Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

drat, three in game weeks and I got my car built, but for the last few days in there I've been trying to get it to run. It'll start up, and run for like a second then cut out, and the oil light comes on. Checking the levels in the oil tank I think there might be a leak, but it never loses very much so it must be a slow one. I've been going over everything looking for loose nuts and bolts but I cant find anything. Any thoughts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

That might have been it, was I just stalling then? The other vehicles seem to take care of the clutch themselves. My oil light is still on though, there's a mechanic I can take it to right?

Edit: Hmm, I can get it going but it won't go very fast and doesn't sound very healthy.

Maybe I messed up something in the gearbox, everything runs great until I put it in gear.

Davoren fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Nov 6, 2016

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Well, the only thing I've used the screwdriver for is the alternator, and I just pulled it out as far as it'd go. Guess I got some tunin' to do. I didn't use any guides, my dad and my brother are mechanics so for family honour I was determined to figure it out myself.

Edit: Maybe now that I know how stuff works I'll just start over in permadeath, working backwards is frustrating!

Well, guess I didn't fit the boot lid properly...

Normally I enjoy a good physics bug but I'm not so hot on this one.

Fuuuuuck and I forgot to save too, gotta start completely over.

Davoren fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Nov 6, 2016

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

You can push with your hands with J.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

I dunno man, I pushed it into the garage when it wasn't fully assembled. It's not the easiest task but that's this game.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

That'll make it harder to piss out the window of a speeding septic truck, but I'm up to the challenge.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Well there is that sledgehammer.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

You have to Finnish what you started.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

I love this game but I kind of drifted away after I built my car. I still need to tune it, but if I tune it I'll be able to drive it, and if I drive it I'll likely die, and my perfect beautiful summer car will die with me. Has there been anything in the last couple updates that might mean I should restart anyway?

• Locked thread