Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Detective No. 27 posted:

He was presented as being inferior to Dr. Strange, sure, but I got the impression that the hospital was some super top of the line hospital with elite doctors. Dr. Strange was supposed to be the best of the elite, which is why he got the perk of being able to pick and choose his patients.
I liked how that tied into him never trying something that he thought he'd fail at, actually. Fun little personality note, just like the reason that he knows the inside of a broom closet in his hospital so very well.

And maybe I misread how he set up that (ending) time loop, but I didn't think he was abusing "save-states" or anything like I'd thought he would. Instead, I read it as a loop that Dormammu percieved that Strange couldn't, so as far as the Strange at the end of the movie knows, he walked into Dormammu's realm, heard Dormammu scream about making it stop, and knew that his plan had already succeeded over the multiple loops. So end!Strange didn't actually die brutally over and over again, but he did know that all of the other Stranges that existed in that time loop had. Does that make any sense?

Also, joking and chatting during surgery is really common, guys. Most med schools have a program to literally get your MD and PhD at the same time, so that being presented as proof of his supergenius made me giggle a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

LividLiquid posted:

I thought it was Rhodey.
Though the timelines don't match up at all for it to be Rhodes, it sounds like it a lot. Strange skips that case because he thinks it'd be boring, though.

• Locked thread