Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Tetracube posted:

oh this isn't the meme thread. well whatever

That's Thor, not Odin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I mean, assuming the doors are equally cagey, "hey truth door, where are the diamonds buried" and "hey lie door, where aren't the diamonds buried" should get you the same answer.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
missed opportunity for labeling the comic "sadgirlpoop" imho

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
You're couldn't have saved either. They're both dead.

Basic syntax. You could at least have taught your kid that much, dad fly.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Shut you're mouth :saddowns:

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Nastyman posted:

He shot that child in the head

Naw, he and and any objects he's manipulating never travel more than one panel at a time. Except for paper planes, but I would not hazard a guess as to how he could possibly aim that at the relevant panel from where he was standing.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Kennel posted:

How long until someone posts a screenshot of an obscure Japanese video game where one enemy is a shopping mall?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
It has a certain kind of raw sincerity that you either love or hate. A lesser artist would eventually have you question the core premise of whether he and his wife, Betty Boop (she is his wife), love each other as much as they think they do.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
idgaf about your basic testicle puns, I choose to believe that "ultrasonic agitation treatment" and "gnome toilet" are homonyms in Finnish.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
So, where can I read the comic about Blip, the melancholic blue orb? No matter what this dude says, I can't imagine it's anything shy of amazing.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

What does WC mean in Finland? Because that sure as hell looks like an unplumbed outhouse.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Phlegmish posted:

Europe actually is just a collection of countries and diverse beyond the epic goon memes about it, and far, far, far beyond 'wow these people 3,000 km away from us say pop instead of soda', and I still get annoyed when some European dumbshit is going on about how people in loving Seattle or wherever are probably dragging black people behind their pickup trucks, because they know nothing about the US other than general impressions and repeating what they've heard others say.

Not all Europeans do this. I know at least a dozen people who haven't made unflattering assumptions about Seattle.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
You may be corrected, but I only feel wronged.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

mrfart posted:

You live in Louvain-la-Neuve?

Museum is cool. It, ahem, forgets to mention some of hergé's history, though :)

I went to a comics museum in Brussels that definitely had a copy of a book that even my limited grasp of French could see was titled "Tintin versus the Negroes." I have to imagine it's just a book that other museums chose to forget.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

The original Tintin in Congo is incredibly racist, and I don't think museums really tried to hide it. But to my knowledge there's no album named that way. Maybe it was Tintin en el pais del oro negro (land of black gold)

I don’t think it was that, since I know enough French to understand “oro negro,” and I was with a French speaker who was not comfortable translating it beyond “yes, that says what you think it does,” but I have no idea what the book was. Maybe a poorly titled exploration of how his early works were problematic? Google is not helping me find it.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Then it was probably a parody/satirical book denouncing the racism of Hergé, since there are tons of Tintin pastiches around. That would also illustrate that the museum isn't so shy to denounce that period of his work.

That makes sense, yeah.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

RFC2324 posted:

Last person born in the 90s isn't going to be old enough to remember them, since they will only have been a few minutes old when they ended
:goonsay:

You say that like it's in any way a barrier to them sharing "90s kids" poo poo.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
It should have been Gamer Rusty Shackleford. Otherwise it's a sad ruse for which even Gamer Zero couldn't fall.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
You notice how there's three facial expression across all the panels and the last page is just a stock drawing of a flustered Jackie Chan and How I met Your Mother's Barney Stinson? Imagine instead of hand drawing any of that, you just slapped something together in MS Paint by copying and pasting those images from a different comic. It's exactly as hilarious as it sounds!

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

InediblePenguin posted:

it's just funny how i keep seeing people here explicitly complain in the form "he puts all these trans characters in" as if that is the problem, without elaborating on why it is a problem in order to make it clear that the issue is what you've said. there ARE folks who say what you've said and there are also folks who just point out that he fills his comic with trans characters, and that is the stated criticism they display, you feel me

The post in question contained the qualifier "white cis dude." I'm pretty sure you can infer from context what angle that complaint is from.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Apologies if it has already been posted amidst the gang tag requests, but anyone to whom that gorilla strip appears and who has not yet encountered it (which may be a narrow field), you may want to check out The Adventures of Dr. McNinja, which features, among its many ridiculous characters, a very professional gorilla with a driver's license. It is by former goon Chris Hastings, who is also the author of Gwenpool and The Wario Diaries, and is a completed webcomic.

