Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

Finally got the car working reliably, pull over on the motorway to adjust the alignment and as I'm setting off a load of sausages clip through the bottom of the car, throwing me into the air and obliterating everything on the underside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

KakerMix posted:

My trunk lid consistently will fly off its hinges and through the floor of my car knocking my exhaust off when I attempt to close it. So I had to drive to the store to pick up my mail order and stuff it into the passenger compartment. I'm actually really impressed by how if you can fit the stuff in the car without clipping it will stay inside and without issue. I even managed to drive home the trunk lid by folding the passenger seat down.

Yeah, I feel like the game doesn't really do enough with the cool life-life-simulator physics stuff, like you should be able to be a courier and have to carry loads of boxes in your car that're flying all over the place as you're driving down a dirt road to the next house or something.

So my car does actually start, but the engines a bit clickier than before, is that a result of the missing exhaust pipe? And is there actually any way to get to the car without using another vehicle, or am I going to end up with something stranded by the side of the road?

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

I missed one, I think it was below the cylinders. There should be 8 on the brake lines and 1 on each wheel, according to the wiki.

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

Colonel J posted:

I got the car to run but if I keep the throttle high for some time there's some fluid that starts to shoot out of the engine. And I tried putting it into gear but it doesn't move at all :(

That's probably steam, it means you're running too hot for the radiator.

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

Humbug posted:

3. Files need to be named track##, yes.
This is the batch script I used to convert my songs with VLC player. Stick it in a folder with all the songs you want converted and it should create a folder containing all the songs properly converted and renamed.
code:
@echo off
setlocal enableextensions enabledelayedexpansion
if not exist converted\NUL mkdir converted
set /a i=0
for /f "delims=|" %%f in ('dir /b *.*') do (
	if not %%f == %~n0%~x0 (
		if not %%f == converted (
			echo converting %%f
			set /a a+=1
			call "C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe" "%%f" --sout="#transcode{acodec=vorb,ab=96}:standard{access=file,mux=ogg,dst=converted\track!a!.ogg}"  vlc://quit
		)
	)
)
echo conversion finished
pause

Praseodymi fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Nov 27, 2016

• Locked thread