Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
Good fun. As everyone has said it's quite by the numbers structurally, some of the narrative pace is a little off, but everyone is likeable and the imagination and spectacle of the fights is off the charts. It's solid.

^ Drifter. Theres nothing like the Ronan scene. The scene hes referring to is a scene that turns funny once you realise what the gig is. It's less like that scene and much more like (huge conceptual spoilers) the death montage from edge of tommorow, which was pretty grim and then darkly funny and finally just straight up funny. The funny to grim flows kind of the other way around here though.

Pingiivi posted:

I'd suggest seeing a 3D version of this. The multiverse stuff is really cool with it.

It really is and it works well to making things feel infinite and it's occasionally just kind of breathtaking.

It made every fast cutting action scenes in the real world really hard to follow for me though.

ShineDog fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Oct 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!

Kal-L posted:

Look at how wrong this person is. :sad:

Just saw it, no 3-D, but given how some sequences turned out, I may be convinced to splurge on the extra money to see it again in 3-D.

I'm kinda divided on the action sequences: I understand that they didn't want it to just be Strange and the other wizards just going "Lightning bolt! Lightning bolt!" all the time and the whole portals and fractals are really nice. But c'mon, at least give me ONE sequence where he shoots energy bolts/balls from his hands.

I think that's a bad idea. The marvel films work on an action level because everyone has some kind of visceral link to the action, whether it's thors hammer and the big lightning cracks when he hits poo poo or iron man's suit or whatever.

I was always wondering how they were going to make a dude who waves his hands and magic happens work in an action movie and the answer was of course to make it just a little closer to bending ala avatar combined with the fractal stuff.

That little whip thing, the villains excellent ethereal weapons, and the shields people used? Very cool. If he just starts flinging fireballs around that's veering very close to scarlet witch who is pants.

• Locked thread