Pastry of the Year posted:

OK, if you're a thread regular and want Drifting Gorilla to tell the rest of the forums that you have terrible/wonderful taste in comics, you have until 12 PM EST on 10/10 to let me know.

hmu please

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I still haven’t found the story of “Blip” the melancholic blue orb, but I hope to one day read it.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

uvar posted:

Somebody suggested https://www.spicyyeti.com/GODHEAD/ACT_1/prologue/6.html

(It actually starts five pages earlier but that's a red orb)

It has a blue orb and is incomprehensible and despite only reading about ten pages further I burst out laughing at something

It probably looks like poo poo on a phone screen

Also the alt text tooltips are helpful

Wow.

That is the most unreadable thing I have ever seen. I have no idea how that could work in any browser.

I gave up two pages in, but I will definitely give it another shot at some point. I respect that kind of dedication.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

John Lee posted:

Some storylines are polished to that sitcom (sittrag?) level

The proper abbreviation would be sittradge. I take no joy in reporting this.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Aramoro posted:

I do not speak Danish but I does it suggest that people that put raisins into buns should be sent to Auschwitz?

It suggests that raisin buns are “holocausts in my mouth” and that anyone who serves them are Hitlers trying to genocide your taste buds. Y’know, edgy humor.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

ookiimarukochan posted:

the UK had a prime minister who ran away from the circus to become an accountant not too long ago.

Had?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

By popular demand posted:

That I can handle, what this comic imagines is an actual sassy sapient cat having sexual relations with a (pathetic excuse for a) human.

This is horrible on levels you only find in the worst Japanese manga.

I mean, remove any of those adjectives and it becomes far more horrifying.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Len posted:

Nah they wouldn't spare my feelings, I'm the only one in there that things Gamer Dilbert is rad and good

So you agree that the majority the Discord's participants are not actually the best.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

CapitanGarlic posted:

You're thinking battery, not assault.

Both things are violence; you don’t have to lay a hand on someone for an act to be violent.

Tricking someone into looking at goatse is not a violent act. I dunno if there’s a specific term for it, but I’d class it the same as going out in full BDSM gear while your dom spits on and berates you, or more generic exhibitionist sex. You know, involving unwitting bystanders in your sexual gratification, without using force or the implied threat thereof.

Sexual indecency? Impropriety?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Paladinus posted:

Lol if you don't pronounce literally all words as screeeepeeepeeeeedingdingdinghrhrhrht.

:hai:

...wait, is that pronounced as "screeeepeeepeeeedingdingdinghrhrhrht" or "screeeepeeepeeeeedingdingdinghrhrht?"

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Johnny Aztec posted:

What is the artist trying to convey? What is the message here

Video games are fun.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Is this what crippling anxiety looks like? Can’t even muster up the nerve to Rambo into a group convo and lay down some cold hard opinions about how the coolest turtle was obviously the nerd who kicked rear end with a stick and wore a headband in the coolest color, purple?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Koburn posted:

Are you not going to post the rest of the pages? As much as I like the idea of Tails stuck in a hell dimension forever.

I like how there's absolutely no reason for this dude to go around dressed like a big spooky wizard, because all he did was show up and drop a Robotnik-made gadget on the ground. Literally anyone could have pulled this off, and someone less obviously sinister would probably have a better shot!

RareAcumen posted:

Yet another class sacrificed for football equipment in my high school. I was never informed about this one.

Wait 'till you find out why Coca-Cola gets the other half of its name!

Yes, it used to be made with actual cocaine, but now it's "only" using processed, cocaine-free coca leaves.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I have spent a year working as a high school teacher, and you both have it exactly right. All those tricks are super transparent to any adult sitting on the other end.

Usually I just offer helpful trouble-shooting and then mark the assignment as "not submitted" or "late submission" depending on how much eventually manifests.

E: The few times I've had students with actual technical problems, they e-mail me before the due date and have actually completed work to submit by the time I get back to them.

Zulily Zoetrope has a new favorite as of 21:30 on Jan 15, 2021

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I get it, but I don't love it.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Kennel posted:

Was there a reason for her wanting to kill preggo-men?

He's pregnant.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I cannot imagine being a person who would produce that, put in the punchline "no one forced you to draw the comics you did," nod sagely to myself that this is incisive commentary, and then publish it.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Assistant Manager Devil posted:

I wish to see more of the Garfinald timeline.

Spoilers:

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
It's spelled 'planned' in the first panel. Just a little art hiccup, which is inevitable when each panel is crafted individually with love and care, rather than the copy-pasted mess that has infested most modern cartooning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Fools Infinite posted:

Our Hopes, Our Dreams, Our Secret Fears

Wait, doesn't Reginald wear near-invisible gossamer pants woven by fairies? Did I just dream that?