Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I am glad that it's just comics now, instead of funny comics. The thread needed that bit of transparency.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

fullroundaction posted:

I was going to post some Red Meat comics for my favorite skull/skeleton related content, but I just realized that they're not even funny. Why did I think these were the best in the early 2000s?

Because there weren't a whole of online comics in those days that had a bizarre sense of humor and involved casually insulting, hurting and killing people.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

That can't be a modern SMBC comic. Just two panels, not a small novel worth of dialogue.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Sloober posted:

This is bad and has made me irrationally angry

It really is the "2017" that seals the deal.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

What is THIS? A comic for ants?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

meat on a Friday posted:

The people in twitch chat can be pretty mean. You need thick skin to tolerate streaming.

[insert fat joke]

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

https://www.keenspace.com

ALL the comics

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Nitrox posted:

Is it 2 different guys, one's a clown and another one a hitman? Because, their phone number is off by 1 digit, while fax number is identical.

C'mon dude, this isn't Perry Bible Fellowship rocket science.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

starkebn posted:

there is a key & peele sketch which is basically this, wonder if one sparked the other

Great minds think alike.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leL_bsHEZdM

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Retrospective.

Can they go back like ten years and stay like that, thanks.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

No, I mean go back exactly ten years to this art-style.

Maybe they can keep their current jokes.

Mierenneuker has a new favorite as of 23:17 on Apr 22, 2017

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

That's a very problematic post.

I mean, it's clearly not the intent of the thread to post bandes dessinées.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Might I recommend some TIMG tags or just linking to an Imgur gallery.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Writing a French accent but not not removing the Hs at the start of words? Amateur stuff.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Why are we all spoiler-tagging a movie that is good but has been out for more than 15 years? Ah well....

The animal possession thing is indeed a twist. Right after possessing Denzel's body he is still in panic mode and desperately tries to flee the area/find Denzel's carkeys (thrown into the forest). After Denzel dies and Azazel goes airborne he hovers for a bit and then goes towards the cat's nest. The only time you saw the cat before was during Denzel's first visit to the house, upon arrival it is seen running away and hiding under the house. It is explained during the movie that Azazel obtains the knowledge of its host.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Besesoth posted:

If I had to guess, I’d say he can’t survive very long outside a host, and without Denzel’s knowledge of where the cat was, he’d have to go and find an animal which might have taken too long.

Correct. I actually watched Fallen less than a week ago and they read some ancient literature that Azazel can travel up to 500 ells* in that single breath after a host dies. The part about animal being potential hosts is not mentioned in those books.

*1 ell = Metric system: 94.1318 cm / Imperial system: 1.03 international yards, approx. 37.1 inches. Thanks Wikipedia.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We need a terrible strip of that new Nancy comic to balance out all this current awesomeness!

Wait, that's not it... darnit.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Anthropomorphic creatures about to eat themselves are a fast food staple. I used to think statues of them were just a common thing in my corner of Europe, but apparently they have them in NA as well.

Mierenneuker has a new favorite as of 19:23 on Apr 25, 2018

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Besides grandchildren Lost Odyssey also has mother and son.

...which might be a bit confusing if you don't know some of the main characters are immortal.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

It feels like every time someone links to Nu-Nancy in this thread I read all the comics since the previous time and I always find one that makes me go holy poo poo: https://www.gocomics.com/nancy/2018/05/27

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Krankenstyle posted:

check out the clown tool, wtf is that thing

I think it was supposed to be a (Olympic?) torch, but the colorist turned it into a horn to toot.

It’s also very out of character for Heathcliff to not step on the grass.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

If Goof is their last name it clearly is Goofy Goof. So in other words, his parents were assholes.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

I liked it better in its first years where it was mostly a single panel comic with the text written under it being the punchline. As opposed to "several panels with an enormous amount of words, last panel has the punchline". I guess I just don't have the patience for more than 4 panels.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Edit: Oh, I think I made the same joke here.

Mierenneuker has a new favorite as of 16:42 on Mar 16, 2019

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Nothing against Mixer, it's an acceptable streaming service I guess (never used it but my wife has), but lmfao at going Mixer exclusive because nobody watches Mixer

He is getting paid by Mixer. They’re throwing money at him in (what I assume are) the hopes people start using the platform and migrate.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Nastyman posted:

Gamers rise up

I assume this is from before he killed an unborn child?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Sunswipe posted:

Someone posted this to a Facebook group, and I've spent all day wondering what it means.

Maybe they misheard some lyrics.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrI-UBIB8Jk

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Slimy Hog posted:

That's why it's so terrible, if you're gonna cover a song you gotta do it your own way, not just redo the original.

Veib posted:

Yeah, like the Pitbull version

Be careful now, I came this close to embedding it. Other goons might not have the willpower to restrain themselves!

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Nitrox posted:

If you not a moderator, you not embedding poo poo

You know what I meant, don't be pedantic :argh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhfnTs0RZLs

You made me do this! :colbert:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Many of you feel sorry for this clock.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecTUnfHyj8k

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Beachcomber posted:

Iirc, the second half of that tale was hastily thrown together after negative reaction to the first half.

The title of the video is “IKEA Lamp Spike Jonze (2002 and 2018)”.

I actually didn’t know that second spot existed until today. It just happened to be the second result, the first one being 240p.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

azsedcf posted:

Yes, but how much money do you get for killing those people?

If you press often enough, all the money in the world!

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Der Kyhe posted:

She sent they boys to be taken care by their uncle because their father had an accident and needed peace and quiet.

Also, in Rosa-Barks canon we also get to meet Donald's father and mother, who by the way was also Scrooge's sister, and parents of several of the other main characters. Its only the Disney USA, which has that "no direct offspring"-policy because Disney EU sure as poo poo is not afraid of showing someone being someones child, or showing someone visiting their parent's gravesite. Donald's mom for example, is buried at the family graveyard at the Scottish McDuck estate.

Ah yes, the Duck family tree: https://scrooge-mcduck.fandom.com/wiki/Don_Rosa%27s_Duck_Family_Tree?file=Donald_Duck_Family_Tree.jpg

Although the version I had as a kid didn’t have the friends of the family bit.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Jerry Cotton posted:

Didn't air in Finland until the 90s so it really doesn't matter as Finland is the major Donald Duck country in the world :shrug:

What the quack did you just say?! The love for the Duck in Europe is pretty universal.

For example, we Dutch love Donald Duck so much that we had a knockoff duck, animated in Japan. We just couldn’t get enough duck otherwise.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s98v6J8cG3Q

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

I believe the previous time I saw this posted the consensus was it would be better without the third panel.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Afriscipio posted:

Where are they hiding the Athenian soldiers in this case?

It's a plan still in its early term.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

There are several better quality versions these days, but those mess up at some point and don't have the great pay-off. So here's the original.
Edit: Heavy spoilers for Heavy Rain, should you care at this point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0t0uCWjQ6Og

Mierenneuker has a new favorite as of 11:27 on Feb 10, 2020

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

beanieson posted:

Deathbulge is the best comic & I’ll fight anyone who disagrees

I’d fight you, but it would take at least 30 panels and I don’t have the time for that.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Skwirl posted:

Even if you ignore the racism (and that's a huge if), Tintin in Belgium is a deeply hosed up book. He kills a monkey and then wears it's skin as a disguise to infiltrate a group (herd, tribe?) of monkeys.

Wow, he really let himself go while at Antwerp Zoo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Missed opportunity to not go “all hands on dick”.