Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Double Punctuation posted:

I wish I had the necessary gumption, wherewithal and autism to understand why you need to watch a children's cartoon in order to understand that comic

Calaveron posted:

Because I only superficially know who those characters are (one's from that kids show with the sentient illuminati symbol and the other's from adult swim's flavor of the week) and don't understand why they're together or the significance of him hating his brother in his reality but loving him in the other and why that makes him a terrible person

I wish I had the internet cred to prove how little I know and care about a thing people enjoy by posting just how much I don't know or care about it.

Maybe people would like me then, and see that they should only watch the things I watch and like the things I like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I liked this.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Farts are funny.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Ladies and Gentlemen. I present, jokes about poo and wee!

I hope you enjoyed them.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I'm the inexplicable jizz stains ruining these old comics.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Mods, change my name to Crompp.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Tetracube posted:

now I have even less of an idea what the gently caress is going on

The orange thing with blood on it's face opens a door. Angrily. In the room there is a robot monster that makes itself out of an ipod, or sheet of metal or something. Said robot monster attacks a dwarf, who screams to his friend for help. His friend cannot help him because tendrils come from the ceiling and floor and make a barrier between them.

I have no idea what the gently caress it all means, and less inclination to read the comic to find out the backstories for the dwarf, man and lumpy angry orange thing.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

A variation of hangman I used to do for the kids in my classes was a guy parachuting down and below him was a crocodile with an open mouth. With every wrong letter I would rub out one of the strings of the parachute.

The kids loved it. Especially year 3 and 4

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Absurd Alhazred posted:

They're called "comics", not "tragics". :nallears:

In the great tradition of "clowns" not "frowns".

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

my MMandO hot take:

Owl is the worst of them. Because whilst the others are just deplorable horrible selfish people wallowing in their own filth, they do not understand or feel ashamed of what they have done or what they are. Owl however, is just as bad as they are and has done things of comparable depravity. But he realizes how awful he is, and the situation he is living in, and yearns to be free of it, but cannot find the strength or the will to be free of it. So he is condemned to not only wade through the sewer pipe that is his, (and the others), existence, but be ashamed of it and further ashamed of himself for knowing how bad it is yet doing nothing to better himself.

Also it's funny to laugh at pathetic druggies, and their whacky pathetic adventures.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Johnny Aztec posted:

Yeah man, poo poo on the person trapped in an abusive relationship. Owl keep trying to better himself, he ends up getting sabotaged or betrayed by the others almost every time.
Megg and Mogg KNOW what they are doing. In one instance, they realize if Owl gets out of this, they lose their money train., so they continually drag him back down, so he can't escape.
Crabs in a bucket, mate.

Fair enough. Can I rephrase then?

Owl is the most pathetic of them. For he is the only one who knows how bad/depraved/lowly/sad their lives are, yet cannot for whatever reason find himslef a better one. Megg and Mogg may know what they are doing, but to them the filth is fun and cool. Even if they have moments of clarity about whatthey are doing to themselves, they want to keep doing it.

Owl doesn't want this life, and that what makes him the most tragic figure of them all.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Ralph Crammed In posted:

What's he bitching about now that Trump's president?

I have no idea who you are talking about but I can make an educated guess at: "Political Correct SJW librull satanic communist muslim foreigners"

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Randaconda posted:

I won't defend the last remnants of hair metal, like Winger, but Def Leppard and Bon Jovi and such were fine.

(I may also like Poison. :smithicide:)

Poison rules!

You know what else rules? Farts!

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Owl is the worst because, even though Megg and Mogg and WWJ do worse things and are shittier to him/themselves than he is, Owl has self awareness, and knows how lovely he is, yet chooses to stay and continue the cycle. M, M, & WWJ are lovely coz they know no better.

Oh, and also he is an alcoholic who once hosed a 13 year old he picked up in a park.

Although apparently in the current comics, he left and got out, so I suppose good on him.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Choco1980 posted:

Goon 1: I like the thing

Goon 2: Ha, what an idiot, thing is the worst and only idiot babies like it.

Goon 3: Goon 2 is such a loser, not realizing that thing is actually good. Checkmate. :smuggo:

--Literally all threads on this dead gay forums.

