Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO
star control 2 the ur-quan masters mentioned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

nice

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Kit Walker posted:

Different Country Diary

Even just moving a family's belongings can take several days. It's much worse having to sort through their things and dealing with the all the emotional debris

One of the many things I love about this comic is how it is unapologetically willing to take a ton of time for mundane stuff and let things build up and come out in a way that feels really natural. Just two people cleaning up a house with a little musing on the side which then hits all the much harder because you've been distracted by the mechanics of it all.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
Rainbow in the Dark

That's it for volume two! Next time, we'll move on to the third, final and longest volume!

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
cars are normally about as wide as 8 people standing shoulder-to-shoulder, right?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Dieting Hippo posted:

I can hear the alarm music here.
Also the kickstarter for the real Star Control 3 just went up, by the original creators of Star Control. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pistolshrimp/free-stars-children-of-infinity

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Raluek posted:

cars are normally about as wide as 8 people standing shoulder-to-shoulder, right?

mad max 2 sounding just right

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Kit Walker posted:

Yeah it’s definitely set up to look like grandpa was gonna become villainous after understanding humanity but, psych, he’s actually a wholesome planet-spanning alien life form. You weren’t wrong, though, the antagonist is a water planet, it’s just the other one

Yeah! It seemed like the comic was setting up a "oh, you want to teach me what hate is? Well sure - time to kill everyone!" twist. I'm glad the grandpa planet didn't end up being evil, though!

Hahaha

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Synthbuttrange posted:

please let this happen.

She should have thrown him overboard with weights when she had the chance.

Keelhauled until there is nothing left to keelhaul.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

anyway been tossing this around in my head and its finally come together VERY VERY late.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Nothing with pants to wear can call itself tengu.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Osmosisch posted:

One of the many things I love about this comic is how it is unapologetically willing to take a ton of time for mundane stuff and let things build up and come out in a way that feels really natural. Just two people cleaning up a house with a little musing on the side which then hits all the much harder because you've been distracted by the mechanics of it all.

:yeah:

It helps that the dynamic from the get go is fraught with emotional landmines. It's about as messy of a situation as you can get without veering into soap opera territory. Dead parents, sort of estranged aunt who has her own complicated feelings about the deceased, a teenager who still has to deal with being a teenager. There's a lot to deal with just under the surface and the plot gives it all time to breathe so when one of those landmines come up it's always unexpected and hits hard, even if it's very subtle and understated sometimes. Also helps that the two leads are very charming. You just kinda want nice things to happen for both of them

Different Country Diary

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
Beank and Rosa: Shadowcrawl!

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Well hoot, I don't know if I can say no to that
Prince Valiant in the Days of King Arthur (March 10, 1946)

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Kit Walker posted:

Different Country Diary

this is the kind of slice of life stuff I read this thread for. just people doin things, havin feelings.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
Me & You

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Well hoot, I don't know if I can say no to that

Synthbuttrange posted:

I can hear the alarm music here.
Also the kickstarter for the real Star Control 3 just went up, by the original creators of Star Control. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pistolshrimp/free-stars-children-of-infinity

Raluek posted:

This is America, we can get you a 12-man-wide or a 20-man-wide car if you want. The sky's the limit! :clint:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Tiger, Tiger

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020
Jamis and Remy are endgame.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Hyouge Mono Ceremony 73: My Song Is Your Song

Sasuke still hopes that Rikyu and Hideyoshi can be reconciled, he's very sweet for a medieval military aristocrat :>

The Dragon, the Hero and the Courier Episode 37.2: Verification Office's Conquests

Imagine Groundhog Day if Bill Murray needed to fight a level 99 groundhog at the end of each loop.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

btw the vase sasuke got is called yonaga and is a big cultural treasure in japan, a lot of tea ceremony vases copy its design

like this gilded one you can see at the met

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Oh, that's cool, I wouldn't have gotten that reference :o

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

i was reading nobunaga no chef and it appeared there too so i had to look it up :shobon:

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
Since the current book of Dolmistaska just finished (well actually the last page of the chapter is next week, but the comic updates reliably enough and is responsible enough with the backlog that I know it won't skip an update), it's time to catch up.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

this is the kind of slice of life stuff I read this thread for. just people doin things, havin feelings.

Talking about committing outrages against humanity

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020

Bro Dad posted:

btw the vase sasuke got is called yonaga and is a big cultural treasure in japan, a lot of tea ceremony vases copy its design

like this gilded one you can see at the met

Hyuge Mouno makes me want to take a Japanese Art History course just to appreciate it more.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yaaaay!

I followed the author's tumblr where instead of Dolmestika updates I was getting lots of drawings of pouty lipped goth twinks instead.

I'm not complaining.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Digamma-F-Wau posted:

Since the current book of Dolmistaska just finished (well actually the last page of the chapter is next week, but the comic updates reliably enough and is responsible enough with the backlog that I know it won't skip an update), it's time to catch up.

I forgot how great this thing was. It's single handedly crafted the genre of "frozen spooky 80's anarchist turbeaux-Canadian dystopic Sony mall-punk." I got a surprise when I saw that it was black and white because I distinctly remembered the green and purple aurora light of the outside scenes, and the fading 80's brown of the inside scenes.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

"Turbeaux-Canadian", heh.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Dieting Hippo posted:

:hellyeah:

SOUBOUTEI
MUST
BE
DESTROYED

???? Must Be Destroyed: 3 (+1)

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Shut it with all the tedious manga, Dolmistaska is back!

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Oh? Can't I tempt you with another chapter of -

One Day Outing Foreman chapter 46: Car Trip

vrm vrm

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Miyamoto lookin spiffy in his jacket

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Osmosisch posted:

Talking about committing outrages against humanity

your weird aunt say "I'll look after you unless you, idk, murder puppies or something" is pretty realistic tbh.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Synthbuttrange posted:

anyway been tossing this around in my head and its finally come together VERY VERY late.

Dunno if I made this clear in the drawing but this is an unofficial non-canon Green's Birds entry.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Synthbuttrange posted:

Dunno if I made this clear in the drawing but this is an unofficial non-canon Green's Birds entry.

TOO LATE IT'S CANON NOW

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Tengu Japonicus

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
I've got the last five Green's Birds written, I just have to draw them. Then I can be free of this curse

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Synthbuttrange posted:

That's what it was! The style was ringing a bell but I just couldn't place it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Emzedoh posted:

That's what it was! The style was ringing a bell but I just couldn't place it.

its what happens when I have too much adhd to complete projects in a timely manner and ends up being months late (it turned out to be fixable and not actually adhd but thats another story)