Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Do not stop for the police on the highway. A truck full of logs will obliterate your van when you step out to take the breathalyzer. All of your groceries will be strewn over the asphalt, a cop will be killed, and they will fine you more than you can pay and crash their police cruiser.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Walk out there and drive it back? Start a new game?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I lost my exhaust pipe trying to put it in in the dark. Dropped it and it disappeared completely. Do I have to start over now?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

HATECUBE posted:

game "allegedly" dumps parts in the junkyard if they fall through the world, and should reappear in there on a save/load, but i have never seen this because i will start a new game faster than the tree can make contact with me

im to the point where i can build the datsun faster than i can tow it back to fix

It should just move the parts there if they leave a certain distance from your house and aren't attached to your car.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

El Palo Mota posted:

Is there a way to do alignment yourself? I built the car on the ground, and I figured my alignment is all wonky because of that. Had I used the tractor, would the alignment be better? Really, really, enjoying this game.

You can adjust the alignment with a nut on each side of the steering rod iirc

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Davoren posted:

drat, three in game weeks and I got my car built, but for the last few days in there I've been trying to get it to run. It'll start up, and run for like a second then cut out, and the oil light comes on. Checking the levels in the oil tank I think there might be a leak, but it never loses very much so it must be a slow one. I've been going over everything looking for loose nuts and bolts but I cant find anything. Any thoughts?

Try pulling out the clutch when you let go of the ignition, and holding down the gas after it starts/when you switch gears.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

You can push the car with J but you have to do it on the head or taillights. I've also had more success while crouched or prone.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

widespread posted:

I might restart in permadeth mode. I'm at the point where all I need to do is put liquid into the thing but like... both the van and the tractor are out of gas and/or are hosed. Should I just keep at it and use the car to earn more benisbucks or would it be fine ti just restart and try not to gently caress everything up?

Also the hood is on but I can't open it. Do I hold it or...?

There is a hood release in the car. You can't just open a car's hood!

Also, is the sewage truck OK?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Man, the Finnish justice system is really lax. They just fine you for murder.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

JointHorse posted:

I noticed that too. Did the save-load thing to skip the nights, but the weekday was stuck on Tuesday. It finally switched to Wednesday when I slept through the night, so it might be that sleeping is the only way to advance days properly.

This is the case, yeah. Sleeping is the only way to move to the next day.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Colonel J posted:

What the hell. Everything should be fine but when I put the car in gear it won't move and reverts back to neutral after a few seconds.

edit: My halfshafts weren't screwed in and now weird stuff is happening... It moves but it still likes to revert to neutral.

Yeah my car reverts to neutral a lot as well.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I can't say this game has been a super effective advertisement for the Datsun, personally. I'm not sure I want a car that explodes into pieces when you bump it against a tree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Sisyphean's Summer Car

• Locked thread