You forgot Goon 4: I literally don't know what that thing is, because it sounds popular and my tastes run in far more refined and cooler circles.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

The art looks familiar. Is that by the same guy that does the comic with the furry that makes dad jokes?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

rodbeard posted:

Goofy's son's last name is goof.

So Goofy is just Mr Goof Sr.'s nickname?

This lends the question, what is his first name?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Arrhythmia posted:

I mean, she can actually just be a lovely prostitute.

They usually charge extra for that.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

EdwardSwifferhands posted:

Don't diss the garbage ape.

I think you'll find that is actually the Rubbish Bin Bear.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I like the cut of Fancy Dan's jib.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

If your wee tastes sweet, you have diabetes. Olden days doctors used to taste wee to diagnose diabetes.

No magic was involved though, only science.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

This is done by the guy that does Steve Lichman yes?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Here are some stupid loving comics.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I would argue it's straight up bog standard "whataboutism". No need to overthink it.

i.e. "You are a bigot!"
"Whatabout Disney, Mel Gibson and Lovecraft eh? Checkmate libtard."

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

QUACKTASTIC posted:

Never don't not post larger Cutbu

e. Cutbus https://imgur.com/gallery/so98T

I always knew God had a rad moustache and no nipples.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I'm guessing that part's because Jim Davis himself grew up on a farm.

One of these days I need to post some Footrot Flats in here, a New Zealand comic strip about a dog (known as The Dog) and his farmer. It's got really nice art.

Footrot Flats rules! The movie was ACE, and they got John Clarke as a voice!

But Murray Ball, (the creator), turned out to be a miserable misogynist in his old age, and wrote at least one comic book about how feminism and/or PC culture is ruining the world etc.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Croatoan posted:

Google says it's the Women's Royal Naval Service :shrug:

Women? In my Royal Navy?

I don't care how much service they provide, I am still against it.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Paladinus posted:

Be the gender they are attracted to, develop a romantic relationship with them, marry them, have sex. This is the only way.

This seems like a lot of work. Can't I just pay them money to watch them play video games over the internet? Surely they'll gently caress me then.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Randaconda posted:

My dad died a few months ago :smugdog:

Must've been some boner.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Screaming Idiot posted:

Well there you go, Aussies speak a complicated language made of varying tones and volumes of the word "oval office."

Yeah nah mate.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

A little late, but here's a Christmas comic.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Groke posted:

Weird Al is a golden god. And if I ever find out something horrible about him, I'm done. Any other musician or writer I like, I could get over them turning out to be bad, but not him.
Well, he has been seen with a dead hooker.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Grendels Dad posted:

Cargo-culting yourself into being young again because being old sucks poo poo too.

gently caress you! Being old rules.

Can a youn'un say "Get orf my lawn?" No, the little snot probably doesn't even have a house, let alone a lawn.

Can a teen say "back in my day ...." That day was yesterday, you young bitch!

Does a young person get Senior discounts on public transport? gently caress no! You pay full price, (Unless you are a student, of course.)

Does a young person have debillitating arthritis as they sit in the same chair they have sat in for 35 years lonley and alone because all the people whom they ever loved have died? ....*sigh*

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Captain Hygiene posted:

Vampires aren't real, you guys :rolleyes:

Vampires turn into bats.
Bats are bugs.
Bugs are real.

Ipso facto therefore and subsequently and so on and so forth Vampires are real.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Re: Americans and walking/footpaths.

I have an ex-girlfriend who lives in Indianapolis, and I once went to visit her. So I was at her house, and said I was going to walk to the shops, which was about a 10-15 minute walk. She looked at me like I was crazy, and I had to nearly argue with her that yes, I wanted to go for a walk outside on a nice day and see her neighbourhood. And also when I went on that walk, I can confirm that the footpath was sporadic, so I was walking on the side of teh road constantly looking for cars.

And whilst I am whinging about America and the way it's populace gets around. Why do you people hate public transport? In the Indianapolis suburbs, there was maybe 1 bus, and that bus ran once an hour, and stopped running around 6PM. Which is of less than no use to anybody.

Comic tax:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Waiting for gamer dilbert to reference this amazing day in Scott's life

https://twitter.com/ScottAdamsSays/status/1282473172852305920?s=19

May she bleed him dry, and leave him to wonder why despite being so smart, and she being only a woman, he never saw it coming.