Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Dogs reading from an artifact buried in the ruins of our civilization, "We were assholes- " and writing solemnly, "They were assholes."
Soiled Meat

poptart_fairy posted:

So is this game actually fun or are people just being super loving ironic about it.

Both the gameplay and the game world consists almost entirely of rough edges, rust and piss. It can best be described as someone with a copy of Unity and a penchant for toilet humor taking a game genre generator, rolled 'an open world car mechanic sim with permadeath' and actually making it, teaching himself game design along the way.

It is also very ugly and very Finnish and about the video game equivalent of this: :nws: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fc-qSHKR2dY :nws:.

All in all, it is not a good game. It is deliberately bad, like Spurdo Sparde or Dolan comics and there are many deliberately annoying design decisions. At the same time, it is kind of fun, unlike, say, Stanley's Parable, which is the closest game equivalent I can think of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Dogs reading from an artifact buried in the ruins of our civilization, "We were assholes- " and writing solemnly, "They were assholes."
Soiled Meat

El Perkele posted:

It's real. Also one of the radio tracks is a sooof of a long-time Finnish nature radio program. The developer knows nature stuff very well and bothers to be pretty accurate about it. (Too bad the elks gallop, which is false!)

I was vaguely bothered by the cuckoo calls, the ingame season seemed too summery for those, but I don't know a thing about birds anyway.

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Soiled Meat
Check if the halfshafts are connected to the gearbox at the bottom of the engine, they might have come undone when your wheel fell off and persisted throughout you reloading the save. I think each one takes 3 size 9 bolts?

a podcast for cats fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Nov 23, 2016

• Locked thread