Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
For those who saw it: do they use the Marvel Cinematic Universe studio fanfare? (this thing)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

I said come in! posted:

Is Doctor Strange a small indie movie with a very limited release in theaters or something? I literally cannot find a theater playing this film next week and I live in a major city. :psyduck: I live right next to an AMC, this is not a small local indie theater, this is one of the biggest movie chains in the U.S. and somehow they are not playing this movie.

Well, the official release date isn't til Friday the 4th, so if you're looking for anything during the week proper, you won't find it.

If not, do you have a competing theater in town? The city I work in has a Cinetopia and an AMC a few blocks apart, and every so often there's some kind of dispute between them and one of them won't get a major release. The AMC didn't get The Force Awakens, of all things, for example.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I'd have to go dig up the article again, but I remember AMC getting in a tiff with Marvel a while back over how much of a cut the studio got vs how much the theater keeps. Maybe a similar thing happened here?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

tsob posted:

Was that actually revealed at any point? I thought people were just inferring it, because I don't remember any such reveal.

Yup; toward the end of the movie, Wong and Strange are having a discussion in the ruins of room with the doors to each Sanctum, as Strange puts the Eye of Agamoto back on its pedestal. Wong tells him that he'll learn more about its powers over time; but an amateur shouldn't really be walking around with an infinity stone around his neck

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah, when the Eye first showed up, and opened up to reveal a glowy green stone inside; I absolutely knew they were making that the Time Stone. But I wasn't expecting it to be explicitly confirmed in the same movie

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Zzulu posted:

So Dr.Strange is some sort of wizard?

More of a sorcerer, really. With lots of extra toppings.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Inspector 34 posted:

Watched this movie twice now and I must be missing something, because I'm pretty sure Strange just walks up and takes an Infinity Stone that nobody seems to give a poo poo about. They mention it, but make no move to put it back in its place. Is the Time Stone just that big of a piece of crap? Granted, at the beginning of GotG, the Power Stone was just chilling in some ruins on some planet, but being lost is different than being disregarded.

It's kept under guard in the Ancient One's library. They just didn't expect one of their own to just start loving around with it.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Mierenneuker posted:

I really wish the movie didn't have a line about the patient being a organ donor tho. The number #1 bullshit excuse for not being a organ donor is that people think that the medical personnel won't give it their utmost best and just move on to harvesting your organs if they see you are a donor. Dear Marvel, those silly people don't need any sort of dumb reaffirmation from your fantasy comic book wizard movie.

yikes, I hadn't even made that connection. That's really unfortunate.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Inhumans the film was cancelled, replaced by Inhumans the TV show, starting next year.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

achillesforever6 posted:

I think it's technically a miniseries from what I've read

Yeah; it's 8 or 10 episodes. The first two are getting an IMAX theatrical run

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I feel like it would have been cleaner if that had been the guy who got hurt in Hammer's prototype combat suit, and there had been a timeskip involved in Strange's training. It's a bit awkward that The Ancient One compares the time and dedication needed to be a sorcerer to his years of med school...and then Strange does it in two weeks.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

The_Doctor posted:

The test pilot he turns down is the Hammer dude, otherwise the timelines wouldn't mesh at all.

Did they really kept that guy laying around for like 5 years before trying to refer him to Strange?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
He wrecked his car in 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Lobok posted:

Other than having those trophies and awards in his apartment dated as 2016, it's just much easier to assume the movie takes place over a longer/earlier period.

Yeah, until my rewatch when I spotted those dated items, I had assumed the same thing.

• Locked thread