Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Asproigerosis posted:

It's just impossible to drive on the dirt roads at any reasonable speed.

My headlights on the datsun no longer work, and despite doing a full list repair at the mechanic, they still don't work. What?

Ei tässä kyllä järki sua auta, tää on autojen korjaamista ja se on poika tairetta se.

(This made me giggle. Yeah, that's realistic as gently caress.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
I basically never want to play this game, I've had enough of this poo poo for several lifetimes.

But I'm laughing at just how accurate it is.

Also you people suggesting music, for shame. You're missing the essence of Finnish radio.

The one song you absolutely need:

"Leevi and the Leavings - Teuvo, Maanteiden Kuningas"

Good songs you should have:

"Leevi and the Leavings - Itkisitkö Onnesta"
"Leevi and the Leavings - Vasara ja Nauloja"
"Eppu Normaali - Osa Luonnollista Karsintaa"
"Eppu Normaali - Kitara, Taivas ja Tähdet"
"Eppu Normaali - Linnunradan Laidalla"

Songs I will not vouch for:

"Tuomari Nurmio - Lemmenloruja"
"Mamba - Valokuvia"
"Suurlähettiläät - Kuka Pysäyttäisi Kellot"
"Suurlähettiläät - Kun Tänään Lähden"
"Neljä Ruusua - Poplaulajan Vapaapäivä"

Songs that are absolute agony and thus are absolutely necessary for the authentic experience:

"Aki Sirkesalo - Naispaholainen"
"Kaija Koo - Kuka Keksi Rakkauden"
"Kaija Koo - Tuulikello"
"Aikakone - Alla Vaahterapuun"
"Anna Hanski - Josset Sä Soita"

Also one you can only have if you can buy a furry wide seat for the car:

"Eppu Normaali - Keskiyön Cowboy"

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

JB50 posted:

Tried to pull away with the hose and it went all T-1000 on me.

Tried to pull up more and the hose got launched into space and continued to deform in the most horrifying ways. At one point it appeared to stretch all the way across the sky.

That's caused by the red mushrooms with white dots.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

His Divine Shadow posted:

I like the life this game portrays, its a nice, simple life, little stress, beautiful nature, a nice hobby to work on, just... relaxation, so lovely.

I'm so enamored and nostalgic I'm gonna buy a jauhelihapizza and some makkarat after work.

Jauhelihavarakumit maistuu silti samalta kuin ennen, eli siis kaamealta.

(Minced spare tire meat taste still the same like before, lived so horrifying.)

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

hillo posted:

40 down, 35 to go :sandance:

You need 94 and 93 too, trust me, I know. I know so well. Oh dear god no.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

hillo posted:

There was only 3 songs I couldn't find on youtube. Took loving ages though.

Finding the songs I stumbled upon some recent vids from jysäri festival, really should go sometime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvlP-mniWXQ

... is it bad when I realize I overwhelmingly likely could dig them up from my mother's CD collection?

There are no words for how much I hate the music from that era.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

PopeOnARope posted:

loving hell. I keep failing the inspection on #18, kopi.

What's wrong with the body, rear end in a top hat. Everything is bolted down, it's been painted, the interior is there, and nothing's bent.

Your pa hosed his wife once. He don't forget.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

PopeOnARope posted:

Ah gently caress sakes

-Police spawning is now randomized

Also, I found out why my basket didn't pass inspection. The rear bumper wasn't bolted on.

Which means I passed inspection! Only to back my car straight into the ditch leaving the garage.

At a guess, they only spawn in 2-3 locations and have a distinct tell that you can use to koukata to the meadow and avoid them

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

GOD IS BED posted:

I think I may hate this game now.
Just got the car inspected, driving home to put the plates on. Just passed the shed with the tractor when I flip the car on its side. Trapped inside, fearing I must resume at the last save point. Physics glitches out, I'm outside the car, the car is now rubber side down. Get in to drive in my driveway. Die from exhaustion. Didn't realize what was happening until the death newspaper shows up. Alt-F4, restart the game, Continue is no longer an option.
Jesus loving Christ.

The only unrealistic part about this is that it didn't play Teuvo from the radio over a poo poo-covered man drinking a lovely beer, watching a lovely news clip of a man in a lovely suit announcing your dumb death.

I mean, it simulates the DTs pretty well.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

CharlesM posted:

Your last name has to be 3 characters, I noticed

Makes sense, last names shorter than 3 characters aren't allowed in the government systems, and thus you can't get a license.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Ambulocetus posted:

Definitely not, because of common history and a Swedish-speaking minority Swedish surnames are common and there are thousands of people with surname Ek.

This could be right, but it could not, and it's not like software devs give a poo poo if it works right for the Swedish-speakers.

I'm not sure if it was a thing with the automated version of the driver's license processing system, but it was the case with a lot of systems of the era where you'd need 3 characters for a name to process right. So you'd just pad them with zeroes.

• Locked thread