Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

Seemlar posted:

The Stan Lee cameo is a really bad one, just lovely and interrupts a major scene in an intrusive way. They need to just stop doing these already.

For this movie, the cameo sucked. But I still think Stan "The Man" Lee cameos can be done well. Deadpool for the best Stan cameo in all of Marvel cinema.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

Shneak posted:

1. The Ancient One getting merc'd. Seemed like she got defeated quickly in New York and then loving died. Maybe I'm just bitter that we won't see Tilda Swinton again. Her death monologue was surprisingly sad though.

I wouldn't call living several lifetimes a quick death. She said she saw that moment many many times before, so it was her time to go regardless. How she got in that state didn't really matter too much.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

Neo Rasa posted:

So like this guy can just Suck a sorcerer's magic and ability to do magic out of them whenever and also he hates all sorcerers just from the Ancient One saving humanity often? Uh....

He doesn't hate her because she saved humanity. He hates her because she broke the rules and used forbidden magic to stay alive. He thought it would bring worse things. Then he saw Strange use forbidden magic too, which caused him to snap and became a crazy person.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

Josh Lyman posted:

The writers though "the bill always comes due" was a loving revelation and built the plot around that line.
Sorcerers remind me of Captain Kirk. Yes, violating the prime directive may lead to bad things but we need to get past today first.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

NmareBfly posted:

Strange just falls out of a hole in the air ready to be the sorcerer supreme.
I feel the same way about our new president.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

Neo Rasa posted:

On the other hand this also kind of reads like now we gotta deal with folks like Kaecilius because we tried to stop folks like Kaecilius.
An unending series of obstacles is necessary for the longevity of a super hero.

• Locked thread