Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

I got Finnish Tedium Simulator a few days ago and have been having a blast with it. Finally got the engine all put together (and then realized I never bolted the pistons to the crankshaft and took it apart and put it back together again) and now it's in the car.

This is a good idea that will have no repercussions at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Well, I got the car started...success! Drove about 60 feet before the drive gear and halfshafts all fell out of the car. I was pretty sure I got all that tightened down, but the bolts were all loose.

No matter, I got all of that fixed, and I tuned on the carburetor a bit, and set off again. This time, I got about 200 feet before the car spit the entire engine out, that majestic Satsuma 4-banger arcing up into the sky like a great big piss over the roof of my car and landing back at the house as I rolled to a stop.

Now the car is just throwing the engine out with regularity. Trying to figure out what in the hell I could have hosed up.

ComfyPants fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Nov 2, 2016

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Cojawfee posted:

Have you tried fastening the bolts to the motor mounts?

I know I did, but now that the engine is in, I can't seem to select the bolts to try and be sure I have them tightened down. They're not lighting up for me. I'm wondering if I have to try and re-hoist the engine and reseat it.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

I decided to start over from scratch and I finally have a working car. Not working well, mind you, but it works. Even though I'm sure I got all the brake lines tightened and filled up the master cylinder, it had no brakes, so I had a fun drive out to the mechanic.

I had just enough money to get the brakes worked on and get the alignment done, so I'll work on tuning the motor once it's done (in my first build, the engine ran beautifully when it wanted to stay in the car, now it runs like absolute dogshit). But now I'm out of money and have to...ugh...work.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

So I was chugging along the highway in the sewage truck and came up on the speed trap, and I wanted to get out and get a closer look at everything. Unfortunately I hosed up and got the truck hung up on the ditch, and physics wouldn't allow me into the driver's side of the truck and gravity wouldn't let me open the door on the other side so I was hosed. I went up to get a closer look at the cop with the radar gun, and when I got into clipping range, he fell over dead and one of the police cars came barrelling up from the checkpoint to give me a fine for murder.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

It's beat to poo poo and bent all to hell, but it runs, it doesn't tick, it doesn't stall (after being warmed up for like a minute), the doors all close, the brakes work, and it drives straight. It may be a shitbox, but it's my shitbox and I'm proud of it.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

I was pissed that I had to redo my inspection because I was missing this stupid thing, but it turns out it's actually very useful.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

I'm wanting to run the rally, and I know the roll bars and harness aren't in yet, and I've got rally tires, but it's saying my car isn't inspected. But I did get it inspected and have plates and all that. I tried going back to the inspection place but I can't get it inspected again. Is there something I'm missing?

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Cojawfee posted:

Are the plates installed? You should just have to click the signature thing.

EDIT: Ignore me, I'm loving dumb, I *thought* I had rally tires, but I don't. One of the few loving English words in the catalog and I missed it.

ComfyPants fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Nov 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Default Settings posted:

Guys, look in front of your fireplace.

This loving game.

That is excellent.

• Locked thread