you're screwed. You can always quit without saving and reload.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Running is a trap because it increases tiredness for some crazy amount per distance. You need to walk but even if you don't catch a break hitchhiking, you should be close enough to walk either home or to the store/pub to get blackout drunk unless you start with an inadvised level of tiredness.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Anybody know where to drop the drunk off at. I know which house it is, but I pulled in his driveway and he wouldnt get out. Do you drop him off by his mailbox or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BillyJoeBob
Feb 7, 2010

Anal-retentive, overly loquacious weapons scientist.

I found that he gets out when you stop in front of the little white fence by the road.

Ive got the twin carbs and racing exhaust and whatnot. Its almost too much car to handle now. :v:

• Locked thread