Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I played for a bit and I'm having fun. Question 1: Can I turn off that stupid fly sound? It's giving me a headache. Unless there's a way to kill it, I need to get rid of that sound.

My main issue is just trying to get things lined up enough to get them installed. That and figuring out what order it wants me to attach things. I don't know how to get any of the suspension bits to attach to each other or the car. How do I get the engine on the engine hoist? i found a spot where it seems like one bolt would go but I can't find the other nor can I figure out how to attach them. This is fun so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I bought the bug spray and it got rid of that mosquito or whatever for a bit but it just comes back. The size of bolts is also my biggest complaint. He really needs to go through each one and set the size properly. Bolts that look really big take small wrenches and bolts that look small take big wrenches. I don't mind that there are different sizes but they need to look the right size so I don't have to try every wrench until it works. Something to highlight the bolts and nuts is needed as well.

I built most of my car and drove it around bit and then crashed it. Turns out I needed to take that can with me to the shop to buy gas as well.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
This game really needs vr.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Make sure you're adding fluids. Clutch cylinder uses brake fluid.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The brakes don't work in my car. All the lines are installed and the fluid is added but the pedal doesn't even move when I hit the brake. Must be some kind of bug.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The brake pedal works before the engine turns on. Once I turn the engine on, it stops working until I turn the engine off, exit driving mode and then reenter driving mode. Then once I turn the car on again, the brakes stop working. I don't know, maybe I'll have to just start a new game.

Edit: Also, don't save and reload at the store after buying lots of stuff. Unless you really love individually dragging in sausages from the van. That shopping bag goes away and all the stuff you bought appears when you reload.

Cojawfee fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Oct 25, 2016

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Pham Nuwen posted:

Where do you deliver it? The guy calls and asks for firewood but hosed if I know who this random Finn on the phone is.

I also have this question. There's not much info on this game yet and it doesn't explain any of it. The guy asks for wood but doesn't say where he wants it.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Do I have to chop a bunch of firewood and throw it in the trailer? I noticed there was a texture of wood in there but I don't know how much I need to do.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
It's so crazy that you can just go off into the world and just die randomly. In some games it doesn't seem out of place. In this game, you're just driving your van to the store but you lose control, hit a tree, and then you're in the newspaper.

How do I add more diesel to the tractor? I can't find anywhere to pour fuel in. I dropped off some logs to the guy and then the fuel ran out as soon as I got back to the house. I grabbed the diesel can but couldn't find any fuel filler on the tractor. I poured some around various points of it but the bar never showed up.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
How is everyone adjusting the valves? I'm getting a lot of ticking and there doesnt seem to be a way to easily tell which way to adjust them.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The shop guy called me and tried because I stole gas. I think he smashed up all my body panels. They were the corner when I got back.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
That guide is wrong a couple times. There's another article called bolt sizes that have the right ones. or just try different size wrenches.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
You can hit H to punch things. Also, just drive around the lake shore to get to the store. It's fast and there's no traffic. You just have to avoid trees. Drive out to that shed where the Tractor and septic truck are and keep driving towards the lake. Take a left and follow it all the way around until you get to the dock. Follow that gravel road up to the town and find the store.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Ringo Star Get posted:

Anyone able to get a controller to work with the game? I'd like to sit at my steering wheel to walk around and then use the wheel and pedals without having to move. I guess that's be realism but at this time it's not feasible.

I've been using my xbone controller for driving.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

StarkRavingMad posted:

Did you ever figure out what was going on with your brakes? My car had the same problem, before I ran into the more pressing issue of half my chassis falling off. I'd like fix that while I have it up to fix the chassis, if I can. Brakes seem like an occasionally-useful thing to have. I do have all the fluids in. (As an aside, he REALLY needs to make it less fiddly to fill the fluid reservoirs.)

Also, question for everyone, am I supposed to be able to tighten the air filter on there or does it just snap on? I tried every spanner and also just mousewheeling but either it doesn't need to be screwed on or I'm missing the magic pixel where I need to point.

I did not. I started a new game and haven't even started building the engine because I went to buy stuff at the shop and when I got back all the body panels were smashed to bits.

Crumpet Strumpet posted:

my car's decided it wants to overheat and puke coolant all the time, so naturally i've ordered the riciest aftermarket radiator in the world as a first step

Did you buy a fan belt and put it on?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Left click and right click the lever to go up and down. Lower it all the way, place the block near it and screw in the two bolts. Save the game and load back in. The block will be hanging on the hoist.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
There is now a dirtiness meter. No idea how to lower it.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I turned the faucet on but no idea how to get the shower too turn on.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
There apparently is a body shop in a town.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Scroll wheel up to turn it on. Make sure you close the door.

