Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
And yet somehow neither is massively racist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Reminds me of the art by Geof Darrow in Hard Boiled.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
It comes from here as far as I can tell.

By Josan Gonzalez and Laurie Greasley.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

When the armtits get groped, do the hands and fingers stiffen up? Just askin, you know.

Maybe she has elbow nipples?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

If King wrote that they'd have hosed Pennywise

You mean, as opposed to the kiddie gang bang which was in the actual book?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I never liked liked anything about his work at all and never understood how so many people could consider him so great.

Twee bullshit, all of it.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

Guys I'm talking about the suspension bridge I legit can't wrap my head around how they work.

https://i.imgur.com/mVDCJkE.mp4

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Never noticed the hard on in the first panel before.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Brewmaster posted:

*edit* I guess I should post a comic. Here's one of Kate's that always reminds me of the meme thread

Clearly a fan of the Witcher.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJ_KtvVvolY&t=26s

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I've spent a whole bunch of time in Bendigo because I've got family up there and I can confirm it's a poo poo hole.

Bendigo is the horrible surprise you get while trying to drive to Ballarat.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Zil posted:

So what book would be like getting fisted by a truck. Asking for a friend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUhMLg-WCnI&t=94s

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Groke posted:

Homosexual reprodution is already well canonical in the case of manly barbarian dudes.

I miss Kronar.

Also, here's the comic in question of a man giving birth

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

drat straight, Mr Comic Rabbit :thumbsup:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
That's about as good a pun as we're likely to see in our lifetimes.

Bravo.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

ultrafilter posted:

I think they forgot to add a joke here.

To be fair, they also forgot to add art.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Everyone remembers Whomp, right? That funny comic about the really fat guy who loves McNuggets and thinks anime is blood.

Yeah, good times.

So, anyway.

I know it's for Halloween, but talk about a sudden swerve of an otherwise very PG comic.

Megillah Gorilla has a new favorite as of 13:15 on Oct 28, 2018

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Beachcomber posted:

Why does he wait for the bell?

Why does he have Kandor on his dresser?

It's where he kept the mysterious lump which grew out of his chest and was whispering at him to murder people.

Also, he stitched the lump into the guy he beat with the wrench.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Besesoth posted:

(Go give her pageviews and get the alt text. Often NSFW, it's not right now but if you're reading later, click at your own risk.)

It always annoys me that there's another alt text hidden under the image and, if you're not quick enough to read it before the comic loads, you can't see it again.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Well drat. Big thanks to both you and misguided rage :thumbsup:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Johnny Aztec posted:

I...I think it's supposed to be one of those absurdist non-jokes that short circuits something so it's at least amusing?

Like, your brain is expecting a joke, but theres such a non-joke that it circles around and your brain is fooled into thinking it's a joke?

I think it's because it's been so long since a Soul Calibre game last came out* that seeing the current year when playing a game in the series is noteworthy.

* I have no idea whether this is actually the case

EDIT: Last game came out in 2012 according to Wikipedia.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
C&H snow comics are the cream of the incredible crop that is every other C&H comic.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Peanut Butler posted:

I have never known until just now that I really wanna hear more of Kate Beaton's take on pregnancy

Kate Beaton is one of those marvellous people you can point to and declare that the world is a better place because they are in it.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Dude was offered drugs from god and turned them down.

Totally deserves the flaming locusts.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Heath posted:

The jokes are often totally baffling though

They're the jokes only a person who knows absolutely nothing about computers could make.

It's like watching a cargo cult who once found a tech magazine lying in the jungle.

Forever trying to bring back the magic of the shiny AOL disk.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Who What Now posted:

This one really annoys me because it should be "mouth bone".

Teeth aren't bone :eng101:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
What the hell is a "compressed biscuit tin" and how much noise can it make?

I thought it might be like a can of Pringles given how it looks, but I don't think those will pop if you open them by unrolling the cardboard.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Who What Now, your second image is giving me a security warning.

Wherever you're hotlinking from, maybe don't.

Okay, that's just bizarre.

It does help that what Americans call biscuits bear no resemblance to what biscuits are in the rest of the world. But still, that's a very strange design.

Fun. But strange.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

BrigadierSensible posted:

Footrot Flats rules! The movie was ACE, and they got John Clarke as a voice!

But Murray Ball, (the creator), turned out to be a miserable misogynist in his old age, and wrote at least one comic book about how feminism and/or PC culture is ruining the world etc.

Awww. I didn't need to know that :(

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Elfface posted:

Also a twitter embed cuts off parts of the image, in ways that are probably designed to force a clickthrough to read captions etc.

I really wish there was an extension or script which would rip the image out of twitter embeds. They're so bloody annoying :argh:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Ariong posted:

It’s a slippery slope, I tell ya. First we stop using gay as an insult, then autistic, and pretty soon there won’t be a minority group left that we’re allowed to insult people by comparing them to!

There'll always be weebs.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

e: I have to point out that there was no communication or coordination between us, as far as I can tell three of us independently and simultaneously posted "It's Massively Multiplayer & Online!"

And it was loving magical.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Was this the first use of "hands in the air like you just don't care"?

Word Up was released in 1986 and I can't find anything earlier.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Small mercies - at least the dad wasn't smiling in the final panel.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Absurd Alhazred posted:

https://twitter.com/dailycartoonist/status/1172655910000517120
Fodder for this thread coming soon, courtesy of Gary Larson.

He's going to come back as a chud, isn't he?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I'm going to give that Oglaf an A+ for inventiveness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Guessing he's never seen one from the other side.