Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I really need a follow-up examining the ear behavior as simultaneously experienced by multiple observers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

PYF comic: What the hell does "Sluggo is lit" even mean?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

drat, I love extra fab but that's a really good case for only the first two panels being necessary.

As recompense, here's one where I love every panel.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Slimy Hog posted:

Can we not just have 50 posts going back and forth about these comics? Everyone knows they're good.

*points to picture with words* "It accurately reflects the minutiae of our existence"

*also points to picture with words* "However, it does so in a repetitive and formulaic manner"

"I must express my opinion about the picture with words despite many others already doing so"

[in unison] "It is part of the ritual"

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

:emptyquote:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Why would you even name a cat after a dying comedy/discussion website, that's just cruel and offensive

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

:hmmyes:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Oh, it was just a joke on inverting Garfield Minus Garfield for a strip without Garfield, which amounts to the same thing in the end.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Korgan posted:

The comic works on so many levels. You're a true artist Captain Hygiene

All interpretations of edited comic copyright (c) 2019 me

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Len posted:

It's me, I'm the curmudgeon that thinks it's not really funny and her preschooler sucks and should feel bad.

:colbert:

Still, better than MM&O

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

The Memento of comics

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

That's a strange name for a blowie contest

Sure, but at least my experimental "blow constantly and apply gradually increasing pressure" technique will finally get some use.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I read through Kill Six Billion Demons last time someone brought it up here. It's mostly really good (especially the world design, which is some amazing art and ideas)

But it also runs into the same problem pretty much any longrunning webcomic has, every page is so quick that I just feel like dropping it for a couple years after catching up, just so there's a reasonable amount of plot to digest.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

sinburger posted:

When the artist isn't busy with life stuff, they update twice a week which is a pretty reasonable pace given the quality of the updates.

Oh yeah, it's not on them, it's me. I just can't stay invested enough to keep up long term for one page updates a few times a week, I have to just forget it for a while and catch up in a big chunk.

I appreciate the huge amount of skill and work that goes into drawn stuff like that, I just feel bad because even when I completely love it each page is only like 30 seconds or a minute of my time.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

The Moon Monster posted:

TBF this page is clearly just ripping off that new-ish James Cameron movie.

There's plenty more interesting and creative stuff but my :effort: ran out while image searching.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Honestly, I'm finding the Hitmen art painful to look at, but in its case the story is interesting enough that I'm getting pulled along in spite of it. I really wish it was something more than bleh MSPaint though, some of the non-human stuff is OK but most of it (so far) is really bad.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I'm the moob blessed with the gift of speech

e: in the comic

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I'm starting to think he may not be a real doctor!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Oh cool, for some reason I thought she quit a while back. Yeah, some are great and the worse ones are usually more just "meh" than anything outright bad.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Can't stop me from jerkin it to those fox legs!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

By popular demand posted:

Well that comic is a straight up suicide note.

As always, Garfield Minus Garfield straight up does a better job at distilling the weirdness/existential angst in the originals to present it in a better, more condensed form.

Captain Hygiene has a new favorite as of 21:14 on Sep 2, 2019

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Irrationally angry at the perspective in the final panel of that one.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Sanford posted:

Something really interesting happening behind that telly

:shrug:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

marshmallow creep posted:

How even can you have a word that means "become like unto a daddy long legs?" That is next level.

I love Finnish, the great thing about it is that it's so different from any language I'm familiar with that I haven't the slightest idea whether facts like that are 100% true or made up on the spot.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Der Kyhe posted:

My personal favorite, being native to the language, is that mutsiis, can be both "anyhow" and "into your mother". It takes some grammatical liberties but what in Finnish doesn't. :D

Mutsiis, aloitetaan. == "Anyhow, lets start."
Työnnä se vaikka takaisin mutsiis. == "Why don't you push it back into your mother."

:haw:

I was fortunate enough to stay in Helsinki for a while as a student, I loved it but never had time to learn more than some words for basic greetings/shopping/etc, but I figured there'd be a lot of traps like that if I were to learn it conversationally.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

That's true, the acts of terrorism against Mrs. Feeney were a tragedy that also brought our nation to its knees that week, but they started before 9/11 itself.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

:hmmyes:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Slimy Hog posted:

It's like his face is claccid

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

random garfield is here to save us from Far Side/Copyright Chat #5782
e: and also those

https://twitter.com/garfieldpicture/status/1172993458442821635

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

MNIMWA posted:

do you think the little minotaur demon is giving him the coin or is he stealing it?

That's actually great, it's pretty cute in the first sense but I didn't notice how the dad looked in the last panel until I reread it.
:3::hf::black101:

Captain Hygiene has a new favorite as of 17:02 on Sep 20, 2019

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Jerry Cotton posted:

THAT CLOCK IS GRANDFATHER

It's a metaphor for old people

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Blurred posted:

That line was about T-Rexes not about raptors.

T-rexes are adult velociraptors :colbert:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Sunswipe posted:

Are they scaley like snakes or smooth like sharks?

Yes

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

Also almost certainly bullshit.

Wasn't it sorta just handwaved in with "well, frogs are like that, and we plopped in some frog dna, so...." in the book? I think it somehow just made it into the movie from there as a random Dino FactTM everyone remembers but without the pseudoscientific reasoning behind it.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Scathach posted:

The frog DNA accounted for the dinos switching sexes to breed in the wild, had nothing to do with the sight of the T Rex.

Oh drat, got it all jumbled around in my memories I guess.

As penance here's a pretty good dino comic.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Beachcomber posted:

None of the kitty facts indicate the cartoonist has any firsthand experience with cats.

I mean, they're all technically possible, if you're lucky at kittens.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

bony tony posted:

The gently caress is beef Manhattan

His real name's Jon.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

:shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU