Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Electromax
May 6, 2007
Disney is just keeping their options open to merge the Harry Potter and Marvel cinematic universes down the road.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electromax
May 6, 2007
On the other hand, it would be possible to make a compelling movie about raccoon's youth leading to his association with the tree guy leading up to GotG.

I think it's reasonable to observe/be disappointed that Strange is apparently very similar to Iron Man, but I don't really think "ANY origin story = bad" is quite the same thing. In some ways everything from Rocky to Alien to Paranormal Activity is an origin story, but this particular proud man -> broken man -> better man -> superhero arc has been done in this franchise once or twice already.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
The main one I remember chuckling at was "have you seen that before in a gift shop?"

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Hopefully every MCU movie from now on ends with Strange showing up at the climax and rewinding the whole movie so nothing bad ever happens.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
There's already implied weirdness when he uses magic to restore the page of the book that was stolen - it doesn't retroactively prevent the bad guys from learning its contents or really affect much outside the book itself.

So I'd guess you'd end up outside the room, in the future relative to when you entered the room, because time passed outside the room as normal and it was only a local rewinding.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
It was the first cool scene that even represented what the infinity stones can do they're building up so much. The others just variously seem to make portals/give you ambiguous strength, and lots of other stuff in their world does that already.

What would be a 'whoa' application of the soul gem, for instance? Can they make them individually interesting in the movie I wonder?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Just make Death an imaginary being that only Thanos can see/talk to and play up him coming off like a creepy psycho when he talks to her in front of people.

• Locked thread