Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Minnie, post your account

endlessly relateable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

So what happened with Angel Catbird? I'd grown fond of that ridiculous comic

Helios Grime posted:

First of all, lol at that plan being thwarted so quickly, secondly, drat they got over their friend literally being ripped in half pretty fast.

Yeah I'm like, weren't you literally just flirting with her like a minute ago? Ice cold, man

SOUBOUTEI
MUST
BE
DESTROYED

I'm sure you could figure it out if you thought about it for 5 seconds, Takoha

Kit Walker has a new favorite as of 14:31 on Mar 28, 2024

Fagtastic
Apr 9, 2009

I may have sucked robodick, fucked a robot in the exhaust, been fucked by robots & enjoy it to the exclusion of human partners; at least I'm not a goddamn :roboluv:

Kit Walker posted:

I'm sure you could figure it out if you thought about it for 5 seconds, Takoha

Why would he be able to figure anything out? All that stuff he saw was obviously just dreams. Just some silly old normal dreams he had.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Slime

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
Sausage Cosplayer: Part 2

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

I hope it's just a cute lil Aibo or something :ohdear:

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
i hope its a big monster that KILLS them

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I miss Val :(

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

:same:

Between that and Joey's Unusual Travels not being posted anymore, there's hardly any thinly-veiled homoeroticism in in this thread at all!

(There is definitely a lot of overt homoeroticism still being posted, to be clear, but it's not quite the same)

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

barbecue at the folks posted:

Man, Sōji got dealt a rough hand. Wiki noted that his Secret Tea Book is associated with the saying "ichi-go ichi-e" (一期一会) or "one time, one meeting" which is a rather Zen idea that every get-together, even if it is with the same people, is unique and in that sense the only one, so you should (mentally and otherwise) prepare for every tea session and enjoy it as if it were the only time you are going to meet your guest(s). drat you Hyouge Mono for actually getting me interested in the philosophy behind the tea ceremony, it's such a good comic.

Glad you're enjoying it! I don't know about the real life guy, but I suspect Hyouge Mono's Sōji (hah, copy-pasted your accented version) might have lived a little longer if he had just been a little more flexible. That's the tragedy, though - he had just started on that journey working with the Hojo, he wasn't far enough along. Not enough character development!

Hyouge Mono Ceremony 67: Initials M.D.

Guys, I think Date Masamune must not be taken lightly. Anyway, notice he's having his head shaved - he was rocking a full head of hair in his last appearance, he must be doing that to fit in better with the central warrior aristocrats. Wikipedia says an unshaved pate and beard was considered manly and militaristic in the earlier Warring States period, but by this point had become uncivilised and barbaric.

The Dragon, the Hero and the Courier Episode 34: The Bandits, Diplomacy and the Courier

The plan was too clever for its own good. Also, again - Yoshida looks delicate, is tough. Also also, Sig you dropkick.

Bonus pages:

Ino's fault again.

Technocrat
Jan 30, 2011

I always finish what I sta

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Hah, Pan wizards and they've got little horns. It is a pun, or a play on words.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Emzedoh posted:

Hah, Pan wizards and they've got little horns. It is a pun, or a play on words.

Also, pipes.

Pan-Pipes.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Conveniently, also my new reaction to groanworthy puns

Also, pipes.

Pan-Pipes.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

also you can cook things in them

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Also, pipes.

Pan-Pipes.

Ah, I missed that! That's why he has two pipes!

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
no he has two pipes to establish him as a threat, since we had previously assumed Isaac's single pipe would make him invincible in matters of trivia

all the pan puns are secondary

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

They're also presumably pan instead of ace.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Emzedoh posted:

Hah, Pan wizards and they've got little horns. It is a pune, or a play on words.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Unlike people living on a disc supported by four elephants standing on a turtle, I have access to spellcheck.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Kit Walker posted:

So what happened with Angel Catbird? I'd grown fond of that ridiculous comic

i also would like to know

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
He had to go. His home planet needed him.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.

Helios Grime posted:

First of all, lol at that plan being thwarted so quickly, secondly, drat they got over their friend literally being ripped in half pretty fast.

Kit Walker posted:

Yeah I'm like, weren't you literally just flirting with her like a minute ago? Ice cold, man

Yeah the tonal whiplash going between the sneaking mission to the woman being ripped in half (as well as the abruptness of the plan going wrong) is real, though there's also definitely some thread pacing happening here, so let's see more

Rainbow In The Dark

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Man, people just keep doing suicide attacks in this comic, what's up with that?

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
i haven't fully reread the comic before posting but if i remember right, uhhhh, stay tuned!

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Oh boy

One Day Outing Foreman chapter 38: In Tokyo

Mission complete.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

The Vagabond of Limbo

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

What the actual gently caress

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
For a long time now I've felt that Hitler was too weak.. Too indecisive, too human?

Oh no, this is a terrible AV post combo.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Okay so the caterpillar is loving up reality I guess? RIP hollywood

Axel is going to whisk Chimeer away then she'll remember she's just playing a part and too bad.

Shaking lemur butt
Jan 5, 2015

:haw: :v: :ohdear: :cool:

Jolyne Cujoh posted:

Rainbow In The Dark

Elon Musk??? Huh, makes sense actually.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Tree Bucket posted:

I had a shot at A Squeakend At The Ratwood

e: also PREPARE YOURSELF for the next big plot twist in Angel Birdcat!!

Still grabbing this I've just been too busy to resize etc.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
The only other time I say that... Is when I'm making sweet love to my wife!

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Tiger, Tiger

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
Sausage Cosplayer: Part 2

No cute aibos here, I'm afraid!

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
Video Game Cheats n' Beatums

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Hyouge Mono Ceremony 67: Initials M.D.

Two new characters here: I suspect a Japanese audience might know the hat guy's name, he's Kōetsu Hon'ami (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hon%27ami_K%C5%8Detsu), a craftsman of significant repute. The kid doesn't have a Wikipedia page but yeah, he's another historical figure, this time a famous architect (https://www.japanesewiki.com/person/Masakazu%20KOBORI.html). We'll see both of these characters fairly regularly from now on.

The Dragon, the Hero and the Courier Episode 35: The Forest, the Hunt and the Experience Points

That monk was from way back in the first chapter, by the way. Make sure to always purchase your save points from doctrinally correct Catholic clergy!

Emzedoh has a new favorite as of 19:07 on Apr 2, 2024

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

The Internal Riches

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

On a roll with the body horror-ish stuff latley fritz! I forgot to say I liked the slime guy, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Oh my god, that's such a weirdly deep cut. The pixel guy is the protagonist from Final Fantasy 2. That game was a bit of an oddball in the series, as there was no actual leveling system. Instead you could gain stats depending on what you did in battle. If you took a lot of damage during one fight, you'd gain more hp. Hit with weapons a lot, your strength would go up. Magic for magic ability, etc. Comically, this meant that the best strategy for growth was to get into a random battle outside the first town and have your characters beat the poo poo out of each other, heal up, then repeat. With a bit of effort you could get enough health to sail through the rest of the game and your other stats would naturally build in the right direction in the process