Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

I think the first one was posted earlier, but not any of the delightful follow-ups!

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer

KennyMan666 posted:

There actually are even more of them, including the conclusion where we get to meet Tony Lazuto himself.

Aw, I was going to post them gradually...

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer

RareAcumen posted:

I had no idea there were more than the first one, this rules

Yeah, they really make you laugh!

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Woebin posted:

Not to police your posting, but this seems kinda rude.

Eh, it's not like I have exclusive rights to these comics. I just thought it would be funnier to spread them out, so you don''t see it coming.

Anyway, the Tony Lazuto artist makes other cool comics as well:

Haha, that imgur collection is nowhere near complete. I still have a few tricks up my sleeve!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

SimonChris has a new favorite as of 08:36 on Mar 15, 2021

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer
These edits are almost better than the real Lazuto comics.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer

SimonChris posted:

Haha, that imgur collection is nowhere near complete. I still have a few tricks up my sleeve!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Haha, good one! I don't know if the mods misunderstood, or if they just thought it was funnier this way. Either way, I am happy to have this as the sole entry on my rap sheet :).

This one was posted AFTER the conclusion, so there is hope for fresh Tony Lazutos in the future!

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Edit: Maybe in too bad taste....

Someone call GBS. This could be an amazing photoshop thread.

SimonChris has a new favorite as of 20:08 on Mar 15, 2021

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Ok, I've removed it for now (even though I don't see how it's fundamentally different than burexas.irom's pic).

Have some more comics, to keep the thread on topic:

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer
https://forums.somethingawful.com/banlist.php?userid=135136

I wouldn't want to ruin my perfect rap sheet, so I'll play it safe :).

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Well, that's all folks! I can't find any more Tony Lazuto comics that haven't either been posted or linked on imgur. I actually like this ending better than the official one. It's more poignant.

The remaining comics are also available at the artist's web page at: https://www.eldercactus.com/organized-crime-is-evolving/

You can purchase all your Tony Lazuto merchandise from https://www.redbubble.com/people/eldercactus/shop?artistUserName=eldercactus&collections=1300791&iaCode=all-departments&sortOrder=relevant

SimonChris has a new favorite as of 09:47 on Mar 16, 2021

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer

I don't know how I missed this.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Zen Pencils seem to have fixed their archives, so I went and found this old favorite:

Winners throw away their life and marriage to play GoT LARP by themselves in the woods.

So inspirational...

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Another classic:

"If you are bullied,
Beat the bullies to death,
With a hammer."
- William Ernest Hensley

His absolute lack of understanding of the poems he quotes is downright surreal.

This one actually has several sequels, but I am not going to post those because they are just gross.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Splicer posted:

Fun fact: Stockholm Syndrome was invented to explain why the hostages were "irrationally" concerned that the police might run in and execute their apparently quite peasant and empathetic captors and possibly also accidentally the hostages. Also they got mad at the police afterwards! for teargassing them

Irrational hostage posted:

Yes, I was afraid of the police; what is so strange about that? Is it strange that one is afraid of those who are all around, in parks, on roofs, behind corners, in armoured vests, helmets and weapons, ready to shoot?

From: "See What You Made Me Do: The Dangers of Domestic Abuse That We Ignore, Explain Away, or Refuse to See"

Basically, the reason people like hostage takers better than cops is that hostage takers are better people than cops.

SimonChris has a new favorite as of 13:59 on Mar 22, 2021

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I don't know if I am the only one old enough to remember Yamara:

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer

SimonChris has a new favorite as of 19:55 on Apr 19, 2021

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer

CyberLord XP posted:

Do you like well drawn fantasy post apocalyptic Scandinavian webcomics with magic and trolls and cats? You do! Well that is pretty specific genre but here you go:

The style of the first page kinda reminds me of the classic Lord of the Rings illustrations by Queen Margrethe II of Denmark:

Say what you will about our beloved queen, but she draws a mean Nazgûl. It's a pity she didn't get into webcomics.

SimonChris has a new favorite as of 19:14 on Jul 19, 2021

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Post Your Favorite (or Request): I'm existing just for listing!!! › The video I saw, years ago, of an orangutan being recused from a brothel still haunts me.

Edit: Is that too long? Maybe just "An orangutan being recused from a brothel still haunts me."

SimonChris has a new favorite as of 20:20 on Jul 19, 2021

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer

By popular demand posted:

Those Queen Margrethe illustrations are amazing, I hope to see the day when an adaptation based on these would be made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOVCIvpRaTE

She did découpage sets for an adaption of H.C. Andersen's "The Wild Swans" some time ago. I would love to see a higher-budget international production with this kind of art style.

http://www.meridian.org/wildswans/aboutartist.html

SimonChris has a new favorite as of 20:54 on Jul 19, 2021

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Apparently, this is with Watterson's approval. There is a long ongoing storyline, not just a few joke strips.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer
It is a bit hard to read, but Bloom County has always been a left-leaning comic, so I definitely don't think he is trying to imply that being progressive is bad.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer

SimonChris has a new favorite as of 13:37 on Jul 23, 2021

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer

SimonChris has a new favorite as of 09:31 on Jul 23, 2021

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer

https://twitter.com/bloomcounty/status/1421285390544220164

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Lol, if you don't have your doge Enrico sack Byzantium for you!

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer

By popular demand posted:

Those Queen Margrethe illustrations are amazing, I hope to see the day when an adaptation based on these would be made.

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1432607189215162372

It's not LOTR, but it is a fantasy movie (decoupage counts as comics, right?).

SimonChris has a new favorite as of 13:41 on Aug 31, 2021

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Dicebox - Book One: Wander
Chapte 1: Pre-ramble

SimonChris has a new favorite as of 07:22 on Oct 1, 2021