Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Electrical Fire
Mar 29, 2010
So is it a known bug for certain parts to become impossible to detach? I've got the timing cover on and can't get it off again. I know less than nothing about cars, but I've got a suspicion that the timing belt is supposed to be under the cover rather than sitting on a shelf. I might have to restart, which sucks because I feel like I was finally getting somewhere.

Also, thanks to whoever posted the Datsun service manual. Using it is a nice compromise between tearing my hair out in frustration and just following a guide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electrical Fire
Mar 29, 2010

CharlesM posted:

Very simple question, you know right-click is to detach stuff, right? I kinda missed that for a while. I thought just unscrewing everything would make it come off :P

Haha yeah I guess I should have mentioned that I've tried that a hundred times. Other parts come off fine with right-clicking, just not this one.

Electrical Fire
Mar 29, 2010

CharlesM posted:

Be sure the water pump, crankshaft pulley & waterpump pulley are removed first. I would think those might prevent you from removing it. If that doesn't work I'll start a new game and see for myself.

It's literally just the block, timing cover, and engine plate, which also won't come off.

Electrical Fire
Mar 29, 2010
:laffo: I just tried putting the water pump on and the timing cover fell off. That problem solved itself, time for a few beers and see if I can find my lost axe.

Electrical Fire
Mar 29, 2010

Shout-out to this hose, which is apparently still stuck in a sewage tank in Perajarvi.

Electrical Fire
Mar 29, 2010
Oh come on now...

Electrical Fire
Mar 29, 2010
Anyone know why I am losing all my oil? Oil filter is tight, oil pan bolts are all tight including the drain plug, and I have the fuel/air mixture tuned already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electrical Fire
Mar 29, 2010

zedprime posted:

All at once? Leaky stuff would include forgetting the head gasket, 10x head bolts, 8x & 1x oil pan, oil filter.

Over time? Its a 20 year old junker so it's modelling how it basically eats oil through lovely cylinder seals.

I'll double check everything tomorrow but the more pressing issue now is that one of my pistons is laying in the driveway. Is there a way to get new ones?

• Locked thread