Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
blind alley have something, anything happen challenge (impossible)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
The Cloud Factory

And that was The Cloud Factory! Thanks for sticking with me. It's been fun!

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
yeah she contributed a lot of art during peak homestuck and was a frequent face on the se++ subforum of penny arcade. did/does(?) concept art for arenanet and some other games. never really was a straight answer for what happened with cloud factory. last kickstarter updates were circa 2017 which seemed to be the final backer rewards getting fulfilled, a few years after the previous update. who knows

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
oh though in googlin' around to see if there was anything ever said about it, i found a very weird article that i guess is a couple years old written by a high schooler(?) with an extremely harsh opinion on the whole endeavor.

https://www.theodysseyonline.com/cloud-factor-webcomic-author-alexandra-douglass-scam-artist-stop-funding

anyways the end, no moral

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
going old man mode

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
ohhhh metaphor

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
i read ahead on bugle call and man the most recent chapter is sorta wild

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
goodbye eri is so so so good lmao you are in for a loving treat

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Goodbye, Eri by Tatsuki Fujimoto

i hate these modern ya stories bastardizing vampires...

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
This part is sick

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
bugle call bout to pop off

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
if you had told me at the start of bugle call that there would be fights where characters slice through panels and leap off the empty page space i wouldnt believe you

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
lol i forgot about the dream in spirits circle

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
What's that one sludge knight page w/ the character doing a big pose that goes outside the panel borders

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Now he stands back up and grows wing. Phase 2

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
end of disc 1 baby. lavender jack forever

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Squidster posted:

Sludge Knight: Mito Kusahara Part Two

Well we learned a lesson today

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
my only real issue with star impact is that its sorta boring for the protag's special power in a world of stands/quirks/cursed techniques/devil fruit boxing to just be "big hit"

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
the black note is cool and i liked this arc a ton. i think its a villain that gets to be threatening in a pretty different way from the first acts conspiracy/tarzan

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
i know

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
That's trippy as hell. Idg the bit with the worm

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

the bit with the worm is the same story told from the perspective of the "incomprehensible" extradimensional being

That doesn't make sense

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

CheeseThief posted:

To the worm the human is an unimaginable existence, from the worm's perspective it was dying of thirst alone far from home when a being beyond its comprehension came. The worm was lifted up above its plane of reality (the word plane here being quite literal, the surface) at speeds impossible to its frame of reference only to be deposited safely at home. From the human's perspective they saw a little critter in trouble and gave it a hand.

Think of it like an alien encounter story where the twist is that the mysterious but benevolent entity is just a human as it would appear to something tiny, a mundane act of kindness would be interpreted as something alien and grand. I like these kind of stories, like if there's really intelligent life out there and it's more advanced than us that they would do something kind for a human even if it was incomprehensible to us.

the worm was just a few inches from grass...also humans are like people you can just see and get that they're alive. the worm would understand whats happening. i think this is an unintended reading

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
i hope its a big monster that KILLS them

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Lol

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
no. you may not

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
i've been reading askldhf;ah xmcnvxn. it doesn't make any sense