Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBitEX-8IcM

quote:

MY SUMMER CAR is a game about car building and everlasting Finnish summer. Summer is and this game is !
Never before is a car game designed with such emphasis on realism, in bad and in a good way. Small error and you die. It could be that you forgot to tighten brake linings, or that you forgot to bolt wheels properly.
The maximum speed for the car might be only 165kmh (downhill), but it is all horror already at 80kmh. Of course, you can always order some stuff from other side of the world, and tune up the engine so that you hit 200kmh.

I am making this game because this game needs to be made. This is not made because this is fun game, but because it is NOT!

Check out this amazing feature list

IMPLEMENTED posted:

Detailed driving simulation with Pacejka tire model
Car operating requires H-type shifter and clutch
Super difficult hardcore car building puzzle
Walking simulator
Car stereos with installable subwoofers
Camera to take photographs
Dead boring highway
Extensive damage system, for parts dropping off and wear and tear
Parts shop for spare parts and tuning parts
Does have graphics of some sort
Listen drunk people talk
Drunk NPC's
Passing out and waking up in random place
AI road traffic
Able to go to sauna, drink alcohol beverages and get wasted
Radio channel
Ability to import own OGG songs to radio
Rallycross-style dirt track
Drivable cargo van
Ability to steal fuel
Car inspection process
Online leaderboard rally event
Complete car build up from spark plug to full body tuning
Engine simulation with changing damage and performance scenarios
Early 90's Finnish countryside setting
Play slot machine in bar
Ability to chop wood for money
Drivable muscle car with true to life automatic transmission
Fully functional dashboard similar to flight simulator
Chop wood
Brake fluid, oil, coolant, fuel, carburetor management
Fast and dangerous dirt roads
First person controls, no immersion breakers
Permadeath
Drivable tractor
Physics bugs
PC-only game

PLANS, BUT NOT PROMISED! posted:

Window stickers, like "More beer"
Rowing boat
Strawberry picking
Driving a log truck
Ability to make kilju and sell it to get some cash
Suomi KP/-31 to shoot fishes, cans, or something else
Drag strip and local drag racing events
Lively environment with houses, nature and animals

http://www.amistech.com/msc/
Available Oct 24th on steam! http://store.steampowered.com/app/516750

Has anyone else been following this game for the last few years? The feature list is daunting, and seems to be the dwarf fortress of driving/life sims. Price should be around $15 GET HYPED

Old video of the dev showing off the games features. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0IZ_TEzg7M

Harminoff fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Oct 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
I mean look at the depth of this game. You have different size wrenches to use!

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
I tried to shift gears, accidently punched out front window instead.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Cojawfee posted:

I played for a bit and I'm having fun. Question 1: Can I turn off that stupid fly sound? It's giving me a headache. Unless there's a way to kill it, I need to get rid of that sound.

My main issue is just trying to get things lined up enough to get them installed. That and figuring out what order it wants me to attach things. I don't know how to get any of the suspension bits to attach to each other or the car. How do I get the engine on the engine hoist? i found a spot where it seems like one bolt would go but I can't find the other nor can I figure out how to attach them. This is fun so far.

There is somewhat of a guide here. http://my-summer-car.wikia.com/wiki/MY_SUMMER_CAR_GUIDE_2:_ELECTRIC_BOOGALOO

In regards to the fly I saw some spray at the store

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
I wish the store didn't open so late. Also, is there a clock somewhere? I went to bed and figured it was morning but was dark when I got to town. Stood outside until it opened but was pretty much dead at that point.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
You have to crouch really low and than grab the jack. I couldn't figure it out either.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Awesome update today!

quote:

-Possible fix for phantom hit-and-run death 
-Towing rope cannot be attached to same car 
-Dead player spawns now back at home 
-Added 'Mortal' text to player HUD to indicate whether permadeath is ON (to debug if there is issue in the main menu selection) 
-Removed underlying save encryption to possibly help save/load issues (I suggest to backup saves just in case) 
-Added running, default button is 'Left Shift' 
-Truck crap hose will detach itself if too much force is applied, should help truck NOT to launch into stratosphere 
-Changed Repair Shop order duration to time instead of date to avoid bug that caused way too long delivery times 
-Fixed issue with front wheel brake nuts not saving their state correctly 
-Fixed issue with clutch assembly where 'clutch cover plate' became stuck on to 'flywheel' 
-Fixed spark plug assembly issue, check your spark plugs just in case 
-Made truck stop moving when player moves in the cockpit 
-Dart gets now removed from the map after job is done 
-Another fix for pouring fluids, should work correctly now 
-Increased efficiency of mosquito spray

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
There is a spot for subs, now of they add in audio tuning this game will be next level. I spent way to much time in my youth doing that, and yes I had a stereo that cost 2x the car it was in.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Finally got my car running and took it too the shop. Make sure you bring your tools with you incase you need to adjust anything. I would have overheat without it! Somehow I did lose a side panel on the trip though.

Mechanic had a half off sale so that was pretty nice, though I have no idea what a few things are. (final gear change?)

His car is a pos though. Like driving on an ice rank. Hopefully that gets tweaked a bit.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Truck should also have cb radio or something. I'm at the point now where my car is built and I need to work however waiting for 30 minutes to get 3-4 calls isn't very fun. I can only watch the same music video so much.

Or letting us import videos would also work and be pretty amazing.

Also, from the suggestions forum.

quote:

I want to have 386 in this game with command line interface and BBS. But I have not included in the official list as it comes down to fact whether my colleague gets some games made for the computer and those can be imported.

IRC is awesome idea, I will check out how easy/hard it would be to implement also.

Harminoff fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Nov 2, 2016

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
High pitched I'm thinking is your belt. You can tighten it with the car on until the noise goes away.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
You'll have about as much luck doing that in game as trying it in real life though.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Just added my own music and wow he actually added a filter so that it sounds like the music is really coming out of the lovely van stereo. Awesome.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
New patch is out!

quote:

-Fixed some colliders at landfill site and home
-Fixed Racing Radiator which floats after removal
-Fixed adjustment issue with valves, where valve states were not correctly reset
-Fixes in firewood chopping exploit
-Made gesture animations independent from FOV setting
-Fixed issue with installation of dashboard covers
-Possible fix for Windshield shattering after Windshield repair at the car repair shop
-Added optional gear indicator showing current gear selected
-Made door usage easier for Truck, Van, Tractor and Muscle car
-Added hitchhike opportunity with the small green car
-Previously purchased parts cannot be re-ordered from the Parts Catalog
-Price of postal order is now calculated from parts *actually* delivered
-Changed mechanism how sewage well death is triggered
-Fixed issue with how car body parts paint types were saved
-Fixed issue where Police did not give ticket for speeding in some situations
-Fixed fueling-saving-loading exploit
-Fixed bootlid issue
-Fixed erroneous Hood bolts, check your hood it is probably detached now!
-Fixed issue of bolts becoming unscrewed after having a damage and then quitting without saving
-Increased tire grip for Truck
-Added "night-TV", which being watched increases fatigue
-Added Amistech Games splash screen

Note, there are some substantial changes which might cause some unforeseen issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Steering wheel animations never seem to match up very well in driving games when using a controller/keyboard. That being said though try and drive in 2nd gear. I couldn't drive that car at all, it was like driving on an ice rink. Someone suggested driving in 2nd and that seemed to make it handle a hell of a lot better.

• Locked thread