Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Pretty much every review says "it's really pretty the effects are good and the music is good, but it's formulaic," which is to be expected from Marvel at this point.

Hopefully the next two (the two with the best directors) break that mold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Yeah, I knew they were going to waste Mads and it's probably going to make me not like the movie because of it.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

It's usually not a dispute, they usually have a deal in place with the other theater that they will rotate blockbusters.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

davidspackage posted:

He's actually a con artist using pulleys and a highly trained dog.

God, finally someone saw what I saw while watching this. I thought I was going crazy.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

davidspackage posted:

Alright, but then why go after Pangborn, of all people? Dude uses sorcery for only the most basic thing, keeing himself walking. This way, it made Mordo look like a power-vampire. I guess possibly Pangborn drew power from the same well as the Ancient One or Mordo resents him for leaving the Sanctum, but none of that was implied.

edit: You did mention 'sorcerers using power for their own benefit,' which is what Pangborn's doing. Still, talk about starting small.

Because he knows he's an easy target. The Ancient One says that he uses all his power all the time to make himself not crippled, so Mordo knows he can't fight back and it will be simple to take his power.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Lobok posted:

Really not looking forward to Vision dying. Like he'll either be ripped apart or he'll fall over dead like Switch in The Matrix.

I look forward to the scene when Thanos punches Vision's head into a wall and sockets the infinity stone into the Gauntlet in one move.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

well why not posted:

A+ posting guys. Way to contribute :thumbsup:

Username/post A+

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

twerking on the railroad posted:

Chiwetel is so good at that. I still think he should have won an Oscar for 12 years a slave.

The literal saddest utterance of "I'm sorry..." in movie history.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Just because Thanos has no personality now doesn't mean he won't. Thanos is one of Marvel's best villains in the comics.

Which means they're probably going to gently caress him up 100%, so never mind.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Mads Mikkelson is apparently the most chill dude on the planet. He has beers with fans all the time if they see him at a bar or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

You should check out The Hunt if you'd like to see him acting to his full potential (in Danish).

• Locked thread