Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Thanks for the OP, I've been on the fence for this since the first trailer dropped because it looked somewhat bland.

The last trailer with more of the "trippy" visual stuff looks cool so I will probably go watch this in a theater a couple weeks from now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Jonny_Rocket posted:

Thank you! I think it'll be worth it to see in theaters, especially with :420:

:hfive: For sure!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Jonny_Rocket posted:

What's wrong with Doctor Strange being an origin movie? I felt like this was the best route to go, since they had to introduce such complex characters and the concept of magic within the MCU.

It just makes the MCU seem even more rote.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Jonny_Rocket posted:

How so? While I understand not every new character introduced to the MCU needs an origin story, I don't really get this reasoning. Every one of the origin stories we've seen thus far have felt pretty different from one another (in my opinion), with the exception of how the story is structured.

I'm not saying anything about there being differences in content, I'm commenting on the structure itself. They clearly rely on the structure, or else it wouldn't get pointed out with the frequency it does. I'm sure it has a lot to do with the time tables for getting these movies out, but I think it's fair to point it out.

I haven't seen the movie, but maybe something as simple/superficial as telling the movie in a non-linear way would dispel the repetitive structure criticism. It just appears Marvel doesn't seem interested in trying that because the current structure does just fine.

I still plan to see this since the visuals keep getting such high praise.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Vision has been in two movies and they haven't to defined his power set/limitations.

And people seem fine with that

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Electromax posted:

Hopefully every MCU movie from now on ends with Strange showing up at the climax and rewinding the whole movie so nothing bad ever happens.

"Clean escapist fantasy"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

GonSmithe posted:

You should check out The Hunt if you'd like to see him acting to his full potential (in Danish).

Definitely do this. He's also in Pusher 1 and 2 which I also recommend.

• Locked thread