Where do I dump this sewage?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
These assholes won't pay me for pumping their sewage.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Turns out I was going to the wrong houses. I thought there were just two but each town has more than one. So make sure you really check the map for where they want you to go. Also, put the hose back. Don't be like me where I was flying down a dirt road at 80 clicks and the hose catches a polygon and my truck does two barrel rolls. I had to go find my beer crate because it went flying.

The septic truck is bar none the best vehicle in this game. It hauls rear end and handles great.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Once you learn how to drive, you can really start flying down those dirt roads. You'll quickly learn why Finns are the greatest drivers in the world. when I go to the store I buy all the milks and all the sausages. If I'm working on the car, I drink the milks because it lowers thirst and hunger at the same time and doesn't make the view all screwy. When I'm on the road I drink beer because who cares, I'm flying in that sewage truck. If I hit someone, they are dead, not me.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Following the guide, they want you to put the engine in before the suspension bits. I didn't do that. I put in all the front suspension bits and the half shafts in the car and then went to mount the engine. Place it in the car and then line up the transmission with the half shafts. Once those line up, the bolts will appear on the motor mounts. Two in the front on the sides and one in the back in the middle.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

JointHorse posted:

[edit] Oh I think someone was wondering about where to empty the truck. Just do it anywhere, the game doesn't care :lol:

I hit 10k liters while emptying one guy's tank so I dumped it on the ground at his house and restarted the pump. He didn't seem to care. I really wish there was a way I could spray the shop guy with it though. Like if I could hook the hose up to the output and just drag the hose into his shop. I piss on him whenever I get the chance.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The half shaft shares a bolt with the brake disc so if you tightened that, it probably won't go on.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
There is guide on the wiki.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
It tells you how to build the engine and the chassis as well as how to set everything up. As far as I'm aware, any issues just involve rebuilding things.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Looks like you get paid per firewood so it is worth it to fill it up.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I didn't see any parts like that in the catalog. Maybe it's something he plans on adding. Maybe you can also take it to the shop and get it fixed in the mean time. I'm currently waiting for him to fix my alignment, brakes and windshield. I don't want to mess with alignment, I know I clamped every nut on the brakes and filled up every reservoir but they still don't work. The windscreen got bashed out when I clicked to install the dashboard.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
What this game needs is the ability to lie on the ground to get under your jacked up car. And also for the scissor lift to fail and crush you to death.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Make sure you've bolted everything.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The bugs aren't that bad and even when you get one it's not that annoying. Aside from one or two people mentioning they constantly fall through the map. It's all part of the adventure. This is an early access game so take that into account.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
It's 3 am and I'm not tired enough to sleep. I can drink the booze in the shed, that should raise my fatigue enough to sleep a bit. I didn't follow my Air Force training and didn't make a plan. I drank the booze first before setting up the flashlight. I had planned on putting it on the trailer but that wasn't going to happen so I threw it on the ground. Took 3-4 tries before I got it pointing the right direction.

Let's start chopping.

I accidentally threw away my axe.

gently caress this I want to go home.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Vando posted:

Fixed my lack of drive issues, but couldn't solve the brake problems so drove to the garage, only to be rear-ended by some boy racer nerd and die.

Resurrected at the church, drank a million beers, passed out, woke up at home, drove the truck to tow the car back, ran out of fuel, stole the garage dudes car, towed my car back, and now the game is bugged and won't advance past Wednesday so the garage repairs never happen.

A+ bullshit of life sim would swear profusely again

That explains it. My game keeps going back to Friday. I just loaded it up and it said Monday and then flashed back to Friday.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I love how you can save up a bunch of fatigue to sleep until the next morning and then it wakes you up at 2am for the loving drunk guy. Now I have no fatigue so I can't sleep and nothing to do.

Also I'm pretty sure the extra gauges break the windscreen.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
It's not bad and you can easily push the car if it slides on the lift.

The septic truck is truly the best vehicle. You can't die in it. It's just like Finland in dirt rally. Put the front wheel into the ditch on the side of the road and it digs in and carries you around the corner.

Cojawfee fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Oct 28, 2016

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Pick up the very end of the hose, drag it over to the tray on the right side. When it says "put away hose" left click. Don't drive really fast with the hose dragging. I did that and it caught on some random polygon and sent my truck flying. I was perfectly fine of course because you can't die in that beast of a machine. God drat I love that truck. I'm still waiting on a new windscreen on my Satsuma and I'm worried I won't like driving it as much as the septic truck.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
You aren't really stealing the car since he lets you borrow it. It's also a poo poo cat with controller steering.

You can make a lot of money with wood. I chopped a bunch and made over 2k. Probably the same time as the farther out sewage jobs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Ask me how I know what the abbreviation for M-F in Finnish is.

• Locked thread