Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Just back from seeing it.

They turned the Ditkometer up on the visuals. The trippy magic scenes look fantastic.

Also the ending is both amazing visually, and pretty drat funny.

I normally don't like Cumberbatch, but he was the perfect choice for Strange.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Scott Adsit is in Big Hero 6, a Marvel film, which sort of makes him a part of the MCU.

There are two after credits scenes.

One is a lead in to Thor 3:

In the first scene, we see Doctor Strange meeting Thor, offering him a self-refilling glass of beer and asking why Loki is in New York – he explains he knows this because he keeps a watchlist of threats, and that Loki is one of them. Thor tells Strange that Loki and he are looking for their father, Odin, and Strange offers to help him.

The second one is after the ending of Strange (very minor spoiler)

Baron Mordo cripples a guy and it hints that he is going to become evil.

You missed an important part of the first scene.

Strange agrees to help find Odin on the condition that the Asgardians never return to Earth. Thor agrees.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Drifter posted:

This was the dumbest loving thing I'd seen in a Marvel movie. And I've pretty much seen them all.

Well, that's...kinda the whole point. Quill knew he had to distract Ronan somehow, and just done the first thing that came to mind. It didn't need to be some kind of cunning plan, it just had to get Ronan's attention for a few seconds.

Quill's no Batman, he doesn't have a contingency plan for every possible situation. He was a dude flying by the seat of his pants, and him dancing and talking poo poo to buy time was perfectly in character.

• Locked thread