Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 377 days!
it runs!

it runs exactly this far! thing popped out of gear and won't go back in :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 377 days!
When you answer the phone, a tack will get stuck into the map on the wall right in front of you. That's where you need to go. They don't stay after a reload, though

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 377 days!

Crumpet Strumpet posted:

it runs!

it runs exactly this far! thing popped out of gear and won't go back in :negative:

Clutch/engine connection had popped - fixed it, saved the game, tried to start it up... and the engine instantly lunched itself and spat a crank bearing on the ground for good measure.

Reloaded, pulled the oil pan, and saw half my pistons and all the crank bearings had backed themselves off. Christ.

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 377 days!
QUESTION: how many?

ANSWER: at least five

first successful trip, though I only bought three to bring back because the suspension was sagging

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 377 days!
my car's decided it wants to overheat and puke coolant all the time, so naturally i've ordered the riciest aftermarket radiator in the world as a first step

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 377 days!
wait where are these parts even going to appear

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 377 days!

Cojawfee posted:

I did not. I started a new game and haven't even started building the engine because I went to buy stuff at the shop and when I got back all the body panels were smashed to bits.

Did you buy a fan belt and put it on?

yep. rad's on, all three pipes tight, water pump running, belt on. the car ran flawlessly all day previous.

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 377 days!

Crumpet Strumpet posted:

my car's decided it wants to overheat and puke coolant all the time, so naturally i've ordered the riciest aftermarket radiator in the world as a first step

it turns out i should have just adjusted my alternator position so the fan belt engaged lmao

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 377 days!
More specifically: if you look real carefully, you can see the belt jumping around when it's either too tight or too loose. Either of these things will cause it to come flying off, which will trash your engine if you don't shut it off when you see coolant spraying out. Gotta fiddle with that poo poo until the belt runs steady.

Don't be like me, kids. Check your belt.

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 377 days!

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Either the patch didn't hit me or it's one of those start-a-new-game patches. I had no ability to sprint (maybe it's unbound by default) and the liquids were next to IMPOSSIBLE to pour. I held the motor oil upside down over the engine and despite the guage showing up and staying on screen it never started filling. The fuel can, on the other hand, couldn't make the meter appear at all for more than a split second no matter how slowly I moved it around. I'd stop the second the meter would appeal and then it'd vanish without filling AT ALL!

And, yes, I had removed all the caps before attempting to fill them. Radiator and brake fluid worked just fine.

What are the other two things to fill up next to the brake fluid?

Make sure your oil drain plug is tightened down, that got me once.

The other two also take brake fluid. As for the gas, the can is near empty by default; gotta get the thing filled.

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 377 days!

PopeOnARope posted:

loving hell. I keep failing the inspection on #18, kopi.

What's wrong with the body, rear end in a top hat. Everything is bolted down, it's been painted, the interior is there, and nothing's bent.

I failed because of that my first try. Saved up a bunch of cash for the mechanic, but before I got to him I accidentally cartwheeled the thing - smashed up the front and back ends, both doors like to open by themselves now, etc. Then I took it in for an inspection, just for a laugh.

"I don't know how, but you passed," the inspector said. Me neither, pal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 377 days!
I accidentally on purpose chucked a crate of beer through one of the shop's windows, and the game called me an idiot

• Locked thread